Diabolical delivery and rude customer services

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Slave to Fashion

Registered Shopper
It is about 18 months since I last purchased anything from this company and things never change. On 20th April I decided to buy the easyfill hanging baskets and even got free P&P, but today 4th May still no hanging baskets despite their tracking info saying dispatched 21st April and with courier what a joke!! I rang customer services and after saying I was still waiting for said hanging baskets rude lady said sorry cannot hear you problem with line and put phone down:headbang::angry:. I rang back and spoke to another person who said due to high demand mine has been despatched today and I should recieve they by the 8th May, wont hold my breath though. This is definately the last time I buy anything from this cowboy outfit :down:

I ordered the blueberries during the free postage weekend and they arrived today. On the website it did say that they had a busy weekend and deliveries was running a bit late.
I also got the free apricot tree that was on offer during the weekend.

I wonder if it's something to do with gardening supplies as lots of QVC customers seems to have slow delivery issues with garden kit. I recently ordered Elizabeth Grant from IW and was amazed at how quickly it all arrived. Perhaps I've just been lucky but - so far - I've never had any problems with their deliveries and CS have always been polite.

Sounds about right. I am sure there is another poster here whopost here about someone who called to complain and was told they were too busy to deal with them and put the phone down. IS CS based here now or is it still overseas?

In the meantime, hope you get your goods soon STF.

Sounds about right. I am sure there is another poster here whopost here about someone who called to complain and was told they were too busy to deal with them and put the phone down. IS CS based here now or is it still overseas?

In the meantime, hope you get your goods soon STF.

Thanks cupcake, I thought it was just me, by the sounds of it still overseas. This morning still no hanging baskets to I rang cs to be told there was a problem with their system and ring back in 4 HOURS!! So I decided to ring home delivery network to check if they had my parcel, I had the sense to get a consignment No last time I rang which they gave but under protest. HDN man at my local depot was a star, he checked for me and told me thet they had no parcel in their system for me and to email Ideal world, which I have, still no reply. I then rang cs again to be told BE PATIENT it will be another week, this being said after being told 4 days ago it had been despatched and would be here by the end of this week. i am at my wits end now I just hope I actually get my goods now as IW have had payment for nearly 3 weeks now. Will keep you posted.

Hi to all. I too had a problem with getting hold of IW customer services last week by phone and email. I emailed Graham who kindly contacted customer services and I had a reply from them the next working day. They thanked me for my email sent to shopping telly, and everything is now sorted.

Still waiting

I ordered the easyfill wall planters and hanging baskets on the Monday 19th April. The wall planters were delivered on Friday 30th, but I still haven't had the hanging baskets yet. I've tried 3 times to email customer services over the past 8 or 9 days, and they haven't replied to me once. I'm currently watching Ideal Extra, and Shaun has just said to allow 21 days for delivery - do you think this would mean 21 working days, as I've already waited longer than the standard 21 days. Is anyone else still waiting?

I saw these baskets on IW last night and was amazed at the price £14.99 + £6.99 p&p. You can get them from Gardening Direct for £13.99 for 2 and it is a flat rate postage of £3.95 no matter how many items you order. I bought some last year from them and they are really good. I ordered the 12" version this year and they arrived in 2-3 days. Wouldn't bother with IW - they are crap!

I ordered the easyfill wall planters and hanging baskets on the Monday 19th April. The wall planters were delivered on Friday 30th, but I still haven't had the hanging baskets yet. I've tried 3 times to email customer services over the past 8 or 9 days, and they haven't replied to me once. I'm currently watching Ideal Extra, and Shaun has just said to allow 21 days for delivery - do you think this would mean 21 working days, as I've already waited longer than the standard 21 days. Is anyone else still waiting?

Thanks Bubbles, I emailed IW through Graham and am still awiting a reply, as yet still no hanging baskets, I am amazed that IW can still sell them as they have not yet fulfilled existing orders before taking anymore. Will never buy anything from this company again. I was lucky that I got free p&p, this was the only reason I bought them from IW, I wish I had paid £3.95 p&p and bought them elsewhere now. Will post as soon as I have anymore info.

They are available all over the place for less than at Ideal World. Just search for Plantopia Hanging Baskets or Plantopia Wall Planter. They are also sold on The Bay without p&p and you sometimes even get a choice between black or green. I have quite a few and they are very good and have just ordered the wall planters off The Bay, but they were only in black.

Result at last:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::whew:

Baskets arrived 5 minutes ago, it has only took 24 days since iI placed the order.:angry:

I would like to thank graham for his help to sort this out for me:star:

Hope everyone else with delivery and cs problems also gets thier orders.

This is the very last time I order from IW, never again!

Yippee!! They arrived at about 3:30 this afternoon. About time! I will certainly never order from Ideal World again, as there delivery time AND non-existent customer service are just downright disgraceful. How they are still in business I'll never know.

I ordered the hanging baskets too off IW when it was free p & p and yes, they took nearly three weeks to arrive.

I have seen them on E-bay and they are cheaper but I don't mind as without the P & P it was roundabouts and swings.

I never order anything that I want in a hurry because of their overseas call centre.

WHY OH WHY CAN'T THEY GET IT THOUGH THEIR HEADS THAT WE DON'T LIKE IT WHERE IT IS.

Sorry I meant to say that if other shopping channels can use British call centres and mange to make millions while doing so then why don't IW take a page out of their book and do the same.

They are shooting themselves in the foot. If we had better Customer Service, we would order more I am sure.

IDEAL WORLD - ARE YOU LISTENING?

Latest posts

Back