Gems -v- RocksTV/Disability

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

agree that i can't watch adina, i turn over if shes on. I also don't think that Craig would have meant anything offensive at all.

Have just seen your win on t'other place Argey. Congrats, welcome to the forum and don't forget to drop in and see us on 'The Best of the rest' spot where the Rockaholics hang out. (I'm Fader4 on Rocks :52:)

Welcome to the forum from me as well Argeybargey! Sorry you were upset by Craig, but fair due to him, he's apologised to you and I hope you feel better about it all now. I used to be an avid Gems fan, but barely watch at all anymore. I've bought one piece in the last 11 months and I think that speaks volumes.
No wonder you're impressed with Rocks' CS - Steve Bennett started Gems and that is how their CS used to be when we were all such fans. (I'm Heff on Rocks.)

Hi Argey,

Lovely to meet you. :1:

I'm new to this forum and also to RocksTV, and Gems too - though I've bought about 30 silver rings off them in the past year - my hubby started it - I'd never have found them on Sky on my own lol! He bought stuff and I followed...:52:

Agree about some of the presenters, but I just turn the sound down - I can see if I like a piece without having them tell me how wonderful it is...

I think all in all, Gems prices aren't that much more than they were - I can only go on the stuff I've bought, but silver rings still go to between £19 and £29...But RocksTV are cheaper, so I've got stuff from them nowadays and don't watch Gems so much now... Rocks designs are better too, and more unusual stuff - they have a really good range, something for everyone.

Must tell you this - I teach adults in evening classes, and one time I thought everything was fine, then a woman complained about something I'd said, a throwaway remark that I'd forogtten about, she took exception to. I'd never intended any offence, but she took it...What I'm trying to say is, sometimes people say things that upset others without meaning to...Anyway it's good that Craig apologised...

I'm gemjunkie on Rocks - not on chat all that much, but I look in most nights I'll look out for you!

Hi argeybargey and welcome. I just wanted to say I loved your post, humour is always welcome on the forum and if I can suggest you cough up the small donation required to gain VIP status, you can find more comedians in the VIP area.

teehee but BC ain't one of them lololol she's totally insane, not a comedienne :32:

welcome to the forum Argey. sorry you had to start out with a whinge, but now you've found us, stick around for the good stuff, the support, the frank exchange of views, the bling and excitement of buying. you've found a good crowd.

hats off to Derek and Craig for coming in here and speaking to their public. it definitely is what has made GTV special for forum member.

:1: Craig...Good lad,thank you for listening to my suggestion to publicly apologise to argeybargey....and for taking the plunge with your first post to do just that....
I'm very pleased that you did!...and hope you will chat with us all more often!!!!!

I know you have a wicked sense of humour :cool:.... just be more careful love and keep your chin up!
Mirabelle xx :40:

Hi Guys,

I'm reeling from the continued response to my first mailing. Thank you very much to Huggles, Lexxy, Klosblue, Glinda, Calvin, Jacqualina, Jacki and Sammi for your contributions to the welcomes and reassurances.

Not forgetting of course, the now infamous Craig. I really appreciate that you were big enough to come here and apologise. I can feel Derek's hand behind this (as the actress said ..............). I shall indeed now write to you on a more personal level at Gems.

As for RocksTV last night - gimme some munnay I'm skint already. Thanks to Katherine I got the Karma charm necklace I was after. I managed it by the skin of my teeth despite having allowed myself plenty of time to settle, I couldn't get buddy well logged in.

Thanks again speedy assistance from their Help Team saved the day. Flushed with success, I then rashly bought the matching bracelet. As I am head to toe in braces nobody will know I'm wearing it. Never mind - what a beautiful little secret to have under all that velcro and metal. These days sadly it will be the only beautiful little secret under there :rolleyes: I then went on to buy an amethyst and marcasite ring and an amethyst silver ring in the form of a flower. Fantastic prices. Very sorry Gems but about half the price of similar from you, although I do worry a little, having been a jewellery maker when my fingers were nimble I know how much the materials cost. RocksTV must be struggling to keep this up and survive. I only did bespoke work in my spare time outside of my main job.

All this and lots of barmy fun on the way, and lo and behold (as some of you saw) I won a ruby necklace - my cup runneth over. All this going on and yet I still managed to do a small amount on that very fast chat panel.

A great night thanks to all of you who were there. With the support of yourselves, Katherine and a wobbly pill, I managed to feel quite human again and thoroughly included.

Just one teeny-tiny fly in the ointment. The competition changed last night, from what I understand was the normal quick fire quiz, to a simple computer random selection. There was a tiny amount of dissention about this as people had liked the quiz element. I hope I'm not getting an over-inflated ego from all this attention, but I could not get away from the huge coincidence of my joining and the change to an accessable competition. Whilst I don't for one minute think this was done for me, I do wonder if my circumstances made them realise that some of their customers may well have been excluded. I did feel a tad uncomfortable, especially after winning as well. However the mumblings were very low level and brief, with no shouts of "fix" :33:.

Well guys, I'm off now to throw a few dishes around the kitchen and drop my lunch on the floor (no pill today). You've no idea what an enormous lift you've all given me - thank you so much.

Argey

You're very welcome Argey, what a lovely surprise to win a fabulous necklace too. The main reason for the change (I think) was that there was one person on Rocks who was winning consistently, you may have noticed that there was only really one dissenting voice about the competition changes (can you guess who I'm talking about :wink:). Yes, the competitions were fun, but for those with slow internet and slow typing, they were NEVER going to win, so this way everyone stands an equal chance.

Whilst I may not be a fan of your presenting style Craig, it takes a big man to apologise - so well done you!!

:doggie:

Last edited:
Argey, you're like a breath of fresh air, flower! my symps on the dropping lunch scenario - am off clumsy too from RA. and the number of bits of crockery I've dinged with a wayward hand....don't get me started lol

am so glad you're feeling re-energised. I hope you join in the chat on the RocksTV forum and when it's live - will see you in there. I'm Sammi in here and Sammi in there.

Meanwhile, am watching a bit of Scott and Fi today on GTV. Sadly unable to snap anything up due to being skint but still enjoying the offerings. As for Derky, he's a mean games player - we've played some word games on another site - as well as being a thoroughly lovely guy.

Hi again,

Mad4Gems - thanks for clearing up the Rocks comp thing for me, that's a much better reason.

Sammi - so sorry to hear you have RA, such a painful disease. It is the basis of my woes - polyarticular exacerbated by compressed discs and spinal cord -hence the wobbly bits, or rather the additional wobbly bits :5:.

I used to wonder what I'd do all day when I knew I couldn't go on working. Never been a problem, and now there's still not enough time. Have done no chores the last couple of weeks, and am sitting in a tip. My daughter comes and "does" for me every Monday, but I can't leave it like this. She knows her mother has something of the slattern about her, but was always a tidy one.
I've got a couple of hours now before 5.00 and RocksTV starting. Should be enough to do the dishes even my way. Even quicker if I skip the middle man and just throw them straight in the bin.

By the way - nearly forgot to tell you. I have posted to Craig on a personal level, so hopefully we will be able to close that chapter as reasonable friends.

Bye for niw.

hi Argey and welcome to the forum
glad that you and craig have settled your differences as i am sure it was not intended to upset anyone
i also suffer from RA, not as bad as you but still very painful, i do find it difficult to type quickly as my index finger is twisted to one side and i keep hitting the wrong key (normally the buy it now one :1: )
hope you have as much fun reading some of the posts on here as much as i do

Argybargy sweetheart, welcome to the best forum on the web!

I have followed this thread with great interest and have to admit to taking personally some remarks made on many channels when in a downcast frame of mind but I now realise they, like me, may say some things in the heat or necessary speed of the moment that were not intended to hurt anyone and only based on trying to get customers to buy.

As someone who suffers to a certain degree of loss of mobility and dexterity, but no way to the extent you do, I understand the frustration you feel and also the perceived sleights of people who, when I think about it, have no knowledge of my circumstances and mean no ill intent.

I applaud the posts of Derek and the impish (imvho) Craig in response to your thread and hope they put your mind at rest. Personally I take everything they say with a very large pinch of salt, especially when they get all serious and cut the music, are you listening chaps?

I wish you a long and happy time on this the craziest :eek:oops: I mean the.............. :blush: Oh hell, we're all a bunch of nutters who love a bargain, so welcome again to ST.com, kick off your slippers, get someone to pour you a drink and enjoy the company of like minded shoppers who like a bit of bling even if we are the only people who get to see it! :whistle:

:1: Hope your loving the forum Argeybargey, now you have found us all....
and hope you enjoy the chat on here as much as we do!!
It was loveley to see you win some bids...it's exciting stuff isn't it!!?

Mirabelle xx :1:

Hi all,

Gemcrazynan - you're a bit quick off the block I'm afraid. It aint over yet - see below.

Lynda - Thank you for your well intended message, but this is certainly not about any "perceived sleight". The local children used to call me "Metal Mickey", (this is now resolved after letting a few play on my buggy, and feel my braces and halo, and is now reduced to plain and more affectionate Mickey). I am very well used to being patronised, openly mocked and stared at and have developed a skin that any rhino would be proud of. I just don't like rudeness from people who haven't even seen me or spoken to me, and are are supposed to be serving me.

I looked in on Gems briefly this a.m. and heard him say to two callers "thank you for calling in early" - you must agree that this is a vast improvement on "if you don't like the price .......".

Hi Mirabelle and Jacky - I've been having a whale of a time at RocksTV and getting better at chat panel. I had a whopping parcel yesterday and there ain't nuffink gonna go back. Luvvin' it, luvvin' it. Can't wait for payday.

Well all, sadly it seems all is not well on the argey/Craig front. I wrote an e-mail to him personally at Gems using the link he gave me, and its Wednesday now and no acknowledgement. Oh well, sailor V, as they say :confused:

Once again thanks to all, and I promise not to write anymore on the subject unless its newsworthy.

Argey

Hi Argey. Welcome to the Forum, and to Rocks. Glad you are having a good time with us here and there! Well done on your competition win. I think on the whole we are all pleased with the change to the competitions on Rocks as they are now much fairer.

So pleased you are loving the bling you have gotten so far. Just as a suggestion for Rocks, maybe they should start doing some gem encrusted velcro to bling up your frame. That would be cool!

See you later on Rocks.

Hi Sammi and Sheffield Owl,

You're both too late :46:

I've already blinged me pram rock chicky stylee, and my halo has pearls. I don't know if you've ever properly seen a halo, but in case not (which is likely), the halo's attached to the head around the forehead, then there are support struts, one on each side of neck. This is all connected to, and supported by, a collared frame which fits across the collarbone and rests on the shoulders. This whole thing is done in narrow metal bands. I tell you all this to help you then imagine strategically placed pearls, glued around the framework. Ah reckin if people are gonna stare, may as well have sumfink purty to look at. :7: (Yes - its very uncomfortable, but at least it keeps me head on) :21: I'd send you a piccy but I do draw the line at photies so have nothing for you. Perhaps one day I'll pluck up the courage and get my daughter to do one.

A couple of weeks ago a chap in a lorry called out "hey easy rider". Smashing - so much better acknowledged and with fun, rather than pretending not to notice.

Thanks for your responses and maybe see you on Rocky, rock rock tonight.

Argey

Argey - I may be saying the wrong thing here, and it isn't meant to be patronising - but your post is very humbling, and to use a hackneyed cliche, you're an inspiration to us lucky ones who can self-perambulate...there but for the grace of whichever god we may or may not believe in...

Anyway enough of that, I'm sure you don't want to hear it - I presume you've tried fairy lights on your halo? :21::1:

Hi Jacky,

Feel free to heap upon me all the praise you like. The one I don't like is "brave" since, given a choice, I certainly wouldn't be in dis 'ere boat, and I can safely say that applies to most of us crips (I'm allowed to say that word :57:)

You're absolutely right about the fairy lights - possible execution - but I did have a tiny tree with baubles that someone gave to me, and was able to wear that on the top of me 'ed.

Luv
Argey

Latest posts

Back