Make sure you read this before you buy! - Page 4        

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Gavin

Many thanks for your reply to the concerns raised in Meeshoo's thread and also to Andrew for his reply yesterday.

I was watching at the start of the launch and the very first item, a Tanzanian ruby ring kindled my interest. So when the website was up and running I followed the link to the Enhancements pages, where it details the treatment of this gemstone......
    I was rather hoping it would be untreated...:o ....oh well... it is still a beautiful gemstone.

There have been comments that Don Kogen is involved with this new venture and I, for one, would be grateful if this could be confirmed....or not. MTIA.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the replys to this thread i have found it most interesting and helpful, i also like Sacha was taken by the Tanzanina Rubies and hoped the were not filled etc o'h well!

Post Thanks / Like

:) Thanks Gavin for popping in to explain a few things...
    It was great to hear from you.

Also can you tell us Gavin is Don Kogan part of Rocks & Co!!!?..(nudge, nude... ;) lol
    "Happy Gem Hunting Gavin keep bringing us the unusual gemstones"!!

Post Thanks / Like

Rocks and co not sure about it yet
    nice to see meeshoo posting again I would be interested to know how she got on with the recall stuff on gems as i had no luck with the c.s personally ,if you'd like to share what happened if anything with your recalled items i'd be interested to know .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissMagpie View Post
    Andrew, any chance that the presenters could tell us the quantity made when it is a very small number? I heard Victoria yesterday talking about a large paraiba tourmaline ring, saying "we literally only made very few of these" (or words to that effect). How few - 3, or 30? I'm guessing it was probably more like 3, so it would be nice to know that.
    Thanks Miss magpie I will pass that onto Vicky and the producers. We had a few rings that fit your discrition. Some there were three of and some only two. But I agree we should let you know how many are in stock when there is low numbers. Thanks for the feedback

Meeshoo Guest

Thanks Gavin once again for your comprehensive replies.

I just wanted to tell you that coated Tanzanite has appeared in the UK (sold, unfortunately by reputable companies to unsuspecting customers) - hence my concern. I believe the companies were selling these in good faith but had obviously been let down by their suppliers. You'll be pleased to know that I don't believe what I read on the internet!!! Good to know that Rocks and Co won't ever be selling it though.
    Last edited by Meeshoo; 08-09-2008 at 06:30 PM.

dingledangle Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ARA View Post

Firstly, please let me assure you that none of our Diamonds are laser drilled, coated, pressure heated or fractured filled. An overzealous assistant and my heavy work load resulted in an earlier draft being uploaded. I sincerely apologise for this oversight and promise I’ll correct this first thing tomorrow.

ARA
    Oh dear, Gemstone Gav. Absolutely nothing in this post made me change my mind. Quite the opposite, in fact. I would also love to know why 'an earlier draft' of yours contained so much contradictory information.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Darls View Post
    You know, THIS is what makes shoppingytelly.com THE place to be.

Where else would the experts and owners of sites be readily available to answer queries, well done to Meesh for raising the issue in the first place but how many people out there have the facility of tapping into the company, of actually getting the owners, experts whatever on site, answering questions and putting peoples minds at rest. How many people will read that statement and go off and never buy? the ones who don't get on here thats for sure,

Well done Gav for getting out of the warm sunshine (gggrrrr) and coming in and answering the queries and the same for the Bennetts who do the same, same for BKGemstones etc. Its fabulous service.

THIS is what makes this site like no other so well done Graham, cos if this wasn't here neither would any of us be.
    Absolutely concur with what you've said Darls. ST has been a force for good, thanks to Graham - even though he might feel at times that he has spawned a devil child!! :D

And to Gavin, thanks again for your further explanation. Good on yer mate! I should have put smilies after my gentle nudge - sorry about that :D:D

well done on your latest venture. hope you're pleased with how things are going. all the best from Monsoon Central UK!