Ultrasun TSV 3/4/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In response to MsTrouble I will once again defend this product. I have been to my product sheet, supplied with my ultrasun and I quote the following from their information sheet:-"...HAVE TO BE APPLIIED IN GENERAL ONLY ONCE A DAY..However, (which they stress) remember that each person has their own individual sun account which is only available once aday and must never become overdrawn. The sun exposure time depends on the sensitivity of the skin, the intensity of the sun the acclimatation of the skin to the sun. You may reapply in the case of excessive and prolonged water sport"
So, simples, common sense I would have though, not everyone is the same.
And, P20, not for me, suffered dreadful prickly heat!

Last edited:
That is my point looby, 'applied in general only once a day' which means it is not clearly 'once a day' for everyone and they should make that clear on air, perhaps that is why it cannot be written on the packaging?

The good thing is there is a huge choice of suncare for people to try and like Ultrasun and many other brands suit some people and not others and of course using common sense when being out in the sun.

:sun::sun::sun:

New packaging states "once a day"

That is my point looby, 'applied in general only once a day' which means it is not clearly 'once a day' for everyone and they should make that clear on air, perhaps that is why it cannot be written on the packaging?

The good thing is there is a huge choice of suncare for people to try and like Ultrasun and many other brands suit some people and not others and of course using common sense when being out in the sun.

:sun::sun::sun:

Hi,
It is written on the packaging now - it was only for a short while that it wasn't, due to a technicality, since resolved. (Info from the Ultrasun guest at the last Beauty Bash)
:talking::talking::talking:

I've just received my Auto Delivery parcel today & they've made a mistake with mine :giggle::giggle::giggle: - I've got 2 x SPF30's instead of 1 SPF30 & an aftersun.
I'm definitely not complaing!

I've not tested out this tsv with long sun exposure yet so can't comment on the effectiveness against burning, but I can vouch for the effectiveness that the spf30 face formula has had on my pigmentation marks. I've been using this since January (i think I actually ordered it on one of the -14 freezing cold days, lol!) and my pigmentation has not flared up this summer as it usually does. I've used other suncreams which have helped a lot, but the ultrasun has given me the best result against pigmentation so far.

just bumping this thread 'cos i'm in portugal at the mo and using the TSV so can give some first hand feedback.

firstly, after youve opened the sports gel SPF 20 and attached the pump dispenser then please make sure you store it upright. i didnt and as a result i've lost 75% of it in the bottom of the drawer. durr.

as for protection, ive been using the SPF 30 on my face and zero cropped bonce which is my numero uno burn risk. ive been using (whats left of) the sports SPF 20 on my body. i was a gingery freckly child and am predisposed to burning although less so since i hit my 40's and started putting a bit more time/effort into getting a tan. the darkest i ever go is a light golden though.

its in the mid to upper 30's celcius here and Ive been sunbathing for 2.5 hours by the pool and inthe pool after 3pm every day. this is in line with the recommendation on the SPF30 leaflet which talks about your "sun account". no burning at all but ive been going to a solarium twice a week for a few weeks so my skin is somewhat prepped (dont tell gobsh*te about the sunbed, she'll have a foal or something). i did an extra hour today just because it was sooo tempting and i went out at 2pm instead of 3.... danger-bear!:muscle: this evening will tell whether ive pushed it too far.:giggle:

the factor 30 absorbs pretty good on the face/head, might be a bit too thick and gloopy for mens bodies though. i prefer the sports gel which goes on really easily - it feels very similar to P20. when ive caught my neck with it after shaving it has stung. the SPF 30 cream does not. the sports gel leaves a slight coating on the skin which is hard to describe. not really greasy but you can tell its there - again very much like P20.

one thing thats never mentioned on the presentations is that just like P20 this stuff WILL stain white clothes. it does mention this in in the leaflet.

all in all i think i would buy again.

Latest posts

Back