is it just me?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

coffeeking

Registered Shopper
i have just sat through the hour on NV Perricone with Jill Franks i think it was. lovely dress she had on. but anyway

what struck me was the amount of times she moaned about how products dont work and to give this brand a try, but then came out with a startler when she said she had noticed signs of aging on her skin when she looks in a mirror.

now she must have a dressing room near the beauty god that is alison young - so surely she shud have been recommended products before now by her to prevent this? and so working for QVC she shudnt have them because they have access to these brilliant brands that wortk miracles?

it made me think they really will say anything to get you to buy something.

im tempted to start a notebook and write down when they claim to use somethign and it works, only to say on another show they use another brand for the same problem and that works too.

I will repeat again my mantra.

Nothing that comes out of a pot and sold across a counter or on TV will stop or get rid of wrinkles.

QVC, Allie Young and the other presenters are sales people they are there to sell whatever is on air at that moment.

they are sales assistants, they sell for a living,
they will say anything to make a sale because its their job!

QVC presennters

It's true ... it's the presenters job to 'present' items for sale in their best light and to convince the viewer to purchase them. It's the viewers job not to get too caught up in the moment, think clearly and buy according to your needs, desires and budget which can sometimes be hard to do. I don't expect them to lie but neither do I expect them to say anything negative about the product on offer. They wouldn't be around long if they did.

She's only just looked in the mirror and noticed signs of ageing???
Either her mirrors are dirty or she's seeing something different to me, because to me she's looked like a wrinkled up prune for the best part of this century.

I think they call it "marketing" and " representing the company ethos" in their world

That's funny because in my world it's called b*llocks!! :giggle:

It does make me wonder what Craig lives in because according to him he buys one of everything he sells on QVC!! I think he must have a side wing in Buck House!! Also with the beauty products JR seems to use all the premium brands, does make you wonder just how many faces she has! I will leave the answer for that, to the less tactful of my fellow members!! :cheeky:

Basically they want you to feel like what you're buying this week is fab and will make amazing changes to your 'facial area' but what you buy next week will be even better and can be slotted in to your routine of what you bought this week! It's the notion that they care and want you to be happy but also creating a slight sense of insecurity that what you already have (even if you got it from them) might not actually be the best so you should buy whatever's on now. That way you keep buying and trusting them and believing them and they get away with claiming everything is better than anything else.

Luckily we're cleverer than they think (largely thanks for forums like this) and can see through the bullsh!t...

Tx

As the rate at which you develop wrinkles or look aged is usually down to your genes in the main I'll only consider their marketing ploys now if they start selling jars of genes, but I'd certainly not pay £200+ for those anyway.

Although I've tried a wellknown moisturiser from QVC, which supposedly 'holds back time' it was too rich for my skin, so I've gone back to a cheap (dare I say it?) high street lotion and i plan to grow old gracefully ...... or maybe even disgracefully. :wink2:

Sales people - bring it on, because I'm not listening any more.

You can't beat Ponds.
If face creams work, how come the richest of women all get old and get wrinkles?
I put some cream on when my skin feels a bit dry once in a blue moon and that's it.
My skin's much better than most women my age, so whether it's genetic, or because I haven't spent years trowelling myself in creams and makup I don't know :grin:

Gatineau are the worst on QVC I think, though all the Elemis waffling comes a close second. The moment I here Andrew whatsisname going on about their "patented Youth Molecule" it's time for the off button.

I had a nice Gatineau TSV once that I rather liked, with the gommage and a much lighter (non anti ageing) cream in it, but I'd never pay full price for the stuff, so back to dreaded "high street" uncomplicated creams for me (and my skin's no worse for it!).

As long as women are stupid enough (and sorry, but I really DO think people must be stupid if they believe what's being said) to pay silly money for snake oil, then these irritating presentations are going to continue.

Latest posts

Back