Mally..what's the verdict?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lemonsqueezy

Nice 'n Easy...
I ordered the all day beauty kit,it looked impressive and I love Mally and her enthusiuasm for what she does.
What a disappointment.
I followed all the instructions as per the booklet and the resulting look was....awful,a cross between Aunt Sally and Lily Savage!!
I just looked over made up,cakey and false..so much so my 19 year old son commented on how I didn't look as nice as usual.
The only thing I liked was the colour of the lipstick!
The hyped up mascara was without doubt the worst I have ever used and a begger to remove.
Tis winging it's way back and I will stick to my beloved Mac with Laura geller bits n bobs thrown in!

Didn't order that particular kit but I've got loads of Mally stuff and love it - including the mascara (it is hard to remove but Alpha H balancing cleanser is able to deal with it!)

I've got very dark hair and eyes and a medium skintone though so I can 'take' quite strong colours, and I have oily skin so I need a long lasting (bullet proof!) make-up otherwise my skin eats it.

Think like anything else it's horses for courses but Mally does seem to be one of those ranges you either love or hate.

I don't have that kit, I have the all day gorgeous kit and have just bought a backup one because I'd hate to run out of anything. I use her foundation which is divine and several other products. The only thing I can't get away with, is her concealer, but I don't really need one as the foundation evens out my skin tone.I love that you need so little of everything too. It's not a particularly cheap range but seems to last forever.
Everything stays put even in this really hot weather and, for the first time ever, I don't need to take a makeup bag with me to touch up when I go out. I'm hooked !
It's such a shame that it doesn't suit you but I don't suit the Laura Gellar range that so many people rave about.....

I had the last TSV which I was very impressed with indeed. Everything looked great and performed well apart from the eyeliner (Artemis has suggested I go for the professional eyeliner system from her range next time - it's on my list :wink: ) which simply will not stay put. They eyeshadows were crease free and the concealer system was the best I've used. On the whole, very impressed with the range and Mally herself.

I bought the 'Must Haves' kit (http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.229474 ) a while back and I'm pleased with the results so far, especially the mascara. I've always had trouble finding a truly waterproof mascara and this one comes a very close second to the Bare Escentuals Big Tease Mascara.

I've been wondering if Mally is the natural successor to Stacey on QVC- both women are vivacious, energetic and not afraid to speak their minds?

I bought the 'Must Haves' kit (http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.229474 ) a while back and I'm pleased with the results so far, especially the mascara. I've always had trouble finding a truly waterproof mascara and this one comes a very close second to the Bare Escentuals Big Tease Mascara.

I've been wondering if Mally is the natural successor to Stacey on QVC- both women are vivacious, energetic and not afraid to speak their minds?

I like Mally,too. I noticed how she makes the model Amika(sp?) look so fresh and pretty when she is modelling for her, while she didn't always manage to look like that with Stacey's make up.

I also think Mally slots in very nicely as a natural successor to Stacy on QVC, but with an added bonus for them as they bought Mally's brand and now it's QVC's own:)cash::cash:)

I bought the Must Have kit and loved it so much I invested in the Smokey Eyes kit too. I find the mascara excellent - doesn't need slow building, and stays on even when my eyes are running (hayfever). The eyeshadows stay on forever too. I've given away every Laura Gellar thing I've ever bought - somehow, it just doesn't work for me.

Hmm interesting.
Sounds like I am in a minority on this one!!!
I honestly found the mascara to be truly awful.Oh well :nod:

Did anyone else order the Mally Luminiser £17.12 plus £2.95 p&p item 220038? Mine's just arrived and I'm completely underwhelmed. I just went to see whether anyone had left a review but there aren't any yet. Is anyone having any success with this?

It's a cream highlighter but is supplied with a double-ended brush which doesn't seem to pick up the product at all. It's more like powder brush and I'd expect something firmer like a taklon brush for a cream/gel. Pay-off is equally poor so in the end I poked my finger in and ofcourse that's too much pay-off and looked like a snail-trail on my skin. What a shame, I hate it when a product lets you down; oh well back it goes.

Jude xx

Did anyone else order the Mally Luminiser £17.12 plus £2.95 p&p item 220038? Mine's just arrived and I'm completely underwhelmed. I just went to see whether anyone had left a review but there aren't any yet. Is anyone having any success with this?

It's a cream highlighter but is supplied with a double-ended brush which doesn't seem to pick up the product at all. It's more like powder brush and I'd expect something firmer like a taklon brush for a cream/gel. Pay-off is equally poor so in the end I poked my finger in and ofcourse that's too much pay-off and looked like a snail-trail on my skin. What a shame, I hate it when a product lets you down; oh well back it goes.

Jude xx

Hi Jude

I went on Waitlist for this & was most surprised when it turned up yesterday! made me slightly suspicious of it being a return - no signs of use though.

I only tested it briefly but I'm not too impressed either, the big end (!) of the brush doesn't really pick anything up, the little brush is ok but only suitable for small areas ie under the brow and corner of the eyes, but my initial impressions are it's a bit too sparkly for me.

I will test it again a few more times and see if I can get to grips with it but got a feeling mine might go back too, as it's fairly expensive for what it is as well.

I've got the shimmer shape and glow palette which has a highlighting element which I'm already happy with, and as you say, there are loads of highlighters in my make up mountain which work better than this and are less silvery. It's parcelled up and ready to go back...another 3 quid in postage wasted :wonder:

Jude xx

My first ever Mally purchase was the "must have" kit a month or two back ...I love the eye primer and it also doubles well as a concealer on my broken capillaries - wish it was sold as a stand-alone item. Don't get on with the mascara, I hated the lip gloss, and I can't seem to get on with the eyeliner either! Oh well....but I love Mally herself, she's a breath of fresh air.

Latest posts

Back