What a waste of time (and money)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dollydiva

Registered Shopper
I saw that on the back of the IW invoice that it says to call CS before returning an item over £100 to 'arrange the most suitable returns procedure".

I'd ordered an item of jewellery and so knew that it would have to be returned by Special Delivery anyway, but as this was the first time I'd returned jewellery to IW, I wondered if maybe they had some other requirements as compared to QVC.

But no...I got told to return via SD...do wish I had confused their 08431 number with a local rate one as it's 25p per min on my mobile so bang went £3.50:doh:

Why do they have this useless piece of information suggesting that items over £100 have some special returns procedure when they don't? It all seems a con to get you to ring the premium rate telephone number:mysmilie_455:

dd

Hi DD

I am very sorry to read of your experience and thank you for the warning!

I am not an expert but I think that you have a case to go to the ASA about this.
I don't think that IW are allowed to invite you to call a premium rate number without telling you up front the following information:
a) it's a premium rate number and it will cost more if called from a mobile
b) how miuch the call will cost per min
c) how long the call will last.

I suggest that you write to IW about this and tell them that you want a refund of £3.50. If you they ignore your request I suggest that you put in a complaint to the ASA.

If IW read this post.
I purchase quite a lot of items from IW and think that you should be ashamed of yourself. This is a devious and dishonest way to fund your call centre operations. This is not the kind of behaviour expected of an established shopping channel.

I will think twice before I buy from IW.This is sharp practice.
Sapphireblue

I dont think you have a case to report it to the ASA but you could try calling the main switchboard at IW and asking to speak with a customer sevrvice manager in Peterborough.

Try 01733 316206

No premium and direct to the Head office.

Latest posts

Back