'Phone call today from CEO office.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SuziQ

Registered Shopper
I posted my annoyance a couple of weeks ago, about the decleor Hydra floral home and away set, that was free p&p and was virtually a buy one, get one free. My friend ordered some time after me,once it had gone to limited stock. Subsequently, hers was dispatched, but my mine went to 'awaiting stock'. I emailed about this as I was pretty annoyed-and had an email back, saying that her card must have debited faster than mine, and the practice is to send out first to the ones who's credit card clears quickest. I was really shocked, and emailed back asking about Trading standards and other sellling regulations and asked for my complaint to be sent to the CEO. Subsequently I had a letter saying they had cancelled my order and just thought 'oh well, forget it.'

This morning I had a delivery when I wasn't expecting anything-it was the Hydra floral set. About an hour later, I got a 'phone call from the CEO office. She apologised for the whole issue, said that what I was told in my email WAS rubbish and is not what happens, they simply had overestimated how much stock they had of the item and had to ask Decleor for more to fulfill those orders that had been placed. She still couldn't answer why my friend's went out first, but said most deffinitely they didn't give out stcok according to when a card clears-they had got the stock levels wrong, which is what I thought all along. She said that she has passed down to the trainers that the email response was inaccurate, insulting to a customer and should never happen again. To end the converstaion, she said as a goodwill gesture, they are refunding me for the whole item:grin:

I am very happy about that,obviously!!

I posted my annoyance a couple of weeks ago, about the decleor Hydra floral home and away set, that was free p&p and was virtually a buy one, get one free. My friend ordered some time after me,once it had gone to limited stock. Subsequently, hers was dispatched, but my mine went to 'awaiting stock'. I emailed about this as I was pretty annoyed-and had an email back, saying that her card must have debited faster than mine, and the practice is to send out first to the ones who's credit card clears quickest. I was really shocked, and emailed back asking about Trading standards and other sellling regulations and asked for my complaint to be sent to the CEO. Subsequently I had a letter saying they had cancelled my order and just thought 'oh well, forget it.'

This morning I had a delivery when I wasn't expecting anything-it was the Hydra floral set. About an hour later, I got a 'phone call from the CEO office. She apologised for the whole issue, said that what I was told in my email WAS rubbish and is not what happens, they simply had overestimated how much stock they had of the item and had to ask Decleor for more to fulfill those orders that had been placed. She still couldn't answer why my friend's went out first, but said most deffinitely they didn't give out stcok according to when a card clears-they had got the stock levels wrong, which is what I thought all along. She said that she has passed down to the trainers that the email response was inaccurate, insulting to a customer and should never happen again. To end the converstaion, she said as a goodwill gesture, they are refunding me for the whole item:grin:

I am very happy about that,obviously!!

I should think so, too!! Well done for having the gall to challenge them on this - I, not wanting the hassle, would probably have just simpered silently for a few days and then let it go, which isn't the way to bring about change.

:up:

Calling SuziQ or anyone who might know!

Could anyone tell me the name of the CEO as I feel a strong letter coming on. I'll post the details once I've got some sort of resolution; but in brief QVC investigated a lost item but pursued the wrong item in April; since then I've been:headbang: banging my head aganst a brick wall and my last 2 email (perfectly polite I might add) have been ignored and I'm p'ed off! :mysmilie_503: :mysmilie_461: :mysmilie_455: :mysmilie_51:

Thanks in advance

Jude xx

Calling SuziQ or anyone who might know!

Could anyone tell me the name of the CEO as I feel a strong letter coming on. I'll post the details once I've got some sort of resolution; but in brief QVC investigated a lost item but pursued the wrong item in April; since then I've been:headbang: banging my head aganst a brick wall and my last 2 email (perfectly polite I might add) have been ignored and I'm p'ed off! :mysmilie_503: :mysmilie_461: :mysmilie_455: :mysmilie_51:

Thanks in advance

Jude xx

Not sure how up to date the CEO is but internet search brought this up: CEO Mark Suckle, address:
Chief Executive Office
QVC
Customer Operations Centre
Liverpool
L70 2QA

There is also this:http://www.4rfv.co.uk/brieflisting.asp?scategory=48&company=9473 with slightly different address. Hope it helps.

Not sure how up to date the CEO is but internet search brought this up: CEO Mark Suckle, address:
Chief Executive Office
QVC
Customer Operations Centre
Liverpool
L70 2QA

There is also this:http://www.4rfv.co.uk/brieflisting.asp?scategory=48&company=9473 with slightly different address. Hope it helps.

Ups! I stand corrected, further search brought this up:

Dermot Boyd, QVC UK chief executive, praised the Knowsley operation for improvements which saw a big fall in phone calls dealing with customer queries, rather than sales calls.

He said: "The retail environment was certainly challenging in the first half of 2009.

"However, our focus on outstanding customer service led to a growth in sales from our active customer base and a dramatic reduction in customer service calls.

"The outcome was that the second half exceeded our expectations."

Mr Boyd was previously chief operating officerChief Operating Officer (COO)

The officer of a firm responsible for day-to-day management, usually the president or an executive vice-president.
..... Click the link for more information. and chief financial officer and replaced previous chief executive Steve Hofmann at the start of 2010.

So it appears that his name is Dermot Boyd and he is the new CEO.

Thank you for your sleuthing Galaxy, much appreciated. I'll have a chilled evening and then write my letter tomorrow; if they haven't replied to my latest email by 3pm it'll go in the post !

Jude xx

It was a lady that rang me 'from the CEO office' so obviously not the CEO who you have found is a bloke! Unfortunately I didn't remember her name after the shock of her saying I was being given the items free!! There CS seems to vary between excellent and appaling-it's no way to run a company really. My first run-in with bad CS was when we purchased a dreadful Iqon pc a few years ago, which immediately went wrong plus bits fell off it. To add insult to unjury, we were running a business at the time, and the PC was in the office. We had a new client in one day, and as we were booting up, a message came up on the desk top saying something about the microsoft office not being genuine-it had come pre-installed. We could get no answer about this, for months tried to get the machine looked at (we were put onto this little office in Ireland where the remaining few repair people were-apparently Iqon went bust as a result of the TSV being so problematic) we were threatened with debt collection, court etc even though I wrote endless letters stating the machine wasn't fit for purpose, we had reported so within 30 days and also we had an issue with the software. After some mammoth phone calls where I muttered the magic words 'trading standards', suddently I got a phone call from the CEO office, many apologies, and all the money paid so far refunded upfront prior to them collecting the machine. The final kick though: they had originally messed up delivery and we waited almost 3 weeks for the machine. As compensation, they gave us a Belkin surge protector socket thingy, which was on the website for around £30. They insisted we return that, even though it had been given in compensation for keeping us waiting for a delivery. I thought that was REALLY petty, especially given the fact it probably ended up in an outlet shop somewh!

Well done, was the lady who rang you called Gill by and chance?

Just in the nick of time I had a phone call today and they're refunding the whole amount!

Saved me the cost of a stamp and in case I need it in the future I know the CEOs name, thank you

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back