Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TimeForTheTruth

Guest Shopper
Hi guys,
I used to work for Ideal World.
I haven't signed up to this site to show Ideal World in a negative light, but rather to answer a lot of the questions, and put right a lot of the assumptions you all make.

I am also not hear to defend Ideal World, but I just get annoyed seeing threads suggesting reasons for many things, knowing full well that they are incorrect.

Things such as:

-where presenters have gone
-why they sell hard at certain time
-why some presenters aren't on craft a lot
-why certain products are repeated a lot and not much is on each show
-why janice already had a charged "just in product", with her pictures on
-Loens relationship with Paul Brodel
-Why Paul Lavers isn't on screen as much as you would hope

Anything, please ask, and I will answer. I'd like to put ALL of your suspicions and questions right.

Thanks

Hi,

So why is it seem its the same Pick Of The Day over and over and over and over again, week after week?

The channel comes across as so boring because of this.

Hi,

So why is it seem its the same Pick Of The Day over and over and over and over again, week after week?

The channel comes across as so boring because of this.

As repetitive as it seems that it is the same Pick Of The Day ("POD" to Ideal crew), it is purely and simply sales figures. I agree that the same products come out time and time again, but it's because they make the most "PPM", Pounds Per Minute. Someone on here stated that they saw christmas decorations on the website and would like to see them on TV, but its just feasible. They would have to sell so much more of these per hour, at a much lower profit margin. In a normal shop, this isn't a problem, but the cost of TV means they go for the high money makers time and time again. For example, on one hour show there are 3-4 camera crew, a floor technician, a floor manager, a presenter, a guest, a producer, an assistant producer, a graphics operator, a sound operator, a racking operator. That's without the general running costs of lighting a TV studio etc. This is just the tip of the ice berg with costs regarding TV and therefore, the higher profit products keep coming out.

I do feel your frustration. If you think you've watched Halogen Oven shows, imagine how many I have seen?! :)

Can you just answer all the things you put in your 'such as' list please TimeForTheTruth- welcome by the way.

It would take me forever to go through everything I have so far seen. Please ask specifics and I will answer :)

As repetitive as it seems that it is the same Pick Of The Day ("POD" to Ideal crew), it is purely and simply sales figures. I agree that the same products come out time and time again, but it's because they make the most "PPM", Pounds Per Minute. Someone on here stated that they saw christmas decorations on the website and would like to see them on TV, but its just feasible. They would have to sell so much more of these per hour, at a much lower profit margin. In a normal shop, this isn't a problem, but the cost of TV means they go for the high money makers time and time again. For example, on one hour show there are 3-4 camera crew, a floor technician, a floor manager, a presenter, a guest, a producer, an assistant producer, a graphics operator, a sound operator, a racking operator. That's without the general running costs of lighting a TV studio etc. This is just the tip of the ice berg with costs regarding TV and therefore, the higher profit products keep coming out.

And the presenters used to always say how shops on the High St have higher overheads than them :giggle:

Do you think Loen is a bit bossy with Andy? :smirk:

It's just Loens character on screen. Off screen between shows they are very much normal and are very much equal. They get on very well and look after each other. :)

So why are some presenters not on Craft a lot? Is it because their craft skills are limited?

Without trying to sound harsh, it may appear it for craft fans.
Unfortunately, some presenters (I won't name), dislike craft, and are not motivated by it. If they are not interested in it, they don't sell it so well, and therefore, it doesn't sell as well. A few presenters see craft as a demotion from Ideal World.
Apart from this, viewers feedback and forums are taken into account as to who presenters craft, along with the presenters sales figures in craft.

Loen relates to ladies buying make-up etc and therefore sells better in this area, and therefore gets put on Ideal World more than Craft. Presenters like Dean are "the housewives choice", are enthusiastic about craft on air, and are therefore on it more.

Hope this helps? If I haven't answered a specific, please reply and I will answer whatever you require.

Why is Paul Lavers doing voice overs for the pick of the days and not full time presenting? I find these announcements very annoying and have to press mute.

Who are the nicest presenters and who aren't so nice? :smirk: I want gossip

Who are the nicest presenters and who aren't so nice? :smirk: I want gossip

I'd prefer not to be negative, so the presenters/guests that are as they are on screen are Shaun, Lottie, Geneveive, Nigel and Dean and Debbie. These all have a lot of time for you, are grateful of your help and are a pleasure to work with.

Others have their "off-days" a bit more than most and can be hard work at times. But they are all polite still. The ones mentioned in the first paragraph take the time to get to know the backstage crew on a personal level, come on nights and out become friends.
Please feel free to keep asking :)

Thanks for answering, I like Debbie so am glad to hear she is nice off-screen too

Thanks for answering, I like Debbie so am glad to hear she is nice off-screen too

Debbie is one of the most lovely people you could ever hope to meet. Some presenters ignore you before a show. She will come and sit with you, ask about your day, crack jokes and genuinely care about you. She is a true professional.

Firstly welcome to the Forum :wave:! Why is Paul Lavers not on as often as he should be? Must admit I do not watch Ideal World like I used to, so I may have missed him when he has been presenting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back