Liz Earle Skin Tint Going In The Bin!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

73MelanieD

Registered Shopper
After using this for two weeks, not only have I now realised I look like I have lard on my face, (cheers family) I have also broken out in spots! Being a former acne sufferer that has not had an acne 'boil' for about 15 years, I can't believe I have what feels like an acne boil brimming away under the surface. How ironic that the brand whose cleanser and moisturisers are the best I have used for my skin, have now caused me to have spots again after all these years!

I shall put that £21 down to a learning experience!

Ever skin is different,. and your own skin can change according to season, hormonal stage, illness, environmental impact. Whatsuits you one year, can have a different effect offn your skin a year later, and not everything from one brand will suit. Sadly, that is what makes skin care such a minefield
I have used the new Boots No7 version and have to say I am very impressed
PS mind you saying that it suits me currently

Surely you've got your 30 day MBG, unless of course you had it for longer before you actually started using it. I hate Liz Earle stuff tbh, I bought some once, (at a ridiculous price) and found the stuff that was supposed to be fragranced had a wishy washy smell, the stuff the wasn't meant to smell, stunk to high heaven. The stuff didn't improve the quality of my skin, and the gold shimmer cream I received in the pack...didn't show up on the skin -utter waste of time. Got my money back thankfully!

Surely you've got your 30 day MBG, unless of course you had it for longer before you actually started using it. I hate Liz Earle stuff tbh, I bought some once, (at a ridiculous price) and found the stuff that was supposed to be fragranced had a wishy washy smell, the stuff the wasn't meant to smell, stunk to high heaven. The stuff didn't improve the quality of my skin, and the gold shimmer cream I received in the pack...didn't show up on the skin -utter waste of time. Got my money back thankfully!

Too late to go back unfortunately!

After using this for two weeks, not only have I now realised I look like I have lard on my face, (cheers family) I have also broken out in spots! Being a former acne sufferer that has not had an acne 'boil' for about 15 years, I can't believe I have what feels like an acne boil brimming away under the surface. How ironic that the brand whose cleanser and moisturisers are the best I have used for my skin, have now caused me to have spots again after all these years!

I shall put that £21 down to a learning experience!

Oh, so sorry to here about your problem with the Liz Earle tint. I love the Liz Earle cleanse & polish & the instant boost skin tonic. I was thinking of trying the skin tint, but i have very senitive skin.
I think i will give it a miss for the tiime being. If anyone has used this product, please let us know how you got on with it.
(Hope your skin recover's soon )

It might be worth contacting LE direct to explain your problems and dissatisfaction. They are an extremely nice bunch of people to deal with and I'm sure will be very concerned to learn that you are not all happy.

Oh, so sorry to here about your problem with the Liz Earle tint. I love the Liz Earle cleanse & polish & the instant boost skin tonic. I was thinking of trying the skin tint, but i have very senitive skin.
I think i will give it a miss for the tiime being. If anyone has used this product, please let us know how you got on with it.
(Hope your skin recover's soon )

I have acne rosacea and I love the skin tint, my skin always feels better after I have used it, but I know what suits one person doesnt always suit another, you dont need to use a lot of product and as with every beauty product you should always patch test before using.

I agree with BL, give LE CS a ring and see if you can get a refund
I didnt get on with the perfume when it came out and they sent me a label to return it and also a full refund

Yes I had to return something to LE direct and they were really nice about it,even sent me a prepaid label. The skin tint samples were sent to me with the newsletter,I used the medium beige one as it was the right shade for me. It felt a bit heavy once on but I went out shopping for an hour or so,during this time my skin felt terrible underneath it,it was so cloying and my skin felt as if it was being suffocated. I couldn't wait to return home to wash it off.it was indeed like lard on my face,I shudder just thinking about it now.

I actually think it smells like lard - it might just be me, I am quite sensitive to the fragrance of products generally - but it had an oily/fatty odour when I applied it. I didn't mind the product per-se, I've only had samples of it - but I wouldn't go out and buy a full size, as like others have said my skin didn't feel quite right with it on. Plus, I did get a shine to the skin not long after application. Not one of LE's finer moments! :nod:

When I first got mine (from John Lewis so no mbg) I too thought it looked like I'd been caught in an oil slick and to the back of the drawer it went. I got it out again last week and applied a small amount over my Nars primer and then dusted my Nars powder foundation (which is super fine) over my face. The result is really nice, I think. It gives that hydrated look to the cheeks without being shiny.

I take everything back that I said in a post a few months ago.

I actually think it smells like lard - it might just be me, I am quite sensitive to the fragrance of products generally - but it had an oily/fatty odour when I applied it. I didn't mind the product per-se, I've only had samples of it - but I wouldn't go out and buy a full size, as like others have said my skin didn't feel quite right with it on. Plus, I did get a shine to the skin not long after application. Not one of LE's finer moments! :nod:

I think after reading some of these comments, i will give this one a miss & try something else.:thinking:

I love the Liz Earle Skin Tint, but you do have to be frugal with it. An overload can look shiny so be quite sparing when applying it! Also I'd recommend using fingers to apply and not a foundation brush, it seems to go on better. Lovely light coverage, like a tinted moisturiser but with more oomph somehow!

It makes me look glowy and healthy which is quite a feat really considering I'm not really either. :grin:

Can't say I've noticed any smell and haven't got spots from it either so I suppose again it just shows not everything suits everybody.

When i first got a sample of this I applied far too much and felt shiny/smeary all day and then realised that less is more. Tried it again with a minute amount and it felt alot nicer but then didn't give enough coverage! i have since discovered Lily Lolo mineral foundation and I love it. I very much sympathise with the horrid boil bubbling under the skin feeling, I used to get one of those every month and it made me miserable.

I didn't like the Skin tint either, received a sample from Liz herself, thought it thick and 'stickly', even when you watch Lix promoting it she doesn't seem overly enthusiastic, wonder if it's something Avon have made her add to the range!!

I didn't like the Skin tint either, received a sample from Liz herself, thought it thick and 'stickly', even when you watch Lix promoting it she doesn't seem overly enthusiastic, wonder if it's something Avon have made her add to the range!!

That would make a lot of sense LavenderBlue

I went into my local store yesterday for C&P and bought a travel size of the shampoo and conditioner to pack when I go away at Easter. The lady serving me asked if I had tried the skin tint. I said I has but didn't like it and said I used either LG or BE. She didn't seem surprised and certainly didn't persuade me to try it again. In fact she admitted she used BE.

And yes I did have a mini cupcake! Cakes in my local store on a Friday. Also got a sample of the perfume and a mini energising shower gel.

Sorry QVC but I love going to the High Street for my Liz Earle supplies.

Latest posts

Back