"The Game"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

concordia

Easily Confused
Hi all, haven't been around Rocks much this week. Has anyone here won the prize on the "Game"? It seems to be the same as when it started, do they do a prize every day? Does it change? :1:

I had a go at the game on the night they announced it - I was pure rubbish, and I don't think I'll be back - I have enough addictions!
I suspect it will be passed around internet "gamers" all over the world (my company did a silly filling up your car game once and it was all over Japan before you could snap your fingers!) and they will be a darn sight better at it than any of us will!
So I'm waving farewell to my chance of a prize!

I think they're doing a prize every night at 7.00 pm - and it's either drawn from everyone who is logged on to Rocks at the time or everyone who has played the game and submitted their score, which from what was said the other night I don't think it has to be high enough to be on the leader board for you to be entered, so just because some people are ace and get really high scores doesn't mean that they will be the one to win the prize. I think that's how it works.

ETA: the last two nights they've tossed a coin to see whether the prize is drawn from those logged on or those who have played the game.

Have they abandoned the random generator prizes now then - in favour of the computer game?
(thought I must have missed the random draws this week?)

Have they abandoned the random generator prizes now then - in favour of the computer game?
(thought I must have missed the random draws this week?)

The last two nights they've only had one draw at 7.00 pm. Last night it was definitely from people who had played the game, not sure about the night before, but they're still random draws, either from those logged in, or those who've played the game.

I think they're doing a prize every night at 7.00 pm - and it's either drawn from everyone who is logged on to Rocks at the time or everyone who has played the game and submitted their score, which from what was said the other night I don't think it has to be high enough to be on the leader board for you to be entered, so just because some people are ace and get really high scores doesn't mean that they will be the one to win the prize. I think that's how it works.

ETA: the last two nights they've tossed a coin to see whether the prize is drawn from those logged on or those who have played the game.

That's interesting Rebecca, maybe I'll just have to log in and be rubbish every day just in case then!
Thanks, I presumed it would be the high score that won.

It's a bit confusing. I thought the leaderboard was new each day. But it looks like the prize is the same from day 1 and the leaderboard is as well. Does that mean that once you play you're in with a chance for the prize or do you have to play each day? The first time I tried it I only got about 3000ish points and it told me I'd qualified for the draw, so it's not based on who's best, thank goodness!
Of course I could always listen to the instructions!:53:

That's interesting Rebecca, maybe I'll just have to log in and be rubbish every day just in case then!
Thanks, I presumed it would be the high score that won.

It's definitely not the high score that wins - they'd end up giving the prize to the same few people over and over again!! I wouldn't stand a chance! I had a go the first night and got a fairly decent first score, but got worse and worse as the evening went on
thshocl.gif
(probably not helped that I got a bit addicted and was having to hold my eyes open with matchsticks by the time I dragged myself away
lol-1.gif
). Didn't have a go last night because I got frustrated in the end, but I will go and have another go today.

I liked the random prize for someone logged on the Rocks. At least I might win cos if it was based in the bliddy game I'd only get a booby prize :11:

My understanding was that if you had submitted a score for the game (and it didn't have to be a winning score) then you were entered for a prize, think that's what they meant. If not, I've got even less chance of winning a prize now!!!

:doggie:

That was my understanding too Mad4Gems. If it's based on your actual score though, I might as well give up!!!! :rolleyes:

As I suggested before, it might be worth considering reintroducing the competitions and then randomly picking a winner from all the correct answers. I actually enjoyed taking part and testing my gem knowledge (or lack of it :))

Latest posts

Back