In the kitchen tsv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see that on the QVC.COM website, reviews of this product are not good.
Because the edge has serrations it cannot be sharpened and a few people have complained that after a few weeks they go blunt?

Product code is K16522 $29.76.
Made in China?

Last edited:
I see that on the QVC.COM website, reviews of this product are not good.
Because the edge has serrations it cannot be sharpened and a few people have complained that after a few weeks they go blunt?

:thanks: Themroc, just saved me from buying them.

The only fault I have with the knife I already have is that it comes packaged in a box.

I would prefer if it had a protective plastic sleeve so that I could keep it in a drawer.

It's so sharp, I wouldn't dare keep it in a drawer unprotected :eek:

I might invest in a magnetic knife holder if I go for the TSV too:D

Have just watched the presentation and Julian mentioned that it does come with a plastic cover.

Also Malcolm demonstrated sharpening it with a diamond steel.

Have just watched the presentation and Julian mentioned that it does come with a plastic cover.

Also Malcolm demonstrated sharpening it with a diamond steel.

:thanks: Chess

I've decided not to go for them though - the big one is the same as the one I already have (only with serrated edges on one side) - I really don't need 2 almost the same :D

Have ordered them - too tempted by the promise of a knife that'll cut turnip!!!

I went for the 7" chefs knife couldn't resist,high carbon content Japanese stainless should be A1 if it isn't it will go back.Will report when i've tried it but i don't expect it to be anything but superb :D

going off the thread a bit, is it me or does anyone else find the trailer advert for In the kitchen extremely irritating, using "homes under the hammer" jingle" and esp when he starts playing drums on the saucepans!:mad:

It's not as bad as the homo erotic DIY trailer with Orlando and his folically challenged eeerm friend.Oooo it's spurting on me Orlando..."friendly" hand on shoulder...don't worry mate i will sort it with me big tool :cool:

Last edited:
I've gone for them too - new school year resolution is to cook more from scratch so these boyos might give me the impetus I need to attack the veg!

I went for the 7" chefs knife couldn't resist,high carbon content Japanese stainless should be A1 if it isn't it will go back.Will report when i've tried it but i don't expect it to be anything but superb :D

:rolleyes:

Well it just arrived very good delivery time i think got this inside the box ? do they know i'm a moaning sod ? :D

Anyway it's a lovely knife could shave with it if i wanted,diced an onion,got to use it now :cool: and a couple of carrots,dog got those,the knife has a lovely feel to it nice wide blade for squishing garlic etc think i'm going to be happy with this :)

Mine came this morning as well,havent tried them yet though.Look good,glad Ive got a magnetic knife holder for them though,much safer.:)

...did anyone try the technique one that was a try-me a while back?
I did :( I sent it back because it was pee-poor at slicing my home-made bread - it had to crush it before managing a cut to get started. I had noticed that Malcolm got the same result in his demo but stupidly I bought it anyway, thinking "my bread's not as soft as theirs". In the TSV presentation the oriental fella cut French bread quite easily - but the TSV's blade has serration, which the Try-Me's doesn't, it has a 'wavy' edge... and French bread is a different animal anyway.

Also, I really need a blade with protection at the handle end, where the blade thickens and rounds off like you get with a Wusthof and other high-end trad brands.

clemenzina

Latest posts

Back