Loen Love taken ill on live TV!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tootsieannie

Registered Shopper
I dont normally post as I never feel I have anything interesting to say but I was flicking channels yesterday and saw Loen presenting Friday Fashion. I started watching as I think she is the best presenter on IW and she is such a laugh, especiallly when doing fashion but she seemed a bit stilted and not so jokey. Sometimes you can get some nice fashion but yesterdays seemed rather cheap and nasty and I thought maybe she could not be bothered to extol the virtues of the one piece shrug top which was overpriced tat! All of a sudden there was a wierd silence then the camera panned into the top and suddenly they started running IW promos for at least 6 minutes then when it came back, there was Debbie Shore appologising that Loen had taken unwell and she had to stand in for her! She was out of breath and seemed rather taken aback to be there!

Did anyone else see this and was it my imagination that Loen looked as if she couldnt really give a toss about the fashion and that there seemed to be some tension with the model "Sheila?" before she went off air? Anyway, I hope it is nothing too serious and she feels better soon but all in all it seemed very odd:thinking:

Yes, i saw this. Loen said she was still recovering from a chest infection (and was having a few coughing fits throughout the show - they had to bring her cough medicine for her). It's not a good thing to have when you're talking all the time.

Didn't notice any tension with Sheelagh? (Although I have to say Sheelagh seems to have started talking a lot lately and for some reason it's irritating me!)

Get well soon Lo - you're the only good thing about Ideal World. x

Get well soon Loen, if you've had the same virus as me, you must be feeling very very awful and it's all the worse when you've got to present and you can't sit there sucking strepsils hiding behind a computer!

I don't think she has anything to worry about. With Oban and Andy looking after her she'll be back to her raspy 40 a day self in no time at all. Maybe while she was off sick she took the time to research some of the products and become a bit more knowledgable. There's only so many times you can ooooooh and aaaaah when trying to flog a pair of slimming pants. My wife laughed quite hard last week when LoLo was comparing the clothes they sell on IW with high end high street brand like Karen Millen and Planet. Bit cheeky.

What will they think of next? Comparing a crystal made in a lab with diamonds?

Lol. This reminds me of something that happened earlier today. I'd just picked my daughter home from school and whilst I was making her a snack she asked if she could watch the lady with the clown face on tv for a few minutes. I was in the kitchen and said that she could thinking that she must have been referring to something on CBBC. Anyway imagine my surprise when I came into the lounge to see that she was watching Loen presenting Emilia slimming pants. Poor old Loen she could do with a Mally makeover.

Ah poor Loen, imo her face is one of the few things that she has got going for her. She has no idea how to present a product, she spends her time shouting at the producer/ floor manager/ director. I wouldn't allow her to present dinner to my dog. Bless her, since she started wearing the awful hair extensions she looks, and imo acts more like Hattie Jacques every day...

Hello Kathy, I agree and wouldn't let her present dinner to my dog either. She's been bleating on about buying her dog (Oban not Andy) a memory foam topper for £279 for his birthday. She's definitely got more money than sense. What do IW pay her? Anything more than the minimum wage is too much.

Poor Hattie Jaques must be turning in her grave.

Latest posts

Back