Are QVC discontinuing A'kin???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gemster

Registered Shopper
there are only 8 items on the website, hardly any of them have photos, and there have been no shows/demo's for ages.

Has anyone heard anything about QVC no longer selling the range?

It's easy enough to get hold of from other websites fortunately, but still think it's a shame as you could get some good value sets on QVC, plus it was a refreshing change from all the same old same old (Decleor, Elemis, Gatineau, LE etc).

And it was so popular, always got 5 star reviews and people demanding a TSV so seems strange they would get rid. Wonder if any of the brands mentioned above had any influence as it might have stolen some of their custom, a lot of reviewers said that they changed from LE and Decleor in particular & preferred A'kin & thought it was much better value for money :wonder:

Oooooh I hope not!

I've just got a little kit with the cleanser, rosehip oil, moisturiser and a make up bag and I love it!

Will definatley buy again, normally use LE, but am really liking this brand.

X

Oooooh I hope not!

I've just got a little kit with the cleanser, rosehip oil, moisturiser and a make up bag and I love it!

Will definatley buy again, normally use LE, but am really liking this brand.

X

I bought the same little kit a week or so ago Mrs Rosie with my 3 x EP voucher. I hadn't bought anything for ages but A'kin is one of the ranges I would go back for more of. My skin feels great.

I bought the same little kit a week or so ago Mrs Rosie with my 3 x EP voucher. I hadn't bought anything for ages but A'kin is one of the ranges I would go back for more of. My skin feels great.

Snap! Got mine with me 3 pay code too lol

I would love a TSV as I really do like it, fingers crossed it doesn't go.

X

I've got that little kit too for travelling, it's great! & I absolutely love the rosehip oil :heart:

But remember when I first bought A'kin from QVC (towards the end of 2009 I think?) there was loads more stuff, I got a couple of great kits one with the Rose Hydrating mist and one with a Lavender brightening mist - now nowhere to be seen :sad:

And I'm sure there used to be 20 plus items on the website and they had shows fairly regularly. Can't remember the last time it was shown even as part of a beauty show never mind having it's own hour, and it hasn't been mentioned at all in these Beauty awards malarkey even though it consistently got 5 star reviews.

Even if it isn't going it's still such a shame QVC don't seem bothered about promoting the range very much, I really do wonder if the likes of LE, Decleor etc got a bit disgruntled about the competition??

I've got that little kit too for travelling, it's great! & I absolutely love the rosehip oil :heart:

But remember when I first bought A'kin from QVC (towards the end of 2009 I think?) there was loads more stuff, I got a couple of great kits one with the Rose Hydrating mist and one with a Lavender brightening mist - now nowhere to be seen :sad:

And I'm sure there used to be 20 plus items on the website and they had shows fairly regularly. Can't remember the last time it was shown even as part of a beauty show never mind having it's own hour, and it hasn't been mentioned at all in these Beauty awards malarkey even though it consistently got 5 star reviews.

Even if it isn't going it's still such a shame QVC don't seem bothered about promoting the range very much, I really do wonder if the likes of LE, Decleor etc got a bit disgruntled about the competition??

I don't think QVC cares much if A'kin's popularity is overshadowing the likes of LE or Decleor (none of which are QVC owned brands, like for ex. northern nights or cooks essentials are). All they care about is how much profit they can squeeze out of any given brand/range.

I suspect that if they are winding down with A'kin, most probably is due to the fact that they can't secure (buy) the products at a rock bottom price (that obviously means QVC's cut is not going to be as healthy as they would have liked). I also suspect that might be due to the fact that A'kin is expanding quite well on their own with plenty of other retailers across the country and on the internet, so perhaps they are a lot more confident now and don't want to give in to QVC's buyers pressure.

If QVC are not making as much profit for an allotted A'kin hour, as they might be able to do from let's say Prai, or another new brand, then they are going to drop A'kin like a hot potato.

I have to agree that it looks like A’kin is really on its way out, which is a shame as it’s a nice brand with hard working pure products. But I am sure QVC won't dwell on it for too long and will no doubt soon manage to brain wash us into thinking that we can't possibly afford to miss out on their next new x,y,z skincare range, which will no doubt solve all our skincare problems and make us look at least 15 years younger....not really, as sadly we all find out at the end!:doh:

Never used the brand, but know so many on st.com love it.

As Gemster says, QVC drop without a hint many brands over the years. Some left themselves such as Aveda and Molton Brown, others we are not sure of?

The thing is long ago, I am talking back in the 90s and early 00s many people did not have the internet and did not know you could find sites selling the brands sold on QVC. Now of course there still are many who do not have computers but thousands upon thousands do and can shop around and get better deals than QVC offer. With shipping charges usually its only the TSVs which are the really good deals now. Of if a brand makes a special item or colour for QVC, which is usually QVC US as their market is so much bigger.

It would be a shame if they did drop it - it's one of the acest brands ever. But, it can be bought much cheaper elsewhere and the CS at places like MyPure is much better than QVC.

I used my last Easy Pay code to stock up on the Cellular Radiance serum which I am loving at the moment, it's beautiful. But when I looked the website seemed to be depleted of a lot of things.

It's a great brand, but Le Q seem to have no scruples as to what they pick up/drop - the brand seems to have a lot of 5 star ratings for it's range, whereas others consistently score low but keep reappearing. Strange.

Never thought it could be A'kin themselves that don't need QVC any more but that's a very good point as it is widely available on other internet sites and I think in some health shops now as well??

Unlike other brands I did think the kits offered by QVC were good value for money even with the P&P - probably one of the reasons it was so popular!

But I guess A'kin have acheived their goal by introducing the brand to a wider range of customers (I had never heard of it and even if I had come across it would never have thought to try it without QVC!)

But well done to them for taking a strong stance with QVC if that's what they've done.

And I still reckon some of the other big brands might have been a bit peed off with A'kins success!

I love A'kin products...it is one of my finds thanks to ST.com (and in particular Love A'Kin who helped with her reviews and recommendations). It is a gorgeous range and anyone nervous of a new range who has not tried it yet, I really recommend giving it a go...as for QVC, if they drop the range, then it will be their loss....I have found A'Kin to be a much better range than a lot of the Elemis range, almost all of the Liz Earle range and others...

Aw, I really hope they don't discontinue A'kin. I usually buy from mypure.co.uk but I like some of the kits on QVC (in fact I legged it over there when I read this and picked up the three piece set in the pink bag as it's such good value!). My mother loves it too and I get her stuff from QVC and have it sent straight to Ireland which is very handy.

I do notice that when AY is presenting she does the range down somewhat (same as she does with LE I think) probably because it's not prestigeeeeeeeeeeeeejus and full of boll*x sounding ingreeeeeeeejunts like 'youth molecule' LOL!! It's a very simple range which (I think) does what it promises and has made my skin look better than ever. But it's not aspirational, expensive etc so maybe that's not the way QVC are going at the moment??

As long as we can get it elsewhere then ultimately it's QVC's loss...

Tx

PS ironically this range is more expensive in OZ where it's made than in the UK! I was going to stock up when I was over but it was cheaper to wait until I got home!!

Latest posts

Back