New Presenter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I managed about 20 seconds of her before tootling off to Rocks where Alan was presenting, thank gawd.
Well, if SB feels this is the best way for Gems to be represented, he's sadly lacking in his idea of what the audience wants. Completely unwatchable, with a ****** awful presentation 'style', loud, common, and an immediate switch off. Great way to lose sales, Steve, well done.

I just turned over to gems TV and was totally gob smacked to see Vicky Norris (nee Burton).

What is going on in that woman's head?

She starts at gems tv, beggers off to start up rocksandco with the Diniz family, and takes some of the gems tv presenters with her. Then she decides to run off to USA with hubby in tow, and now she is at gems telly as a lowly presenter back where she began.

Words almost fail me. I was glad to see John Scott back on rocksandco, but to see Vicki B on gems telly is very strange. What will she do next? Move to TJC? Move back to USA? Move back to rocksandco? The opportunities to confuse us all are endless :-(

I don't find her any less watchable than the majority of the presenters on Gems, but I know nothing about any background information, i.e. how she treated Steve Ashton. As for the dodgy sales patter, they are all up to that, I can think of countless examples from every presenter (maybe not Alan, Puss!).
I do know that back in 'the good old days' on Gems, after a session of Steve Bennett presenting, Victoria Burton (as she was then) took over and just before he handed over to her, Steve said how enormously sales peaked whenever she was the presenter. Maybe that's why he's asked her back.
Am off on my hols on Saturday, but will be very interested to see how this develops when I get back. It's great catching up.

I just turned over to gems TV and was totally gob smacked to see Vicky Norris (nee Burton).

What is going on in that woman's head?

She starts at gems tv, beggers off to start up rocksandco with the Diniz family, and takes some of the gems tv presenters with her. Then she decides to run off to USA with hubby in tow, and now she is at gems telly as a lowly presenter back where she began.

Words almost fail me. I was glad to see John Scott back on rocksandco, but to see Vicki B on gems telly is very strange. What will she do next? Move to TJC? Move back to USA? Move back to rocksandco? The opportunities to confuse us all are endless :-(

Well let's hope she choses to move back to oblivion or move back to Timbucktoo? Those are preferable moves! :wink:

I must admit I've always like Victoria, I think she is an excellent presenter and very watchable, one of the better ones. I can't see what's wrong with looking a bit glamorous for that sort of job. I don't find her any more or less "trustworthy" than any of the presenters - plenty of them have swapped between channels. And no, I'm not a plant.

I must admit I've always like Victoria, I think she is an excellent presenter and very watchable, one of the better ones. I can't see what's wrong with looking a bit glamorous for that sort of job. I don't find her any more or less "trustworthy" than any of the presenters - plenty of them have swapped between channels. And no, I'm not a plant.

It would be a terrible place if we all felt the same about things. Personally I find Mrs Norris very false. The overdone fake tan, heavy makeup, false nails, low tops etc do absolutely nothing for me. I don't find her glamorous at all, I'm afraid for me she leans more towards cheap and tarty rather than glamorous. However, each to their own.

I'd love it if the presenters looked glamorous, unfortunately, their ideas of glamour don't coincide with mine. Glamour to some of the females presenting on Gems seems to mean emulating Danny La Rue in his heyday, and to others it means looking hard and brittle, with so much fakery in the form of overdone spray tans, 3 inches of make-up, and the worst acrylic nails I've ever seen.

Credit where it's due, though, I do think that Rae is an attractive lady and she looks good when she goes down the glamour route. There's a teensy bit of the Keeley Hawes about her, and she has a very appealing smile. Also, albeit over on the sister channel, much as I abhor her presentations, Carol looks good a lot of the time, and Emma has lovely hair. And Sarah's hair looks fab with the new style.

Last edited:
And no, I'm not a plant.

goodness gracious how dramatic that sounds or perhaps just botanical .....wouldnt have entered my head that it could be so.... in either case - after all - all opinions are welcome :cheeky:

however, i may pass opinion and I am not a plant, i dont think......

EEEEEK! less boob is better - more focus on the gem - after all thats what we are buying....again, I may be naive, misguided or just plain from a different species?

14.gif
coo-ee! xxxxxxxxx

Have been watching Alan on Rocks, and just turned over to Gems where the latest addition to the ranks, or the oldest addition to the ranks, depending upon how you view the situation, is presenting a Christmas Madness show which she is referring to as a 'clearance special with phenomenal clearance prices'. Now, admittedly, I only managed to watch for a few minutes, but during those minutes, the items auctioned went to exactly the same price they always do. What a ****** con, and a fine way to treat loyal customers. Good way to test their loyalty, though...

It would be a terrible place if we all felt the same about things. Personally I find Mrs Norris very false. The overdone fake tan, heavy makeup, false nails, low tops etc do absolutely nothing for me. I don't find her glamorous at all, I'm afraid for me she leans more towards cheap and tarty rather than glamorous. However, each to their own.

I so agree with you Klos and Puss that many of the female presenters wear too much make-up, awful, awful acrylic nails and I'm very glad to read I'm not the only one who doesn't like watching boobs hanging out all over the desk! I've never seen Liv and Fi with their chests out and they have decent nails and don't shout, but even Rae the other day had her cleavage on display and it didn't leave much to the imagination.
I'm sure the majority of watchers/buyers are female, so why on earth do they think that the blow-up doll look is a good one?

do any of you ladies read what you write before you post? its easy to hide behind a screen and be so unkind about another human being. I'm sure that if she was ever unfortunate enough to meet you, you would be as nice as pie to her face? Blow up doll? that is horrid! do you have children? would you let them talk about other people in the way you do? your all mean ladies.

i couldnt see any flesh last night wasn't she wearing a white dress? I think blow up doll is harsh?

I am glad to see Vicky back on Gems , I think she is a pretty ,fun and bubbly person.

do any of you ladies read what you write before you post? its easy to hide behind a screen and be so unkind about another human being. I'm sure that if she was ever unfortunate enough to meet you, you would be as nice as pie to her face? Blow up doll? that is horrid! do you have children? would you let them talk about other people in the way you do? your all mean ladies.

I am glad to see Vicky back on Gems , I think she is a pretty ,fun and bubbly person.

Hello Niffy. Yes I always read my posts back before submitting them. I have never met Victoria Norris and have no wish to do so, however if I ever bumped into her I certainly wouldn't be "as nice as pie" to her! I wouldn't speak to her as I have no interest in the woman and really don't think she'd be on the same wavelength as me. As I've said many times, if these people want to have a job as a TV sales assistant as opposed to working as a shop assistant, then they are putting themselves in front of an audience and they know full well that everyone in the media is subject to feedback/criticism. They come into our homes to try to sell to us so if we dislike their appearance, manner or sales technique then obviously we are going to make comment before turning the channel.

With regards to the blow up doll comment, I can see where Jacqualina is coming from but I think the perfect example of a blow up doll isn't actually VBN but is another former Gems TV and Rocks & Co presenter called Caroline Lyndsay but that was mainly down to her fake looks of astonishment which made her mouth exactly the same shape as a blow up doll - I won't go into more detail here!
Re your other question - No I don't have children but if I did I would encourage them to be open and honest just like mum.

I'm very pleased you are glad to see Vicky back, everyone to their own and at least now she has one fan.

Re your other question - No I don't have children but if I did I would encourage them to be open and honest just like mum.

probably a good thing then, if you think you speak openly and honestl. Looking at some of the comment written on this forum i think it comes across as bullying. The comments arent as you said "feedback or criticisim" they are are personel and unkind! If i over heard my child speaking like you do id be mortified at the awfull job of parenting id done.

I'm sorry if I upset you niffy, not my intention, but my comments weren't specifically aimed at VB or VN as she is now. They were aimed at any of the presenters who are over made-up, wear huge paddles of false nails and choose to show off their baps to all and sundry at 8.00 am in the morning.
To answer your other question, yes I do have children and they wouldn't dream of being seen in the get up I've just described above and neither would I for that matter.
The 'blow up doll look' was just a throw away comment and also referred (as Klos pointed out) to the feigned expressions of surprise as the prices drop.
I really don't think I'd mind any of the presenters if they toned everything down, in fact it would make them a pleasure to watch. It is entirely their own choice how they present and how they choose to appear on our screens, I just happen not to like some of it.

probably a good thing then, if you think you speak openly and honestl. Looking at some of the comment written on this forum i think it comes across as bullying. The comments arent as you said "feedback or criticisim" they are are personel and unkind! If i over heard my child speaking like you do id be mortified at the awfull job of parenting id done.

Norris is in the public domain and therefore she is open to criticism and or feedback - good and bad. If she (or you) don't like it then that's just too bad. You can think it's bullying but then I guess you'd think journalism was too?

Facts (not feedback or criticism):

- She has little integrity ie is happy to backstab the competition and make those who have purchased from them feel like they have purchased inferior goods - even though they were good enough to pay her wages in the past.

- She dresses inappropriately for daytime shopping viewing. On occasion, her attire would have been better placed on an adult only channel.

I'd suggest, since this is only your 4th post on this forum and all are defending Norris and criticising posters on here that the balance of probability is that you, like the other deleted poster who sprung to her defence on this post, is a plant. Who cares. At the end of the day if Norris or her lackies have to employ or ask others to defend her then really it's a sad state of affairs. Instead, perhaps, she should take a long hard look at herself and her scruples and wonder why she's generally disliked on this forum.

Just to be clear - I have read this post back and I'm happy to stand by my comments and my spelling. Just as a matter of interest do you read yours?

Latest posts

Back