Indian shopping channel set for Monday launch - Page 2        

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

"Hello... its me again,yes thats right, your most economical host, here on WWS Just Dial it. You want a nice thing for your lovely ladies, yes hello ladies blah blah blah...."

32.99 for a really small embroidered bag :S ?
    My mum gets genuine leather bags from sit-up for 8.99 !

I wouldnt even give it 6 weeks Lexxy.

Before I go, "Just Dial it" :p

Post Thanks / Like

i've just seen a watch - and I quote

"it will tell you the right time"

yeah - but how will it look on my slender collar bone, and my creamy outfits

LMAO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Lexxy~*~ View Post
    OMG!

i seem to be drawn to 681 like a moth to the flame!
    Me too! It truly is train-wreck TV though, isn't it! I hope some of it survives on YouTube for future generations to enjoy, as it will surely be gone from our screens before the leaves turn brown on the trees.

Post Thanks / Like

It does rate very high on entertainment value tho, loved the other night when the girl kept pronouncing faux as fox when showing some faux pearls.
    :p

Middle England...left a bit, no, right...
    Post Thanks / Like

i feel soooooo bad for watching, but i'm glad it's not just me! :o

yes, the 'fox' got me for a few moments until it dawned on me what she was talking about :D

i have to say that the Guy presenter is a treat, he's just unreal! you know when you get a comedy sketch taking the mickey out of shopping channels, i swear he must style himself on that! :p

seriously though, they don't give any relevant info for whatever they're selling, no idea what anything is made of (unless it's 'genuine leather' hmm...), how big/small it is - nothing.

the main sales pitch seems to be "buy this & be the envy of your friends, gift this to your wife/girlfriend/mother & she will love you forever or this fantastic bargain for a very small amount of your hard earned money"

plus, the amount of times they refer to 'gold', 'diamonds' etc, the ASA will have a field-day!

Post Thanks / Like

Have they exported their call centre to the UK??

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried really hard to make allowances for 'cultural differences', but my god, this channel is awful.

I've been watching in appalled fascination for the last day or two, and frankly, I think 6 weeks is generous.

'

Middle England...left a bit, no, right...
    Post Thanks / Like

ah, i see Elise has joined the 'guilty pleasure watchers'! ;)

it is a shame they haven't got it right, whilst a lot of the stuff is complete pants - they do have some nice stuff too! :o some lovely handbags (too expensive for what they are tho) & they sell the beaded versions of the Stylee hair clip thingy (called African Butterfly from what i've seen on ebay) for only 5.99 each (but NOT a bargain when you add in the p&p ).

their UK website still wasn't up properly the last time i looked & as they give such little info either on screen or in the sales spiel, i wouldn't dare place an order at the moment...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Lexxy~*~ View Post
    i wouldn't dare place an order at the moment...
    What's "the moment" got to do with it?? ;)

Post Thanks / Like

I've got to get me some 'fox' diamonds!

BTW, just noticed that this is not a live channel. I'm even less impressed now - they can edit it and still goes out like that??!