Ultrasun TSV 3/4/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i think i may give in to it, can someone tell me is the sport formula ok on the face?and is it truley non greasy?

I was wondering this too, as I probably wouldn't use the rest. Would also use this on the cats ears as I can never catch them to re-apply their lotion once they've been done once!! :mysmilie_515:

PS - is it only the sports gel that is 'once a day'?

Last edited:
I've tried several of the ultrasun products - both on self and seriously plae red-head (& a bit bald) husband. He uses them once-a-day. I reapply on my face if I'm out all the time.
We use the higher factor most of the time but the sports one is really the esiest to use and least sun-creamy!

I was wondering this too, as I probably wouldn't use the rest. Would also use this on the cats ears as I can never catch them to re-apply their lotion once they've been done once!! :mysmilie_515:

PS - is it only the sports gel that is 'once a day'?

I've tried the spf20 on my face and it's far to slimey. you would need to use the lotion formula spf30 on the face.

Really wanted to try ultrasun - have really hankered after it from past presentations - but would only realistically use one of the 4 products so not going for it.

I love the glimmer spf 20 just back from the Algarve we had the glimmer and the sports spf20 purchased duty free in October that we hadn't used.
Hubby usually uses P20, every morning I could hear him cough applying the Ultrasun sport due to it's smell, he is very fair, blond and did burn.
I haven't purchased the TSV for the summer, as hubby says he doesn't have as much confidence in the Ultrasun and is going back to P20.

Last edited:
I love the glimmer spf 20 just back from the Algarve we had the glimmer and the sports spf20 purchased duty free in October that we hadn't used.
Hubby usually uses P20, every morning I could hear him cough applying the Ultrasun sport due to it's smell, he is very fair, blond and did burn.
I haven't purchased the TSV for the summer, as hubby says he doesn't have as much confidence in the Ultrasun and is going back to P20.

:hi:
bump for BB

My advanced order has just been shipped so will test it under UV index 6-7. I'm dark haired with very fair skin that burns very easily so will need to take care if it's not as effective as advertised. I normally use Liz Earle's suncare as I find it the most water resistent when in and out of the pool all day, but the long shelf-life, no ghostly whitness and the once a day application of Ultrasun appealed to me.

hi, this is my first post I have been browsing for a while but felt that I had to tell people of my experience of ultrasun

I bought the factor 20 sports formula from qvc last year and found it to be absolutely useless as a spf. I have black hair and olive skin and do not normally use anything above an spf15 and in my younger days used to slap on the hawaiian tropic no spf oil and never burn. I am now more aware of the danger of the sun so bought this last year after hearing how great it was et etc and found although not burnt to a crisp my skin was tender as if it was on the verge of burning.

I returned it for a refund on my return from holiday but had to buy some cheap local spf15 for the remainder of my holiday that was far superior to the ultrasun.

I also bought the spf30 from John Lewis this was used by my partner and son and although it was okay I did not think that it provided the same protection as the once a day stuff you buy off the high street.

I just don't want anyone to ge burnt and it spoil their holidays

I confess that I did not buy the TSV as it didn't have exactly what I wanted. I didn't even manage to watch any of the shows as we were away from home and I refused to let 'outside people' realise how much I watch QVC!

I am currently running out of 28 and was going to buy the face 30 for me and the sensitive 50+ for my son. I becauce I am so fair, I do not sun bathe in any sense of the word and cling to any form of shadow like a vampire when it is sunny. I have been applying the 28 to my face and decollete an on the backs of my hands every morning instead of moisturiser and so far I have avoided any pinkness.

Because I actively avoid the sun and cover up I don't know how effective it is if you slather it on and then bare skin and spend alot of time in the sun as I never do that. But my experience of the 28 is that I can apply first thing in the morning and a few hours later sit with the sun on my face in the car for 30mins + and I am not getting burnt, today I sat for 40 mins in the garden without any shade on a sunny day and no pink skin. For me this is unheard of.

As I didn't watch the shows, I rang Ultrasun advice line and they told me that the 28 is now called the Family 30 and that what the 30 means is for some one like me (pasty white/never tans, just burns) the max I should be in the sun without protection is 10-15mins and that the Family 30 would increase that time if properly applied to clean dy skin (No serums or mositurisers) by 30 times, avoiding being out 12-2pm. so that is about 7+hrs. If you want to go out for longer or proper sun bathe then reapply.

She also said the face 30 has an anti aging formula, so I think that maybe why some have experienced the spot problem. If I use anything too anti aging eg Gatineau I end up with angry under the surface cyst bumps of spots.

The most super sensitive formula is the Ultra sensitive 50+ one, which is even more protective than the Family 30 and is the most sensitive formula they do. so I have decided to go for the Family 30 as that has worked a treat so far and get some 50+ for my son. I will save all my serums and Pro collegen marine cream for the evening. I hope this has helped others.

sorry but I have to defend this product and no I dont work for them or qvc. For many years I have suffered prickly heat, even in the uk even though I am dark haired I am fair skined. Approx 4 years I was told about ultrasun and though why not give it a go. I went to cyprus, 40 degree heat, never burnt, no pricklyheat and came homw with an amazing tan. Each year since I continue to use the products and they continue to deliver results for me. Each morning I apply to clean skin wait approx 30mins before going outdoors and I am good to go for the whole day, horses for courses, but I just wanted to say for me this product has been a godsend.

I totally agree with you Looby. I have used Ultra Sun for the past 3 years. I'm fair skinned but do tan usually after burning in some places. Since using Ultra Sun I've have never burnt or suffered from prickly heat, and I've got the most fantastic, even long lasting tan. I have used the Factor 28 (now Family 30) in Egypt and Spain 40 degreees and sunbathed in it without any problems applying once a day. Last year on the 2nd week of my holiday I went down to the Sport 20 formula and found it just as easy to use and didn't burn. My sister used the family 30 on her three children 5,7 and 11 and they were in and out the water all the time without any problems. I love the fact you can apply this once, its not greasy at all, and then enjoy your day. I usually buy from multipharmacy.com as they have great prices, but got the TSV as it was such a good deal. As long as they keep making Ultra Sun I won't use another sun cream as this really works for me.

I am very fair skinned and love Ultrasun which I have been using for several years. In the middle of summer, or hot, sunny days, or if I am going to be out in it all day - I am not a sunbather - I always use the SPF 50 on my (very white) body but I always use at least the SPF 30 and at least the SPF 30 anti ageing one on my face. I am perfectly confident that this protects me all day - I was outside at a garden show for 7 hours in full sunshine and nowhere to seek shade and I came back with just a scattering of freckles (which come out in the heat on me anyway). I make sure that I follow the instructions - use plenty of the product and allow it to sink in for at least 15 minutes before venturing outdoors. I have very sensitive skin (I am prone to eczema on my feet and ankles) and even during an outbreak I am able to slap on the Ultrasun with no ill effects. Of course not everything is for everyone and we can all easily react to different ingredients, but I can't recommend Ultrasun enough and I am much more confident that I am protected than I used to be with ordinary sunblocks that need repeated application - after all, there are places and locations you just can't keep slapping on more cream without risking indecency!

Hi :hi:,
I seem to remember AY saying that the Ultrasun SPF 30 face anti-ageing formula was enough on its own and you didn't need anything else either before or after applying it. It says on the back of the product: "sun protection and anti-ageing beauty product in one". You would need an eye product though with an SPF in it, like Liz Earle Eye repair.
I had a long chat with the Ultrasun rep at the beauty Bash in January and she confirmed that it is a once a day product, but for a time they couldn't put it on the packaging due to a technicality. They had to do more clinical trials to prove it worked when applied properly once a day. Because the company is Swiss, they err on the side of caution if there is the slightest question about trials being comprehensive enough.
The lady assured me that the product is now able to be labelled as a once a day product, but you have to apply it liberally for it to work properly. I also thought it needed to be applied to clean, dry skin for it to "bond" with the skin. It is pricey, but it should be a saving on the products that need re-applying often though.
I have very fair skin and used to suffer from Prickly Heat in the sun, but since using Ultrasun, I have not burned nor had Prickly Heat on holiday and I apply it only once a day.
I use the factor 28 body and the 30 face. My OH uses the factor 20 sport gel, applied once a day and he too has not burned.
Perhaps AY and the rep will give us more info on air on the TSV day.
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

As another poster mentioned and I have too before, their information leaflet makes no mention of the product being once a day which was why I returned it. I know a lot of people rave about it but I'm not convinced and won't risk using it. I have used P20 which really is 'once a day' and so is Parasol and they quote it on their packaging.
Just because the Rep said it was ok to me doesn't mean that it is and reps are there to sell.
Not being able to put 'once a day' on the label concerns me enough not to buy their product.

Latest posts

Back