Chit Chat

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

gemdreamer

Registered Shopper
The last few times i've tuned into rockstv and have had a read of the chit chat room there has been a few people on there slagging off this forum.
I know people can say what they want etc but there have been statements that this forum doesn't like rock tv, has a personal dislike, and tonight i read that all they do now is slag off rocks tv!

These statements are basically untrue, and i think it is a shame they are being made. Also, just because you may not like a comment or comments made by some posters on a forum doesn't mean you should make comments about an entire forum as if its one person!:mysmilie_73:

They seem to think ST is against Rocks and everything here is negative towards Rocks. Not true, we have threads in this section where people are posting photos of the items they have purchased, where I come from that is positive!!!

There are positive and negative threads in ALL sections of this forums, there are good and bad points to all channels and Rocks is no different to any other channel, there is bound to be things people like and things they don't.

Personally I don't think it matters a jot what's said in the chat. I doubt Rocks sales are affected as I should imagine it's a minority that get that much involved anyway. Sure, Rocks will have it's dissenter's but I think they're big enough and brave enough to ride it out. I do hope Rocks make a go of things. They're not perfect and I do think the move to Sky has brought them more business in a short space of time than they anticipated but 'it'll all come out in't wash' as my Ma used to say. :mysmilie_17:

Don't do Rocks Chit Chat but maybe one or two constant negative posters on here have coloured most peoples' views of ST which is a real shame as most of us are open and fair in our criticism of Rocks who certainly seem to have been missing the mark more often than usual lately but at least their staff still read the Forum and try to help out.

Perhaps what we all ought to remember is that each of us are able to come on here and say whatever we please about Rocks, good or bad. To post that it is unfair to do exactly the same but in reverse is a little hypocritical in my opinion.

I fear many people's view of ST has been tainted by, as Mr Jones says, persistent negative threads that are not constructive and negative threads that are untrue. Yes the occasional positive thread occurs, but they are few and far between at the moment.

my main objection sheffieldowl was them refering to this forum as a whole because they heven't liked some peoples posts on here, when in fact this forum is made up of thousands of people, ans lots of good posts have been made about rockstv! Also they made statements that were untrue, as this forum doesn't have a personal hatred of rocks tv at all! Plus, some of the people commenting, from what i read hadn't even read the posts/threads on here and were just going by the random comments made on rocks chat.

It is unfair to just a whole forum on a few posts you do not like, would they be happy if people judged rocks tv on 1 bad thing, say a stone falling out or an item being bad quality? No!

the worst part was one of the people slagging off this forum on rockstv chat was a name i have seen on here!

I disagree that this part of the forum has been nothing but negative and untrue posts. It's only in the past few months that negative posts have been posted about RocksTV. In all honesty, they have had a very very very good run of positive posts but, like any jewellery outlet, as it grows, problems will occur and there will be more negative posts. That's just the way it is.

I'm more suspicious when I see nothing but praise and people saying RocksTV can do no wrong because quite clearly it's not a balanced picture. There will ALWAYS be happy and unhappy customers. That's life. If people only want to see the good side of things then how will they know if the piece they're buying is good value or whether there have been problems with it during manufacture etc etc?

ps. Gemdreamer - I know that there are a couple of names on RocksTV that are nothing to do with posters on here. There's a person on RocksTV called Calico but it's not the Calico on here and there are others so it can be a bit confusing.

Last edited:
I wouldn't have thought the Bennetts will to pleased about this, as surely the fact that ST is being mentioned and any negative remarks about them posted here, is being drawn to other shoppers attention, you could find a customer comes here for a read and is then put off from buying where if they were ignorant to this forum would never know. I'm suprised they haven't done away with the chat, it seems to bring a lot of problems.

I disagree that this part of the forum has been nothing but negative and untrue posts. It's only in the past few months that negative posts have been posted about RocksTV. In all honesty, they have had a very very very good run of positive posts but, like any jewellery outlet, as it grows, problems will occur and there will be more negative posts. That's just the way it is.

I'm more suspicious when I see nothing but praise and people saying RocksTV can do no wrong because quite clearly it's not a balanced picture. There will ALWAYS be happy and unhappy customers. That's life. If people only want to see the good side of things then how will they know if the piece they're buying is good value or whether there have been problems with it during manufacture etc etc?

ps. Gemdreamer - I know that there are a couple of names on RocksTV that are nothing to do with posters on here. There's a person on RocksTV called Calico but it's not the Calico on here and there are others so it can be a bit confusing.

thanks for that info meeshoo, it is a bit confusing yes. I didn't realise they were different people from the ones on here :mysmilie_34:

you are exactly right Meeshoo i am less of a newby now but since joining i have taken the time to read former threads no company can expect 100% positive feedbacks that would be stupid but i do think that it is the personal attacks that have got peope riled, our like or dislikesfor a particular presenter is not what we are on here for , to disguss problems and help others with those problems to show what we have bought but too attack someone cause you dont like their nails or their hair or laugh is not on they have feelings as well and although they are in the lime light noone should have to put up with that.Noone has the right to do that to a fellow human being .there are people on tv i cannot stand so i turn off or over when they come on

Blinglover I agree. My only hesitation is that presenters do put themselves in the spotlight. It's us the general public who have to look at them and they're on air to sell to us so feedback would inevitably also come from us. So if their personal appearance leaves a bit to be desired or they try to "blag" by using dreadful sales techniques then I do feel that criticism is called for.

HOWEVER, I would prefer to see constructive criticism. A good example of this is Lucy on GemsTV. Each time there's a post about her, virtually everybody says that her shouting and yelling isn't pleasant and most people turn over or watch with the sound down. Now that can't make for good sales and if I were GemsTV I think (if enough people were saying the same), I'd be inclined to speak to the presenter and ask them to tone it down a bit.

I have to say that the amount of "presenter bashing" has been unwarranted just recently and took over the forum for a while. It didn't make pleasant reading on occasion. Happily it seems to have calmed down a bit - fingers crossed!

I wasn't suggesting that every thread here is negative or based on untruths, but sadly the majority recently have been. I am not referring to those posted by those who have had a genuine customer issue with Rocks, eg stones falling out or problems with delivery, these of course need to be aired and viewed so that it is transparent for all to see what problems occur and how they are dealt with, whether that customer experience is positive or negative.

Some of the people on the chat have had experiences on ST that have left a bad taste in their mouth and they have vocalised that. They have not necessarily been members here, but threads here have affected them none the less. To suggest that they shouldn't when a number of old threads here have been about individuals bidding and purchasing habits, and what people choose to speak about in chat is a little unfair on them. Freedom of speech goes both ways.

I wasn't suggesting that every thread here is negative or based on untruths, but sadly the majority recently have been. I am not referring to those posted by those who have had a genuine customer issue with Rocks, eg stones falling out or problems with delivery, these of course need to be aired and viewed so that it is transparent for all to see what problems occur and how they are dealt with, whether that customer experience is positive or negative.

Some of the people on the chat have had experiences on ST that have left a bad taste in their mouth and they have vocalised that. They have not necessarily been members here, but threads here have affected them none the less. To suggest that they shouldn't when a number of old threads here have been about individuals bidding and purchasing habits, and what people choose to speak about in chat is a little unfair on them. Freedom of speech goes both ways.

Nothing as far as I can see has happened on shoppingtelly.com that would leave a bad taste in anyone who uses Rocks Chat, unless they just believe one side of the story.

Graham, I refer to the thread that discussed the chat room on Rocks. I know from emails my wife has shown me that that thread in particular did, in fact, upset a number of people who are not ST members as they felt singled out by it. These people read the thread for themselves so couldn't have been swayed by a single persons opinion or description.

Sheffield Owl I hope you don't mind me also pointing out that some vile and horrible things have been said about ST/ST members on Chat? Only tonight, for the brief 5 minutes I went and had a look, there was somebody saying that ST was a waste of space etc etc etc. It works both ways.

SheffieldOwl said:
Graham, I refer to the thread that discussed the chat room on Rocks. I know from emails my wife has shown me that that thread in particular did, in fact, upset a number of people who are not ST members as they felt singled out by it. These people read the thread for themselves so couldn't have been swayed by a single persons opinion or description.

How strange and your wife being one of the ring leaders in chit chat last weekend,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am on Rocks tonight for the first time in an age and in the rocks chat, we have all been hacked off about being bounced when the nice stuff came up - I think that nobody is afraid to say what they like, and that's a good thing!

N xxx

Graham, you would need to speak with my wife directly regarding that. The thread to which I am referring was the one that led to the return of the Chit room at rocks. This is the thread she received emails from none members over, and it was closed a long while ago.

Sheffield Owl I hope you don't mind me also pointing out that some vile and horrible things have been said about ST/ST members on Chat? Only tonight, for the brief 5 minutes I went and had a look, there was somebody saying that ST was a waste of space etc etc etc. It works both ways.

exactly meeshoo.

also, to sheffieldowl, i know the thread you are refering to, and i can guess which non st members you mean and i can honestly say that i don't recall anything nasty being said about them. If my memory serves me correctly, it was simply stated that an open chat room like rocks chat was perhaps not the place for personal chat about health and other deeply personal topics.
No one was being cruel, its just that this was when there was only one rocks chat room which could be viewed by everyone who watched rocks online.

Latest posts

Back