Is IW still there?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I did a retune this morning (was prompted by my freeview box which said new channels were available) and after that IW was gone.

I've just done a manual tune, but it is still not there on 22 (there is nothing on that channel, the box skips past it).

All the other channels seem OK (85 of them).

Is anyone else having problems?

I did a retune this morning (was prompted by my freeview box which said new channels were available) and after that IW was gone.

I've just done a manual tune, but it is still not there on 22 (there is nothing on that channel, the box skips past it).

All the other channels seem OK (85 of them).

Is anyone else having problems?

After reading your post I rescanned my freeview box (although I did it last week when the QVC beauty channel moved) and Ideal World is still on channel 22 on my tv. I did an automatic scan though, not a manual one.

After reading your post I rescanned my freeview box (although I did it last week when the QVC beauty channel moved) and Ideal World is still on channel 22 on my tv. I did an automatic scan though, not a manual one.

Thanks. By manual scan, I meant that I did it from the menu without being prompted to do a scan, but it then worked automatically.

How will I sleep tonight, worrying that my IW has gone?

When I've done a scan like that I've occasionally lost channels. I've repeated the scan and they've reappeared. You seem much more savvy than I am with regards to technology (I get excited if my monitor comes on) so maybe there's a temporary problem with your local transmitter at the moment? I know some of my channels come from different transmitters (at least they used to.)

Record it for a few days and then watch over and over again you wont notice the differance

Agree the frequency might have dropped. Some Freeview boxes show a number for the frequency scan, my new one doesn't and can't remember the number for my old boxes. Re-scan on auto to accept all channels and see if IW is then listed. If not some other channels will be missing too on the same frequency band. If so retry tomorrow. You can then delete the channels you don't want.

Done more auto retunes, channel 22 is still not there, the box skips from 20 to 23 (Bid TV)

I wonder if they have stopped broadcasting to my region???

For example, the transmitter 10 miles away in Tavistock does NOT broadcast IW as there are not enough customers in the area for them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back