Ultrasun TSV 3/4/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks Sazza i was looking at Ultrasun the other day i used Piz Buin once a day last year but this gets rave reviews x

:mysmilie_687:
I hope we get the lotion with the subtle sparkly bits in. A lovely FM suggested I should try it, bought it and loved it.

:mysmilie_687:
I hope we get the lotion with the subtle sparkly bits in. A lovely FM suggested I should try it, bought it and loved it.

thats the oneI use its fab used to get real bad prickly heat BUT NO MORE can bake away in the Cyprus heat and am absolutely fine ( dont tell Ali Y):mysmilie_11:

Possible TSV details.

228999 - Ultrasun
1 x 500ml Ultrasun 20 Sports formula
1 x 150ml Ultrasun Family 30
1 x 150ml Ultrasun Aftersun
1 x 1.48g medium 15 SPF Ultrasun Ultralip

Yay! I love the facial spf30 so would like to try some more, can't wait to see what this one is.

I get my Ultrasun from http://www.ifsogo.com/Holiday/Ultrasun free delivery, discounts for multi purchases and they stock the whole range. :)

:hi:
Philosophy Girl, please can you tell me how often you apply the Face SPF30? I've just bought it from www.ifsogo.com (fab service, received next day - £14.99 & free Ultrasun lip balm) & when I've read the leaflet, it doesn't say it's once a day, which I thought it was.
Also, PG, do you use it over moisturiser or on its' own?

Thanks in advance.

I notice on that website mentioned, that they recommend that each person will need 150ml of the family product per week. At £18 a go, that's quite expensive.

Philosophy Girl, please can you tell me how often you apply the Face SPF30? I've just bought it from www.ifsogo.com (fab service, received next day - £14.99 & free Ultrasun lip balm) & when I've read the leaflet, it doesn't say it's once a day, which I thought it was.

Thanks in advance.

I only apply it once a day, and I don't use additional moisturiser.

I notice on that website mentioned, that they recommend that each person will need 150ml of the family product per week. At £18 a go, that's quite expensive.

It is the best sun protection on the market though, IMO. I think good sun protection is worth the outlay, and definitely preferable to developing skin cancer.

Beauty Gurus of the forum please help!!

I love ultra sun and want to get the duo of 50+ SPF and try the 30SPF Face. I am currently finishing off a bottleof 28SPF. So I am holding off buying anymore until I know what the TSV is.

What I would like to know is what order do you put it on? Do you cleanse, tone, ultra sun, serum, moisturiser? Or cleanse, tone, serum, ultra sun then moisturise? Or cleanse, tone, serum, moistuise and then ultra sun. The possibilities are endless!!!

I have been Clensing toning and then looking at the weather, if it is sunny - Ultra sun, if not serum/oil, then moisturiser. I have been putting it on my decollete every day as that is always where I get caught out weatherwise at this time of year and end up with a pink chest. I am only 30 but am very fair and not that it is terrible but I am aware of a bit of sun damage (AY would have a hissy fit) and I don't want it to get worse. The problem is they hook you into buying these products and you really don't have a clue what is the best way to combine them.
I am currently using Liz Earle C&P & Toner or Philosphy Purity Cleanser. I use Decleor Neroli Aromessence and Source D'eclat Radience Moisturiser at the moment. As they are all not cheap I want to get the best out of them.

I am sorry it is so long and if I haven't posted this in the right place, I regularly read this forum to find out whats in the upcoming TSV's, I don't know how you do it, but keep up the good work!

I love ultra sun and want to get the duo of 50+ SPF and try the 30SPF Face. I am currently finishing off a bottleof 28SPF. So I am holding off buying anymore until I know what the TSV is.

What I would like to know is what order do you put it on? Do you cleanse, tone, ultra sun, serum, moisturiser? Or cleanse, tone, serum, ultra sun then moisturise? Or cleanse, tone, serum, moistuise and then ultra sun. The possibilities are endless!!!

I have been Clensing toning and then looking at the weather, if it is sunny - Ultra sun, if not serum/oil, then moisturiser. I have been putting it on my decollete every day as that is always where I get caught out weatherwise at this time of year and end up with a pink chest. I am only 30 but am very fair and not that it is terrible but I am aware of a bit of sun damage (AY would have a hissy fit) and I don't want it to get worse. The problem is they hook you into buying these products and you really don't have a clue what is the best way to combine them.
I am currently using Liz Earle C&P & Toner or Philosphy Purity Cleanser. I use Decleor Neroli Aromessence and Source D'eclat Radience Moisturiser at the moment. As they are all not cheap I want to get the best out of them.

I am sorry it is so long and if I haven't posted this in the right place, I regularly read this forum to find out whats in the upcoming TSV's, I don't know how you do it, but keep up the good work!

Excellent question - I wish I knew! I cleanse, tone, ultrasun, aromessence, moisturiser. But I can definitely see the logic of cleanse, tone, serum/aromessence, ultrasun, moisturiser because serums are supposed to penetrate. Any ideas anyone?

I think....

Hi :hi:,
I seem to remember AY saying that the Ultrasun SPF 30 face anti-ageing formula was enough on its own and you didn't need anything else either before or after applying it. It says on the back of the product: "sun protection and anti-ageing beauty product in one". You would need an eye product though with an SPF in it, like Liz Earle Eye repair.
I had a long chat with the Ultrasun rep at the beauty Bash in January and she confirmed that it is a once a day product, but for a time they couldn't put it on the packaging due to a technicality. They had to do more clinical trials to prove it worked when applied properly once a day. Because the company is Swiss, they err on the side of caution if there is the slightest question about trials being comprehensive enough.
The lady assured me that the product is now able to be labelled as a once a day product, but you have to apply it liberally for it to work properly. I also thought it needed to be applied to clean, dry skin for it to "bond" with the skin. It is pricey, but it should be a saving on the products that need re-applying often though.
I have very fair skin and used to suffer from Prickly Heat in the sun, but since using Ultrasun, I have not burned nor had Prickly Heat on holiday and I apply it only once a day.
I use the factor 28 body and the 30 face. My OH uses the factor 20 sport gel, applied once a day and he too has not burned.
Perhaps AY and the rep will give us more info on air on the TSV day.
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Thanks in advance.

As others have said this does last all day, and that's fine for me at home but I would top up on hols because I burn really easily. Sunscreen should always be applied direct to the skin for it to bond properly. I'm using this on it's own and I don't feel I need anything else on top, my skin us pretty normal but can sometimes be dry/sensitive. I suffer from mild pigmentation too, so far this has keep the brown bits at bay!

The thing i'm loving most about this is that it really does sink in without leaving grease behind. I hate the tacky feeling from other sunscreens but this leaves no residue on me at all.

Excellent question - I wish I knew! I cleanse, tone, ultrasun, aromessence, moisturiser. But I can definitely see the logic of cleanse, tone, serum/aromessence, ultrasun, moisturiser because serums are supposed to penetrate. Any ideas anyone?

I am hoping I will be enlightened by AY. I know alot of people say that the Ultrasun is enough, but I have all these other products that are quite good too and I want to use them as well. I am loving the Decleor Source D,eclat moisturiser I am using at the moment as it gives my skin a lovely radiance, that I don't get from Ultrasun 28 on it's own.

Also I also have been given a pot of Elemis Pro-collegen Marine Cream and was thinking of trying the Tri-Enzyme system. I know Elemis do a Sun screen called liquid layer but it is not an all day formula so I would put it on have a cup of tea and get dressed and if it was sunny I would have to reapply then again at lunch and on the hour every hour if I was out in the sun. If sun care is so important according to AY then maybe QVC should just sell Ultrasun and no other day creams at all!

Sorry but I am beginning to get frustrated as I have these expensive products that QVC has encouraged me to buy and I don't know how to use them. I don't want to use the day moisturisers as a night cream as I love Balm Essential for that. I did ask a Decleor girl at a H of F, and got told she couldn't advise me as Ultrasun isn't one of their products. Well I will be giving up Decleor poducts before I give up protecting my skin from skin cancer!

Latest posts

Back