Sarah B kindly emailed me twice re the New Website!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Honestly? It wouldn't bother me. They are all one company now - it's not like a company has gone into liquidation. They've got the same owners, the same people working across the businesses so the only change is that RocksTV have ceased broadcasting. I would assume that at their end they would have kept a copy of the order system live so they can ensure all outstanding orders were shipped and refunds made.

If somebody clicks on the RocksTV URL you automatically open up the new GemsTV website. For people that are concerned, if they scroll down to the bottom you can see that it's still trading as Coloured Rocks (i.e. definitely hasn't gone into liquidation) and for somebody not on this forum so completely oblivious as to what's happened, they could phone up to find out I guess. I know it's unsatisfactory but I seriously wouldn't worry about money spent with RocksTV.

Last edited:
I still think they should treat us like grown ups and just give us one fixed price, just like QVC do, and they do OK.

By doing it the way they do it is open to so many questions, for example why the start price, how much am I saving in this so called sale, or are they really selling 50 or 60 of an item when they claim there is 4 for sale to create a buzz? I am not saying they do these things but but having sales that they do, it opens it up to debate.

When Rocks and indeed Rocks & Co first launched it was pre recorded but just fixed price selling and I loved it much better :)

PJ

Yaz, like Meeshoo I wouldn't hesitate buying from Gems, but then I haven't bought for well over a year and have no intention of buying unless of course they tempt me with bling that I just have to have :wonder: :wink:

If the good old days of rocks came back I sure would start adding to my basket :blush:

I still think they should treat us like grown ups and just give us one fixed price, just like QVC do, and they do OK.

By doing it the way they do it is open to so many questions, for example why the start price, how much am I saving in this so called sale, or are they really selling 50 or 60 of an item when they claim there is 4 for sale to create a buzz? I am not saying they do these things but but having sales that they do, it opens it up to debate.

When Rocks and indeed Rocks & Co first launched it was pre recorded but just fixed price selling and I loved it much better :)

PJ

Or like TJC where they drop and tell you thats it! Buy it or move on :nod:

Here is a question that no-one has asked, probably for fear of being shot down in a hail of bullets. It is a fair question and one that does need asking imho:

knowing that you went to bed and RocksTV was there but it was gone in the moring, with no mass customer email or sticky closed thread on here. That they still have not done that (I checked my email).
How safe do you feel spending your money with them at the moment?

I am sorry if that question offends anyone but I think it is a fair question and one that needs asking given the current lack of customer relations.

All last week RocksTV was only broadcasting a repeat video by Steve Bennett who clearly explained what changes were happening and when. I believe they may even have stopped selling before Xmas? There was no overnight sudden cut-off to confuse cutomers, new or old!

As to fixed price auctions, how boring was that when Rocks & Co started up.......two presenters rabbiting on about one item for ten minutes.We all moaned like h*ll and they soon changed the format to a falling price one.

GemsTV setup is still based on the old 'Snatch It' format and end prices have historically generally varied from one auction to another as you were always competing against other players, hence the 'game' factor. At least we are now not competing against that ruddy clock!

Last edited:
I've just received the following general email, addressed to all RocksTV customers:-

A big hello to all of our valued Rocks TV customers!

Firstly can we take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy New Year and we hope you had a fun and restful festive season.

As many of you know we have a very exciting year ahead of us here at the Coloured Rocks company, and as many of you will already have seen Rocks TV has now changed its name to Gems TV Xtra.

The studio has had a re-fit, there are new graphics and music and there will be lots of new, exciting themed shows coming your way with (as always) fabulous jewellery at great low prices.

For those of you who may not have found us on our new home yet, we have moved to channel 656 and you can now find us on www.gems.tv/extra/auction.aspx.

Please can we also take this opportunity to reassure all of our valued Rocks TV customers that all the normal guarantees/price pledges remain in place on any Rocks TV jewellery you may have purchased. We are still the same family business with the same team of presenters, we have just re-grouped our channels to be under one brand and therefore one website.

As always if you have any questions or queries please feel free to contact us on 0845 5050656 or email [email protected]

We wish you all a fabulous and prosperous 2011 and hope you will continue to buy with confidence from us here at Gems TV Xtra.

Best Regards,

Steve, Sarah and John Bennett

As to fixed price auctions, how boring was that when Rocks & Co started up.......two presenters rabbiting on about one item for ten minutes.We all moaned like h*ll and they soon changed the format to a falling price one.

Couldn't agree more Sacha!

It's not about treating us as adults - it's about finding a format that works for the majority. I've seen both and whilst I thought I would prefer fixed auctions, actually, like you say, they were dreadful.

Meeshoo you beat me to it! I just came on post the same :giggle:

I guess all of us (on rocks list) will have got this e-mail :up:

All last week RocksTV was only broadcasting a repeat video by Steve Bennett who clearly explained what changes were happening and when. I believe they may even have stopped selling before Xmas? There was no overnight sudden cut-off to confuse cutomers, new or old!

GemsTV setup is still based on the old 'Snatch It' format and end prices have historically generally varied from one auction to another as you were always competing against other players, hence the 'game' factor. At least we are now not competing against that ruddy clock!

This was only on the Sky channel, it wasn't on the web, if you went to www.rocks.tv it took you to the Gems website so people who don't have Sky and rely solely on the web could have been a bit confused.

I just don't think that it is fair that you could pay more or less than the person who purchased the same things a month before. I guess I meant treated like adults as I know they start at a higher price to make the actual price look better and I thought most people can see right through that.

I don't think they did anything wrong with regards to the name change, as others have said it has just changed it's name nothing more than that and they did have a week of announcing this on 647.

PJ

No-one is "shooting the messenger" what Jasper and others are saying is that Rocks/Gems as a company should have sent out a mass e-mail to all customers explaining the changes that were about to take place.

I've just received the following general email, addressed to all RocksTV customers:-

A big hello to all of our valued Rocks TV customers!

Firstly can we take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy New Year and we hope you had a fun and restful festive season.

As many of you know we have a very exciting year ahead of us here at the Coloured Rocks company, and as many of you will already have seen Rocks TV has now changed its name to Gems TV Xtra.

The studio has had a re-fit, there are new graphics and music and there will be lots of new, exciting themed shows coming your way with (as always) fabulous jewellery at great low prices.

For those of you who may not have found us on our new home yet, we have moved to channel 656 and you can now find us on www.gems.tv/extra/auction.aspx.

Please can we also take this opportunity to reassure all of our valued Rocks TV customers that all the normal guarantees/price pledges remain in place on any Rocks TV jewellery you may have purchased. We are still the same family business with the same team of presenters, we have just re-grouped our channels to be under one brand and therefore one website.

As always if you have any questions or queries please feel free to contact us on 0845 5050656 or email [email protected]

We wish you all a fabulous and prosperous 2011 and hope you will continue to buy with confidence from us here at Gems TV Xtra.

Best Regards,

Steve, Sarah and John Bennett

Hi Meesho you posted here and I posted it in a new thread, my apologies for the double post,I didn't know you had posted this already.....Also please excuse the terrible spelling in the new thread

Mirabelle

And I don't have Sky.

Plus I always watched with the sound OFF, I hated all the rabbiting on and shouting and if they were showing someone standing there speaking, in a pre-recorded piece, standing in front of a pale background, talking about how something is made etc, then I turned it off.

I want jewellery auctions, not a shouting match or a pre-recorded piece about how special something is etc etc.

And I want to be treated like a customer, informed of channel merges.

I have been sent the email also, thank you, but really it should have been sent ages ago explaining the date(s) of the merging and with a different title too, how many people will just delete it based on the title alone? And it will confuse people now with it coming from Coloured Rocks, since if you clicked on the link in the last few weeks, it doesn't exsist and takes you to GemsTV.

It is all very confusing and doesn't look very professional.

I really don't like spending my money with businesses that don't inform their customers about major changes like a business merger. Basically, you clicked on the link as normal but it took you to another shop.

When an online business has email addresses it is easy to do a mass email. Most shops etc when they move or merge they have signs up informing customers beforehand. They generally don't just move or merge and not inform customers. Cause they know they will loose business.

At this time of year I always like to check out the sales on GemsTV and TJC. I cannot access my account on Gems and even clicking on forgotten password sends up an error message, so I think I will stick to TJC for a little while.
I never got to buy anything from the sales last year cause of my major pipe burst after the cold weather and was so looking forward to it this year.

Don't know what you are after yaz (bling wise), but check out TJC rising price auctions, Great bargains to be had!! I have another haul on its way :blush:

I don't think I'm in favour (or I'm not a valued customer!) I haven't received the e-mail! lol!!

:mysmilie_468: Still out of favour!!!:mysmilie_503: :giggle: :giggle:

:confused: :angry: :mysmilie_486: :mysmilie_512:

:mysmilie_845:

Me too, Pam. Good job I'm not bovvered. Or indeed spending money with them anymore.

Latest posts

Back