James Russell is rubbish - in my opinion

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well half way there, he is on now so we are spared of him the the Freeview shift tonight, now a big push out of Eagle Road Studios and never let back in an a lot of GemsTV viewers will be happy.

:mysmilie_348: Graham.. I couldnt have said it better!..
and on now .....whats with the red open neck shirt showing off his horrible hairy chest yukkky! enough already...all together now "Push!!!

Mirabelle

The open shirt and rolled up sieves are a bid up tatic don't think should be used selling Jewellery.

Glad it"s not just me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw him last night peddling coated pink diamonds for a few minutes. Don't know why I bothered torturing myself really. He doesn't come across as a warm person, does he. It was just awful ... not just the presenter himself, but the whole experience .... music is dreadful, graphics and camera work not easy on the eye.

Present day Gems TV is nothing reminiscent of what it used to be. Think back to when Steve Ashton was presenting, and then compare to today's beast! Horrid, horrid, horrid.

I saw him last night peddling coated pink diamonds for a few minutes. Don't know why I bothered torturing myself really. He doesn't come across as a warm person, does he. It was just awful ... not just the presenter himself, but the whole experience .... music is dreadful, graphics and camera work not easy on the eye.

Present day Gems TV is nothing reminiscent of what it used to be. Think back to when Steve Ashton was presenting, and then compare to today's beast! Horrid, horrid, horrid.

:mysmilie_348: Noticed that he has had a shave! didnt recognise him without without the face fungus! Still waves his hands around, like a windmill in a hurricane! I do think he should be given a puppet!- he would be excellent on the Sooty and Sweep show!

But wot i dunt understand is - are gems doing so badly, they have had to sell all their chairs?:mysmilie_17: and why are they now copying the other jewellery channels, and now show you at the beginning of each hour, exactly what they are going to be trying to flog to you? I preferred it, when it was a total shock at what the next item would be! :mysmilie_701: it was the element of surprise/shock that kept me in suspense! :mysmilie_11: :mysmilie_12:

To me it is just like when Ashton was presenting, I never trusted him either, sorry M :mysmilie_697:

I liked Steve Ashton before he became Sales Manager. His presentations were funny, but didn't much care for him when he achieved his inflated status.

:mysmilie_348: Graham.. I couldnt have said it better!..
and on now .....whats with the red open neck shirt showing off his horrible hairy chest yukkky! enough already...all together now "Push!!!

Mirabelle

I think he shaved the cat for that hairy chest in a vain bid to look macho... poor soul

I think he shaved the cat for that hairy chest in a vain bid to look macho... poor soul

He breeds 'em for the purpose Tasi. 'Tis a very sad tale, see below for before and after xxxx

Attachments

• kitten140.jpg
    kitten140.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 119
  • hairless-cat4-th.jpg
    hairless-cat4-th.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 114
I liked Steve Ashton before he became Sales Manager. His presentations were funny, but didn't much care for him when he achieved his inflated status.

I agree with you about Steve Ashton Marble. I wouldn't say he was bad after his promotion, he wasn't bad by any means, just different. He definitely lost some of his cheeky charm and became more serious and driven. I can understand really, it must need a shift in attitude when you become a manager and not just one of the guys.

I hate to slate people but I just can't take to James Russell at the moment, I hope when he settles in that he will improve.

Inge x

As I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread - I'd ask a friend's daughter who works for Gems about the whole James Russell situation. She's actually in a different role there than I had thought - anyway, that's not important - I asked:
and,
Put it this way, we are all on the right track with this thread in the forum.

There was so much more too that she said, but, to risk her job is not something I want to do.
Needless to say, it's not a happy place at the moment. How very sad.

Thanks for sharing that with us Lustrous - like the name :)

That is sad to hear. It can be a make or break for a whole team when a new person arrives or a lovely colleague departs can't it? I do hope for the sake of the other presenters that Gems can resolve the atmosphere and restore karma!

Inge x

Latest posts

Back