Scissors TSV Mon 20th Feb

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

123purplerabbit

Registered Shopper
OK I'm all for innovation and scissors are very handy things to have...

And I actually did purchase the 2-pack shredding scissors a couple of years ago - gave one pair to my brother-in-law. They're handy for cutting up stuff that doesn't work in the shredder (like plastic envelopes) but can be a bit of pain when the 'bits' get stuck in the parallel blades.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx?app=detail&view=2&params=item^800290,tpl^uk,sc^,cc^,from^,navlist^800290*800200*800080*800084*833513*,cm_scid^24hr

SO .... how on EARTH (or anywhere else) are we expected to use them to "chop onions" ???? :mysmilie_13:

Is it just me or are the 'reasons you need this' getting more & more ridiculous? Does anyone plan to buy this? And what colour - who on earth wants 4 pairs (or any pairs for that matter) of PINK :puke: scissors in their kitchen. Ok, I accept that may be just my serious allergy to the colour pink, but really ...

If anyone's buying this, let us know how you get on with the scissors / onions - pix of the successful / otherwise outcome would be appreciated :giggle:

Last edited:
they look quite usefull and would make quite nice pressies. i would take the ones i needed and gift the rest

The pizza cutting scissors are a really bad idea, it wont be long before someone ends up with 3rd degree burns from the molton cheese.
And only being able to wash then in warm water is asking for a case of food poisoning.
So not for me.

I just can not get over this? Cutting onions with a scissor?
Take if first you have to slice them, so you might as well carry on?
and cutting salad? A knife is so fast I am not sure I would cut herbs with a scissor if I can only wash them in warm water

only thing I really like is the magnet bit and hanging them on the fridge, great idea as I am forever hunting for any one of our numerous scissors when I need one

and a totally valid point about cutting pizza with a scissor madmax, what a darn stupid idea
think I might give these a miss, or buy them for my mother in law for Christmas, she who bought me a apple corer for Christmas last year, and a pair of tights the year before :giggle:

Last edited:
I think they must mean salad onions and I always wash my scissors in fairly hot water, so I'm not going to make an exception for these...and yep, I've ordered the pink!!

I've always cut pizza with scissors - not bought these though as I already have at least 3 pairs...

Im not sure if its just Simon but the scissors dont look very effective? It look as if the hinges are sticking or his fingers are too big for the holes or something.

I've ordered the green, and almost fewll out my chair last night at the absolute DRIVEL Julian was spouting last night.. More cliches than Saint & Greavesie on acid! And then he tried to convince us that he was being 'honest' and never did salesman talk. Also strange how EVERY pan is the best pan ever invented, and they'd never lie, but the next pan coming up, is better than the last pan, which was the best EVER!

As for all the things that scissors (standard) can cut.. wow! It can cut crisp packets! It can cut paper, it can cut envelopes.. it can cut things! Who'd have thought it, eh! REVOLUTIONARY! Scissors that CUT things!

I've always cut pizza with scissors - not bought these though as I already have at least 3 pairs...

I always use scissors to cut pizza too - can't be doing with those silly little roller thingies!! I use scissors for cutting/shredding meat (raw and cooked), cutting herbs, salad and so on.

I have a couple of pairs of general purpose ones that perform all necessary functions - can't see why I would need a specific pair for each job. My kitchen drawers ain't big enough for that many pairs!

Truly revolutionary I never knew scissors could do all this Yahweh 70 , I must get some lol :wonder:

Last edited:
A bad purchase I'm ashamed to say! The regular scissors with the magnetic holder are fabulous, and because of those I've kept the set (after weighing up the balance of the hassle of repacking, paying to sent them back, losing out on p&p etc). The pizza scissors fell apart as soon as I opened them, but I managed to put them back together and they're ok now...however, I'm seriously wondering whether I'll ever use them, the herb scissors will probably come in handy, though I did try shredding a letter with them and wasn't really up to the job as they're too small and it would take ages and paper bits fly everywhere...also they're widely available in Poundland! and as for the salad scissors....A useless article if ever there was one.....they have gone in the bin.

So I've paid £27 for a pair of scissors.....slap my wrist...but hey, they're pink lol!

The pizza scissors are SUPPOSED to come apart, but seem a useless item anyway IMO.

BTW if they are nearly all useless, QVC will send you a post-paid return labal and refund your original postage - - - quick, get them back out of the bin.

Thanks, but as I said I weighed up the balance and I don't think they could be classed as faulty....more a waste of money, which is totally my fault... I don't know what I was thinking of tbh! Although I need more scissors , I would have been better off looking out for a set of regular scissors but in varying sizes,however, I do like the magnetic holder, which is good. I rarely eat pizza, own a perfectly good pie server anyway, pretty much new that the "salad contraption" was going to be of no use to me, and as for the multiblade scissors, I could have picked 'em up from the poundshop. I think it's a case of "that'll learn me", and d'ya know I got a bit of buzz from chucking the bliddy things away....good riddance to bad rubbish!

The idea isn't to shred the entire letter, just the section with your name and address, or other salient info.

Aw stratobuddy looks like this item is a bit too complicated for our girlies bless 'em. Thank god us men are here to keep them right eh? :hi:

Thanks, but as I said I weighed up the balance and I don't think they could be classed as faulty....more a waste of money, which is totally my fault... I don't know what I was thinking of tbh! Although I need more scissors , I would have been better off looking out for a set of regular scissors but in varying sizes,however, I do like the magnetic holder, which is good. I rarely eat pizza, own a perfectly good pie server anyway, pretty much new that the "salad contraption" was going to be of no use to me, and as for the multiblade scissors, I could have picked 'em up from the poundshop. I think it's a case of "that'll learn me", and d'ya know I got a bit of buzz from chucking the bliddy things away....good riddance to bad rubbish!

Cancel the order under DSR then you will get your origional p&p back.

I didn't go for the scissors TSV. I am a bit of a scissors snob! I like decent, well made scissors not Chinese stuff - even with funky coloured handles :eek:) I am married to a Yorkshireman, so we bought some from a company of steel artisans, made in Sheffield and have never regretted buying them. I didn't like the idea of the pizza scissors, we use a knife and have never had any problems with the delicate art of pizza cutting. I think QVC invent "obstacles of everyday life", which they just happen to sell the miracle tool for!

Inge x

Latest posts

Back