Lulu Guinness TSV 12th August

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iSNT it funny. but when i
mention LULU GUINNESS handbags in work, no one has heard of her,
so iM just wondering if QVC have brain washed us, because we all want her bags yet no one
in the work place has heard of her, or maybe shes just not that famous as some of the well
known brands. So if i hadnt of been tuned into QVC would i still desire, want, her handbags.:confused:

You may have a point there SB but I think I would still want them because I mentioned in another thread that I fell in love at first sight with one of her bags in a boutique shop window but hadn't even heard of her when they told me it was by Lulu Guinness - didn't stop me buying though! :cheeky:

I found QVC because I was looking for somewhere to buy Elemis in particular but for whatever reason I've heard of or already bought a lot of the brands. I didn't come looking for Lulu Guinness but I had heard of her and had a couple of her bags already.

PrincessPickle that's the perfect reason to buy a handbag ... if you really love it. I don't really who the designer is if I love it then that's it for me.

I have a mix of different handbags from different designers and makes. I would definitely buy another Lulu Guinness but I'm equally happy with other designers/makes.

iSNT it funny. but when i
mention LULU GUINNESS handbags in work, no one has heard of her,
so iM just wondering if QVC have brain washed us, because we all want her bags yet no one
in the work place has heard of her, or maybe shes just not that famous as some of the well
known brands. So if i hadnt of been tuned into QVC would i still desire, want, her handbags.:confused:

They sell Lulu Guinness bags in the best of stores so I had heard of them - Harrods, Fortnum and Mason and House of Fraser so they are certainly not exclusive to QVC like some brands. And of course in her own shops.

I regularly go into my local House of Fraser to drool over them - choose the styles I like and then buy them in the LG sale direct :wink: I do the same with the Mulberry bags but have never managed to justify spending that sort of money - yet!

Coming from Northern ireland we don"t have many of those shops around, and i"d love to
see her shop. So it was the first i"d heard of her, when i seen her on QVC. So now 3
handbags, and 2 purses, and a make up heavier now he he

I had heard of her and was aware of what she did, but hadn't really seen her bags as such. When I stumbled upon her on QVC I was most impressed that they had such a 'big' name on, so tuned in. That, as they say, was the beginning of my demise, haha!! I haven't been to any of her shops, but am thinking of treating hubby to a few days in the Big Smoke for his 40th; obviously a trip to London wouldn't be complete without a visit to at least one of the LG stores :cheeky:

Good ploy there Capirossi, oh i mean good idea for your husband"s birthday :cheeky:

Can anyone remember the price of the last LG TSV, the quilted lips Wanda. It has a special price of £272.76 now and I was wondering how that compared to its TSV price.

I had heard of her and was aware of what she did, but hadn't really seen her bags as such. When I stumbled upon her on QVC I was most impressed that they had such a 'big' name on, so tuned in. That, as they say, was the beginning of my demise, haha!! I haven't been to any of her shops, but am thinking of treating hubby to a few days in the Big Smoke for his 40th; obviously a trip to London wouldn't be complete without a visit to at least one of the LG stores :cheeky:

We like to go up to London for a weekend at least once a year - and that always includes at least one day shopping. I love to go to Harrods and the lovely shops in Knightsbridge - just window shopping mainly as they are very expensive.

We went up over last new year for my 50th birthday (30th Dec) and had a wonderful time - did the wheel at night, the new year fireworks, Wicked the musical, and of course the new year sales - it was fab. Completely shattered by the time we came back but it was well worth it.

Can anyone remember the price of the last LG TSV, the quilted lips Wanda. It has a special price of £272.76 now and I was wondering how that compared to its TSV price.

I think it was around the £300 mark although I'm not 100%. Princess Pickle will know as she has one :D

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Good ploy there Capirossi, oh i mean good idea for your husband"s birthday :cheeky:

Genius I thought SB ;) hehe!!

We like to go up to London for a weekend at least once a year - and that always includes at least one day shopping. I love to go to Harrods and the lovely shops in Knightsbridge - just window shopping mainly as they are very expensive.

We went up over last new year for my 50th birthday (30th Dec) and had a wonderful time - did the wheel at night, the new year fireworks, Wicked the musical, and of course the new year sales - it was fab. Completely shattered by the time we came back but it was well worth it.

That sounds lovely Rosey! I love the wheel at night, I prefer it to the day, it's fab. Hubby hates shopping about as much as me, but I would like a little wander around some of the nicer establishments as I haven't been there in years. I may persuade him to come to just a select few, I'll bribe him with food or beer - that usually does the trick! :rolleyes:

Justify it Rosey Mulberry bags are much more expensive then LG but absolutely worth every penny

I will definitely have one Jabba - one day, maybe when the kids are off my hands and I am not still trying to fund them through Uni etc. I have looked at them in the sales and at Biscester outlet but at still £500-£600 it is a lot of money at the moment. I can run to £100-£150 for a Lulu in the sale. Hubby knows that if he ever wants to treat me to a nice surprise present a Mulberry bag is the thing to get - he even knows which one LOL

Bicester Village is wonderful!! I love it there but my credit card isn't so keen.

I've wanted a Mulberry since forever. I love the Bayswater but it's too big for me. Then I went into House of Fraser to look for a LG bag in raspberry. Went past the Mulberry and there was the small Bayswater in fuchsia. I nearly fell off my shoes. I was lusting after it and trying decide between it and the LG. Decided on the Mulberry but had to save up for it. Fortunately my son bought it for me for my recent BIG birthday. It is diiiiivine.

And didn't I brung my son up good eh? lol

I checked my account as I got the rasberry one. I paid £249.99 as TSV and it shows no postage costs as if it was free P+P

They sell Lulu Guinness bags in the best of stores so I had heard of them - Harrods, Fortnum and Mason and House of Fraser so they are certainly not exclusive to QVC like some brands. And of course in her own shops.

I regularly go into my local House of Fraser to drool over them - choose the styles I like and then buy them in the LG sale direct :wink: I do the same with the Mulberry bags but have never managed to justify spending that sort of money - yet!

Hi Rosey,

It's probably fortunate that I don't have immediate access to a shop that sells Lulu's bags.......but then again, there's always the internet! :happy:

I paid a smidge under £250 (on two EPs) so it's not gone up a huge amount.

Genius I thought SB ;) hehe!!

That sounds lovely Rosey! I love the wheel at night, I prefer it to the day, it's fab. Hubby hates shopping about as much as me, but I would like a little wander around some of the nicer establishments as I haven't been there in years. I may persuade him to come to just a select few, I'll bribe him with food or beer - that usually does the trick! :rolleyes:

We struck a good deal when we went last September. My husband was under no illusions that a visit to LG was one of the main reasons I wanted to go so on the first day we went to her store first and then walked to Burlington Arcade via Harrods, Oxford Street and Regent Street (didn't go in many others shops though apart from Libertys!). He was happy in Burlington Arcade because he is a watch fanatic and they have some very posh watch stores in there so at least he could window shop (so that was my sweetener!). Pity that it was before Lulu opened the store there though. Our second day was all touristy stuff so a good balance, I thought. :happy:

Tinkerbelle, you are so so so lucky, just goggled that bag, and its
jaw dropping mouth open gorgesous. You have a good son, and
brought him up well, obviously. Happy using :handshake:

Tinkerbelle, you are so so so lucky, just goggled that bag, and its
jaw dropping mouth open gorgesous. You have a good son, and
brought him up well, obviously. Happy using :handshake:

I am very lucky. I must admit I cried when I opened it. He's a darling boy and always has been really generous. I tried to give him money towards it but he wouldn't accept it. I've used it every day since.

Bicester Village is wonderful!! I love it there but my credit card isn't so keen.

I've wanted a Mulberry since forever. I love the Bayswater but it's too big for me. Then I went into House of Fraser to look for a LG bag in raspberry. Went past the Mulberry and there was the small Bayswater in fuchsia. I nearly fell off my shoes. I was lusting after it and trying decide between it and the LG. Decided on the Mulberry but had to save up for it. Fortunately my son bought it for me for my recent BIG birthday. It is diiiiivine.

I wish either of my sons were like that. My eldest son (20) didn't even bother to send me a text to wish me happy mothers day - from the mobile phone which I PAY the bill on !!!!! So no chance of a card or a present :doh:

I have to make do with a box of thorntons chocolates normally from the youngest - but it is the thought that counts.

Latest posts

Back