Gems -v- RocksTV/Disability

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi all,

Gemcrazynan - you're a bit quick off the block I'm afraid. It aint over yet - see below.

Lynda - Thank you for your well intended message, but this is certainly not about any "perceived sleight". The local children used to call me "Metal Mickey", (this is now resolved after letting a few play on my buggy, and feel my braces and halo, and is now reduced to plain and more affectionate Mickey). I am very well used to being patronised, openly mocked and stared at and have developed a skin that any rhino would be proud of. I just don't like rudeness from people who haven't even seen me or spoken to me, and are are supposed to be serving me.

I looked in on Gems briefly this a.m. and heard him say to two callers "thank you for calling in early" - you must agree that this is a vast improvement on "if you don't like the price .......".

Hi Mirabelle and Jacky - I've been having a whale of a time at RocksTV and getting better at chat panel. I had a whopping parcel yesterday and there ain't nuffink gonna go back. Luvvin' it, luvvin' it. Can't wait for payday.

Well all, sadly it seems all is not well on the argey/Craig front. I wrote an e-mail to him personally at Gems using the link he gave me, and its Wednesday now and no acknowledgement. Oh well, sailor V, as they say :confused:

Once again thanks to all, and I promise not to write anymore on the subject unless its newsworthy.

Argey

Sorry if this seems out of line argey
but you have received a public apology from craig
and as his remarks albeit a tad rude were not to you personally
imho i think he has done his bit already

Hi Gemcrazynan,

If you look again at my original, this matter was personal and addressed to two of us by name and one new buyer. I have this evening received a message from Craig saying that he had been trying to e-mail but was getting it returned. Since he got my name wrong in today's note (very naughty in the circumstances), and you have no idea what I wrote to him (was not looking for any more apologies), I really think there is no need to argue with me about it. Let's please not make things worse.

However, I have no doubt that Craig has been trying to contact me, and I'm sure he willl appreciate your loyalty.

My pleasure in finding this site to off-load what was a fairly small, but irritating, issue at the time, has now been dampened. May we now consider this thread closed, and if anyone would like to chat, perhaps they will use another thread.

With many thanks to everyone for their interest and, DEREK, if you are there, please tell Craig not to worry about it anymore. I accept his apology and hopefully the matter is now closed. Thanks for trying to mediate, you're a smashing guy.

Best wishes to all.
Argey

Hello Argey, and a big welcome from me too. Think we've met in rocks but will say hello again.

I used to shop with Gems a lot but sadly it lost its sparkle (geddit???) :D: for me when they all started behaving themselves :D I used to like to laugh along with them and then suddenly they went all sensible :eek:

Have to say I thought it nice of both Derek and Craig to come on and reply to you, they seem like 2 nice (daft) lads.

We need you (and your particular brand of madness) down in the drop which is a VIP area you get access to once you have paid a small donation (up there DONATE, click that lol) when you're not skint from buying rocks of course hehehehe. Its a small donation and you get all sorts of threads down in the drop, which isn't even called the drop anymore but if always will be to me. See i'm rambling now (I do that a lot, especially on a Friday night) lol

See you there hopefully and take care xxxx

Hi Lady Darls,

Thanks - I'll do that. See you there.

Best wishes.
Argey

Argey, looks like you had a good night tonight. Glad you seem to be finding the chat so much easier to follow now. You made me laugh on numerous occasions tonight, I must say. Good to have you around!

Hi Sheffield Owl,

Yes - great fun - and much easier now that my son-in-law has made me a table that attaches to my chair. It comes up very close and is quite high meaning that the keyboard is miles easier to manage. Did you see my massive typo, and then to press send instead of delete, I thought I was gonna get thrown off.

Whilst here I'll take the opportunity of saying that I think Osyduck/Opensing may be autistic. Hopefully those who can't bear it can simply ignore him, and anybody who can be bothered can answer him now and then. When it gets busier, as it clearly will, his voice is likely to get lost anyway,so those impatient souls could be kinder for a while.

Thanks to all of you who show consideration for us crips, whatever our problems.

I sit here at 11.15 dripping in gems, but without me 'air combed. I simply must try and do a few chores today, seem to be spending all my time chatting and gemming.

Looking forward to "seeing" you tonight.

Luv
Argey

:1: Hi Argeybargey...and a BIG welcome to the (mad house!) forum ha ha lol
I read your post with interest....as i too am disabled but not so much as that
I cannot place my bids on spur of moment.

I think you may do well to go to the catalogue during the day argey and place
an auto bid of how much you are willing to pay for the item that interests you
then sit back and watch later on to see the auction...hope this makes sense....
If not I'm sure someone else will come along with some more helpfull tips for you.

Welcome once again.
Mirabelle here @ St.Com...and also Mirabelle @ Rocks.tv :40:

Hi Mirabelle, i am a big gemstv fan, but last night watched rockstv for a bit, not sure about it yet! I read on the chat part you asked someone if they were disabled, and it read like an insult. Surely you should be a tad more understanding?

To be honest Glinda I think Mirabelle was making exactly the opposite point - someone was being very annoying and she didn't want to insult them if they were unable to keep up with chat due to a disability, rather than because they were an ignorant twat who was just ignoring people.
Sometimes it's hard to win!

Concerned

Hi Mirabelle, i am a big gemstv fan, but last night watched rockstv for a bit, not sure about it yet! I read on the chat part you asked someone if they were disabled, and it read like an insult. Surely you should be a tad more understanding?

Glinda thanks for your comment.... but you have obviously misread me...
as you clearly stated you only saw part of the chat!

I was not being insulting ...I was concerned and trying to help someone out..

Just as I helped argeybargey out ,....and asked Craig to come on here and apologise which he kindly did.

I am also a disabled person,.... and I am more understanding than you think!

There are too may people quick to judge others, without knowing anything about them....so I will not take offence at your comment.

Mirabelle.

Thanks Anne C

To be honest Glinda I think Mirabelle was making exactly the opposite point - someone was being very annoying and she didn't want to insult them if they were unable to keep up with chat due to a disability, rather than because they were an ignorant twat who was just ignoring people.
Sometimes it's hard to win!

:1:Thanks Anne C for your reply to Glinda's comment........
you said it all for me really!!..

although I have replied to Glinda personaly....
"That I will not take offence at the comment that was put to me".

It is very hard to put feelings on a chat forum, and get your point accross!!.

Mirabelle xx :40:

Perhaps you could try and be more careful how you word things in future Mirabelle, it is difficult to get accross what you mean on chat forums, but sometimes badly worded comments can cause offense. Thank you for explaining your meaning on here though.

About being more careful on Rocks Chat

Perhaps you could try and be more careful how you word things in future Mirabelle, it is difficult to get accross what you mean on chat forums, but sometimes badly worded comments can cause offense. Thank you for explaining your meaning on here though.

Glenda thanks for your comments again,and for letting me know that you understood my meaning... of help-and not insults.

Did you not witness the rocks chat last night Glenda!?...
(If you had witnessed the chat last night, perhaps your quote of being more careful in the future) would have best been quoted to others...
as others were really taking the mick out of the person i was trying to help the other night.......and asking them things like were they taking the p1$$, were they for real...were they a plant for Rocks tv all that kind of stuff, asking how they could afford to bid so high on the jewelery with them being a uni student....

I would have thought these kind of comments were more likely to offend.

I now no longer chat as I used to...just to say Hi and goodbye, although I did enjoy the chat at first, I find its not worth all the hassles of intimidation.

Best Wishes
Mirabelle.

Last edited:
Hi Mirabelle,

Please don't give up yet, I'll miss you having just got to know everybody.

I do understand your frustration but the awful truth is that some people can be cruel and insensitive, without the ability to spot other people's problems. Although they make a big impact, I'm sure they are a minority. More people seem to be helping our friend, than not.

It would be nice if those who doubt our friend were to give him the benefit of the doubt. You may have noticed that he is reacting by increasing his bids, so they are really harming themselves as well as the rest of us. He may well be telling some porkies, but I feel they are more a reaction to comments than fibs for fibs sake.

However, I expect they'll get bored or start to understand more, and things will smooth over. Its a particular shame as this is the only fly in the ointment at the moment. Having just got over one unpleasantness, it seems sad to start another. No wonder we women have the reputation for being bitchy eh?

Hope you'll reconsider and that I'll "see" you tonight.

Luv
Argey

In chat and forums it is often the case that when you get rid of one unsavoury element you immediately get another ( in a different guise ) because the banned person is p**d off and wants revenge.

Hi Mirabelle,

I do understand your frustration but the awful truth is that some people can be cruel and insensitive, without the ability to spot other people's problems. Although they make a big impact, I'm sure they are a minority. More people seem to be helping our friend, than not.

It would be nice if those who doubt our friend were to give him the benefit of the doubt. You may have noticed that he is reacting by increasing his bids, so they are really harming themselves as well as the rest of us. He may well be telling some porkies, but I feel they are more a reaction to comments than fibs for fibs sake.

However, I expect they'll get bored or start to understand more, and things will smooth over. Its a particular shame as this is the only fly in the ointment at the moment. Having just got over one unpleasantness, it seems sad to start another. No wonder we women have the reputation for being bitchy eh?

Luv
Argey

:1: Hi Argey,

Thank you soooo much for your kind words and your post!!...
I have given myself a good talking to lol and I have re-considered...
I will be joining you all later on in the chat!.

"See you tonight Argey"!!!! and Sweetpea!!!(Thanks for your PM)

Luv
Mirabelle (Mary) xxx:40:

Mirabelle, I am so pleased you have reconsidered. I would have missed you terribly. Most of us on Rocks are aware of your own situation, and also of your kind nature, and as such know full well that your intention in asking any question would never be to offend, but to assist as best you can.

I agree with regard to our friend. It seems such a shame to take the preverbial out of someone. If others find that particular person irritating, then they should feel free to ignore them. In the same way as we became upset with the bitching about ST and its members from Troll and her cronies, could our friend not very easily become upset in the exact same way about the comments being directed at them? If people are really concerned about that particular members chat, then why not report the post, or email John or Steve and let them investigate it further, through proper channels. Certainly I have never seen our friend post anything remotely offensive and so I don't feel they deserve the comments they are receiving.

Sorry, but felt the need to 'have a moment'!

It is very hard to put feelings on a chat forum, and get your point accross!!.

Mirabelle xx :40:

that is so true Mira.

I now no longer chat as I used to...just to say Hi and goodbye, although I did enjoy the chat at first, I find its not worth all the hassles of intimidation.

Best Wishes
Mirabelle.

I hope you won't stay out of chat generally hun - the more who chat, the better it is. It also diffuses some (like blabbermouth me) who can dominate chat at times lol :54:

I hope that everyone agrees now that the general consensus is that sometimes things can be taken wrongly when no malice was intended. While I am not registered disabled, I do have mobility issues a fair bit of the time, but they don't affect my gob and my wry sense of humour - I am often taking the rise out of myself and inane situations rather than the people in them. On the other hand, I lose my sense of humour when Mizgit does summat selfish (see the housework thread) and it means my physical efforts being sabotaged or added to!! I could say a fair few offensive things then, believe me!! :54::54:

Glenda thanks for your comments again,and for letting me know that you understood my meaning... of help-and not insults.

Did you not witness the rocks chat last night Glenda!?...
(If you had witnessed the chat last night, perhaps your quote of being more careful in the future) would have best been quoted to others...
as others were really taking the mick out of the person i was trying to help the other night.......and asking them things like were they taking the p1$$, were they for real...were they a plant for Rocks tv all that kind of stuff, asking how they could afford to bid so high on the jewelery with them being a uni student....

I would have thought these kind of comments were more likely to offend.

Best Wishes
Mirabelle.

I am sorry Mirabelle, i didn't see rocks chat last night, in fact the last time i was on rockstv was when i first read the misunderstood comment.
It seems clear to me now that you didn't mean any offense. I am sorry i can't comment more than that, as i haven't witnessed any of the other comments.

Hi Mirabelle,

Luv
Argey

This is an excellent post Argeybargey. I myself have only witnessed the one incident, but from what has been said on here it does sound like some people are being cruel.
I have not really been sold on rockstv yet, but, will try and watch again soon.

Latest posts

Back