Tefal Actifry Design Fault

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Really am surprised at Tefal, as I rate their stuff highly. But I would not give the Actifry house room, esp as I've been told of this fault. Any item that can catch fire or produce smoke is dangerous and should be taken off the market. Plus 3/4 of an hour to make chips ? No way, I have a sealed deep fat fryer that can make chips etc in a fraction of the time. To me this product is no safer than the old chip pans that used lard etc. Tefal should take it off the market until the problem has been resolved.PLus IW should stop selling it.

the old chip pans that used lard

Mmmm lard :7:

I used mine last night and watched it like a hawk, I was dissapointed that it didn't burst into flames.... it was bonfire night, afterall.

BTW, I bought mine from Makro for £99.99 and their returns policy is second to none - I feel I'm in safe hands :)

Really am surprised at Tefal, as I rate their stuff highly. But I would not give the Actifry house room, esp as I've been told of this fault. Any item that can catch fire or produce smoke is dangerous and should be taken off the market. Plus 3/4 of an hour to make chips ? No way, I have a sealed deep fat fryer that can make chips etc in a fraction of the time. To me this product is no safer than the old chip pans that used lard etc. Tefal should take it off the market until the problem has been resolved.PLus IW should stop selling it.

hi i understand when you say 3/4 hours to make chips and youd rather use a deep fat fryer, the point is they are virtually fat free chips and in a deep fat fryer they defo arent fat free. Ill still take my chances with the actifry i love it

Andy's just bleating on about what a good brand Tefal is he's not going to mention it,pretty poor when there's a known safety concern.Strangly enough now he's saying how safe it is compared to a chip pan.

Latest posts

Back