Ode to Glen

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
(with apologies to Jenny Joseph!)

As I am an old man I shall wear purple
With red shoes that don't go, and don't suit me.
I shall spend my pension on cardis and rolled-up jeans
And city shorts, and say we've no money for Birkis.
I shall give fashion advice which is tired
And creep in on shows and alarm viewers with socks in unlikely places
Dress it up or down with my little t-shirt
And holiday in Cornwall in three to five working days
I shall wear my slippers live on air
And pick flowers in Richard Jacksy's garden
And we can talk sh*t forever.

;)

Just caught a bit of him at midnight for TSV. Couldn't stand to listen to same old garbage, so had to turn off AGAIN. I've got so sick of seeing him pop up all the time on what seems like every day this past week.

I dont understand why, for someone who has NOTHING to say, he has to gabble in such an urgent way as if there is simply not enough time to share his vital pearls. Slow down Glen - in your case less is most definitely more.

I saw him yesterday on the Rockport show with Craig (what a twosome) with his awful rolled up trousers spouting sh*te as per usual. Why do they put male presenters on to do female "fashion". I suppose the worst person is the odius Mr. Brook sitting there in his cardi doing Kim & Co etc. What is it with these men and their cardis!!!!

Ooh Glen has been driving me mad today! He has suddenly hit upon a new theme - that if you buy a larger size then, guess what, you can have a looser fit! (Or a 'Sloppy Joe look' as he insists on calling it). Today he is really earning his money ... what with all this radical thinking!
And would someone please tell me what 'buying in to the whole story' means?

I caught Glen at midnight doing the TSV, it was a nice treat - lol

And for once I went to bed earlier than usual instead of sitting watching the telly, so thanks for that Glen for helping me with my sleep x

What's all this "throw it on"? I don't 'throw' my clothes on, like he seems to do with that annoying 'Elvis' collar! Turn it down you idiot!!!

I can't stand him but lets face it he has got the hardest job on QVC trying to sell all the crap they have.

Sorry but he might have been "on trend" in the 80s but i think it's time QVC looked for someone who knows what they are talking about and someone that has good fashion sense!

I really have had enough of Glen, I caught a shot of him on the TSV with Debbie Flint and it really was the Grusome Twosome. They did not gel at all. But worse than that, he was wearing..i cant even bring myself to say it....horrilbe white trousers with white shoes.

And I am supposed to take female fashion advice from a middle aged man with such a bad dress sense he looks like he should be in the circus.??

Its as if he is trying to look Cool in a dad dancing at a disco kind of way.

I blame the heads at QVC, cause they are hiring him to insult us. Hey, he is just taking the money.

Lets face it QVC fashion is cr@p anyway,so turning the TV off is not really a hardship. I just think that it's an insult to the customers to allow an idiot like him to spout such stupid rubbish, and to think that we will fall for it.

I really have had enough of Glen, I caught a shot of him on the TSV with Debbie Flint and it really was the Grusome Twosome. They did not gel at all. But worse than that, he was wearing..i cant even bring myself to say it....horrilbe white trousers with white shoes.

And I am supposed to take female fashion advice from a middle aged man with such a bad dress sense he looks like he should be in the circus.??

Its as if he is trying to look Cool in a dad dancing at a disco kind of way.

I blame myself - a few weeks ago on this forum, I think, I joked that Glen would be doing the Miami Vice thing next! I wish I'd never mentioned it!

I think QVC could save a bit of money and get rid of him. Let the regular female presenters do the fashion shows after all, not only can they model the clothes, they can impart the same "wisdom" Ie tell us you could dress it up, down, cinch it in with a belt, wear high shoes, flat shoes...basically state the bleeding obvious.

I don't know why they don't have a couple of models one wearing it casual, the other dressed up, a bit of "statement" jewellery thrown in.

We really don't need a middle aged man with dubious dress sense to tell us how to wear our clothes!

Whatever we think of a presenter it saddens me to read comments suggesting someone should lose their job. I have nothing more to say on this.

It saddens me a hell of a lot more to think that I'm contributing to his wages!!

Whatever we think of a presenter it saddens me to read comments suggesting someone should lose their job. I have nothing more to say on this.

Absolutely, I'd never wish that on anyone (unless they were endangering people)!
I think Glen could do the job perfectly well (although prefer Genevieve when she does it) if he would just listen to himself sometimes - because some of what he says makes no sense & is just soundbite phrases or blooming obvious. He seems to give the same advice for almost every item, which isn't really much help.

I think they should video Glen in different turned up outfits (collar and trousers oooo and sleeves) in red shoes saying his "catchphrases" - "dress it up ", "dress it down", "city shorts" "cinch with belt" "throw on some statement jewellery" etc and just insert the appropriate clip
- then he wouldn't lose his job,
he wouldn't need to keep rocking up to QVC towers
and they could just pay him repeat fees similar to advert's
And none of the viewers would notice!! (well i wouldn't)

(with apologies to Jenny Joseph!)

As I am an old man I shall wear purple
With red shoes that don't go, and don't suit me.
I shall spend my pension on cardis and rolled-up jeans
And city shorts, and say we've no money for Birkis.
I shall give fashion advice which is tired
And creep in on shows and alarm viewers with socks in unlikely places
Dress it up or down with my little t-shirt
And holiday in Cornwall in three to five working days
I shall wear my slippers live on air
And pick flowers in Richard Jacksy's garden
And we can talk sh*t forever.

;)

Lovin your work Moth! x

can't get away from glen at the moment was watching an old mary queen of shops on the really ch this afternoon was a mens shop with old fashioned clothes who should pop up to give the owners advice on modern fashion? yep our oh so fashionable glen

Latest posts

Back