Chit Chat

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Can anyone give any examples of the untruths and such that have been witnessed? As was said earlier, the chat can move terribly quickly so perhaps isn't being seen by Rocks staff monitoring the rooms if they are dealing with callers as well. Graham has said that people from Rocks still read the forum so maybe if examples are cited, it will assist them further.

Can anyone give any examples of the untruths and such that have been witnessed? As was said earlier, the chat can move terribly quickly so perhaps isn't being seen by Rocks staff monitoring the rooms if they are dealing with callers as well. Graham has said that people from Rocks still read the forum so maybe if examples are cited, it will assist them further.

Whilst the chat moves quickly for us and disappears it is saved so Rocks can see what was said a later time.

i was impressed to see your 'wife' (although relishing in news of some trouble the other day) finally agreeing the chatters (that couldn't wait to tell her what had been happening), had been unfair.... so she may be able to help.

Chat moves so quickly I can't usually keep up and although I've never seen any ST related posts I would have to sit there all day to see what is being said so anything could be going on there.

What is in their rules is this: "To ensure that both chat rooms remain friendly environments, all site users who are logged in and have the ability to chat are able to delete posts that they find inappropriate. Should a sufficient number of your posts be deleted by separate visitors then your ability to chat will be removed. Our Help Team may reinstate the ability to chat, but this is entirely at their discretion. Furthermore, our Help Team can make the decision to remove the ability to chat for any user at their own initiative and entirely at their own discretion."

So there is some kind of ability to bring malicious posting to the management's attention but not particularly immediate is it?.

I really think the Chit Chat thing is a waste of space and set up to take the "I have a cute cat" or "my sciatica is acting up" type posts away from Chat BUT it should be Moderated and that would be job I wouldn't fancy due to the speed it moves at. The only alternative is to dump it if it can't be controlled.

Last edited:
i was impressed to see your 'wife' (although relishing in news of some trouble the other day) finally agreeing the chatters (that couldn't wait to tell her what had been happening), had been unfair.... so she may be able to help.

I shall ask her, Mrs James, thank you. She is, by her own admission a 'gossip hound', so that sounds very much like her. Graham has requested that I not post regarding my wife's experiences though, so I shan't be able to offer any further information. My thoughts were perhaps that if comments are being missed by Rocks but mentioned here, they could peruse their records to ascertain the source.

do we know 100% that the ChitChat part is monitored? can i also ask anyone who has seen these comments, have you reported them at the time?

just referring back to this on the T&C "Should a sufficient number of your posts be deleted by separate visitors then your ability to chat will be removed". if comments have been reported, then surely Rocks have got to be seen to be allowing this behaviour...

crikey, all this fuss over a chat facility?! after all the comments previously, they think they've solved any issues by re-opening the other room then this happens! having a live link to the general public is a great facility but the responsibility that goes with it - a potential nightmare.

I've logged on to Rocks a couple of times this last week or so, and had a nose in the chat to see what news is about, or to see if any of my mates are in there hanging around and have been appauled by some of the comments made (incidentally on Mums 'puter so its not come up with my log on but hers!). How on earth things like that can be said without someone getting a warning at the very least is beyond me. It would be rather like me coming on here and saying 'Presenter X, is actually an imposter from the planet Green and is going to run off with our credit card details' - ludicrious right?

By Rocks letting people get away with blatant untruths, its just my opinion of course, they are as bad - if not worse for not putting a stop to it. Shame really as I have moral issues shopping with a channel that encourages that sort of behaviour. If they allow untruths about something like ST, what does that say? Untruths are acceptable? Its OK to tell lies about someone you have fallen out with? Wonder what they say about customers behind their back?

A real real shame as they have some excellent staff there, people that I would say are amongst the best in their field - what a waste.

very well said Debsie :clapping:

In my opinion this situation is a mountain out of a molehill. The original 'sin' was noted, talked about and dealt with last week.
Unfortunately, there are people silly enough to want to be self-appointed monitors, they watch and read the chit chat anonomously, then they scuttle over here and gleefully report what they have seen.
Next we have the contributions from folk who were not in the chat rooms at the time and have listened to hearsay, believed every word without question and are now condemning chat users as a bunch of lie spreading trolls!!
Hey, steady on..if those people have nothing better to do with their day than behave in a nursery fashion, then an awful lot of misinformation starts to fly around.
Only the people who were actually involved on the night this all happened, know the facts. It is very unhelpful to have overexcited rubberneckers trying to keep the flames burning.

Some excellent posts here - gemdreamer (as always ) and briolette, I couldn't agree more. Thing is, people love gossip, it's human nature. I love it and delight in people reporting the scandalous goings-on in chat, whether i approve or not, it's like a ghastly guilty pleasure.

Lies - as opposed to benign gossip- is nasty. I don't know what to say really, I've no idea how chit could realistically be kept in check. Scrap it altogether?

I'm shocked that this debacle over chat is still rumbling on and even more shocked at the unprofessionalism of SB to allow it to continue. This site attracts 100s of hits daily from its members and many many more from guests, in fact it was actually a very well known journalist who pointed me here in the first instance. All this controversy over the chat facility makes very uncool reading and if I was a potential consumer I would be left with a very poor impression of this channel from reading these threads. :wonder:

I'm shocked that this debacle over chat is still rumbling on and even more shocked at the unprofessionalism of SB to allow it to continue. This site attracts 100s of hits daily from its members and many many more from guests, in fact it was actually a very well known journalist who pointed me here in the first instance. All this controversy over the chat facility makes very uncool reading and if I was a potential consumer I would be left with a very poor impression of this channel from reading these threads. :wonder:

SB's behaviour seems to have been very unprofessional indeed lately! Not at all what i would expect from a man in his position.

In my opinion this situation is a mountain out of a molehill. The original 'sin' was noted, talked about and dealt with last week.
Unfortunately, there are people silly enough to want to be self-appointed monitors, they watch and read the chit chat anonomously, then they scuttle over here and gleefully report what they have seen.
Next we have the contributions from folk who were not in the chat rooms at the time and have listened to hearsay, believed every word without question and are now condemning chat users as a bunch of lie spreading trolls!!
Hey, steady on..if those people have nothing better to do with their day than behave in a nursery fashion, then an awful lot of misinformation starts to fly around.
Only the people who were actually involved on the night this all happened, know the facts. It is very unhelpful to have overexcited rubberneckers trying to keep the flames burning.

I do see where you are coming from briolette, but i also do think that people have the right to be informed if lies are being told about them

I'm sorry but this post was aimed at trying to cause trouble - nothing else.

Perhaps you should ask your wife what she said in Chat and why she's banned from here now. That might help you get the answers.

I'm sorry but this post was aimed at trying to cause trouble - nothing else.

Perhaps you should ask your wife what she said in Chat and why she's banned from here now. That might help you get the answers.

That is absolutely not the case. I was trying to make what I considered to be a sensible suggestion to try and help move things forward. Up to now Rocks have not done anything to address this situation and people have suggested that this is perhaps due to the fast movement of the chat and comments being missed. My suggestion was made so that examples could be cited, Rocks could review and take any action that they deemed appropriate. No particular names need to be mentioned, just details of the comment, the date, the time and which room the comment was made in. This would be ample for them to peruse their records, and would clarify whether they are genuinely missing untruths, or are choosing to ignore them. If you feel this wouldn't be helpful then I respect that absolutely, but to state I am merely making this suggestion to cause trouble is unfair.

Graham has requested I not speak about my wife's experiences and as such I will not be drawn into that conversation. I appreciate it may be difficult, but I have agreed with Graham that I shan't relate these experiences or speak about them and I intend to stick to that. It would be greatly appreciated if this went both ways. Aiming comments at me about my wife that I am unable, and unwilling given my agreement with Graham, to respond to is not going to assist in moving this thread forward to a conclusion or resolution.

That is absolutely not the case. I was trying to make what I considered to be a sensible suggestion to try and help move things forward. Up to now Rocks have not done anything to address this situation and people have suggested that this is perhaps due to the fast movement of the chat and comments being missed. My suggestion was made so that examples could be cited, Rocks could review and take any action that they deemed appropriate. No particular names need to be mentioned, just details of the comment, the date, the time and which room the comment was made in. This would be ample for them to peruse their records, and would clarify whether they are genuinely missing untruths, or are choosing to ignore them. If you feel this wouldn't be helpful then I respect that absolutely, but to state I am merely making this suggestion to cause trouble is unfair.

Graham has requested I not speak about my wife's experiences and as such I will not be drawn into that conversation. I appreciate it may be difficult, but I have agreed with Graham that I shan't relate these experiences or speak about them and I intend to stick to that. It would be greatly appreciated if this went both ways. Aiming comments at me about my wife that I am unable, and unwilling given my agreement with Graham, to respond to is not going to assist in moving this thread forward to a conclusion or resolution.

Surely this would be a matter for Rocks Help rather than here. I wasn't aware that it was ST's job to sort out the chat problems of Rocks. We can only give our opinions - we are not the chat police. xxx

Surely this would be a matter for Rocks Help rather than here. I wasn't aware that it was ST's job to sort out the chat problems of Rocks. We can only give our opinions - we are not the chat police. xxx

I agree with you absolutely. Sadly though this doesn't appear to be happening so anything we can do to move things along towards a resolution would surely be welcome. There is also concern that possibly the situation is being purposely overlooked and taking a pro active approach would either prove or disprove this hypothesis absolutely, and allow those who need to to lodge the necessary protests to do so with undeniable proof of their point.

The long term aim is, of course, for Rocks to manage the situation themselves. I feel that perhaps a nudge of this nature may achieve this more quickly. From what I have read it appears that everybody would, more than anything, like this to stop, so a swift resolution is in everybodys interests.

As per my previous post, if people don't consider this appropriate, and don't think this is a terribly good idea, then I absolutely respect that.

Last edited:

I don't see anything inflammatory in that post.

With everything that has gone on of late between Rocks heirachy and ST, I don't believe anyone at Rocks gives a rats a*s* what is said about ST in their chat rooms.

I don't see anything inflammatory in that post.

With everything that has gone on of late between Rocks heirachy and ST, I don't believe anyone at Rocks gives a rats a*s* what is said about ST in their chat rooms.

I think your right on that point badlyworntoy. It is a shame though as there are alot of people who are members of this forum AND shop with rockstv and by allowing this to continue rocks could be upsetting customers and losing business. I personally am put of by the fact that the owner of this company can behave in such a juvenile manner!

Nothing I have read on here has put me off rocks tv I love the jewellery I love the prices and I will shop with them for as long as I can afford to buy jewellery.I dont really care about the chat etc it will be old news next week when someone finds something else to moan about. If people have spread lies and the people involved seen it for themselves i'm sure they could of said something at the time and not dragged st into it

Latest posts

Back