Ex Ideal World Employee - Ask away! Anything        

       




Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 203
  1. #1
    TimeForTheTruth Guest

    Lightbulb Ex Ideal World Employee - Ask away! Anything

    Hi guys,
    I used to work for Ideal World.
    I haven't signed up to this site to show Ideal World in a negative light, but rather to answer a lot of the questions, and put right a lot of the assumptions you all make.

    I am also not hear to defend Ideal World, but I just get annoyed seeing threads suggesting reasons for many things, knowing full well that they are incorrect.



         

    Things such as:

    -where presenters have gone
    -why they sell hard at certain time
    -why some presenters aren't on craft a lot
    -why certain products are repeated a lot and not much is on each show
    -why janice already had a charged "just in product", with her pictures on
    -Loens relationship with Paul Brodel
    -Why Paul Lavers isn't on screen as much as you would hope

    Anything, please ask, and I will answer. I'd like to put ALL of your suspicions and questions right.

    Thanks

  2.      
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,343
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hi,

    So why is it seem its the same Pick Of The Day over and over and over and over again, week after week?

    The channel comes across as so boring because of this.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    On the phone/not the web!
    Posts
    7,041
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Is Andy Love even more gorgeous in the flesh?

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Greater Manchester
    Posts
    1,113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Can you just answer all the things you put in your 'such as' list please TimeForTheTruth- welcome by the way.

  6. #5
    TimeForTheTruth Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Hi,

    So why is it seem its the same Pick Of The Day over and over and over and over again, week after week?

    The channel comes across as so boring because of this.

    As repetitive as it seems that it is the same Pick Of The Day ("POD" to Ideal crew), it is purely and simply sales figures. I agree that the same products come out time and time again, but it's because they make the most "PPM", Pounds Per Minute. Someone on here stated that they saw christmas decorations on the website and would like to see them on TV, but its just feasible. They would have to sell so much more of these per hour, at a much lower profit margin. In a normal shop, this isn't a problem, but the cost of TV means they go for the high money makers time and time again. For example, on one hour show there are 3-4 camera crew, a floor technician, a floor manager, a presenter, a guest, a producer, an assistant producer, a graphics operator, a sound operator, a racking operator. That's without the general running costs of lighting a TV studio etc. This is just the tip of the ice berg with costs regarding TV and therefore, the higher profit products keep coming out.

    I do feel your frustration. If you think you've watched Halogen Oven shows, imagine how many I have seen?! :)

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    On the phone/not the web!
    Posts
    7,041
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Do you think Loen is a bit bossy with Andy? :smirk:

  8. #7
    TimeForTheTruth Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Pigs View Post
    Can you just answer all the things you put in your 'such as' list please TimeForTheTruth- welcome by the way.
    It would take me forever to go through everything I have so far seen. Please ask specifics and I will answer :)

  9. #8
    TimeForTheTruth Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mommabear View Post
    Is Andy Love even more gorgeous in the flesh?
    Haha. Andy is a very charming guy. I can't comment on him being gorgeous however!

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    On the phone/not the web!
    Posts
    7,041
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimeForTheTruth View Post
    As repetitive as it seems that it is the same Pick Of The Day ("POD" to Ideal crew), it is purely and simply sales figures. I agree that the same products come out time and time again, but it's because they make the most "PPM", Pounds Per Minute. Someone on here stated that they saw christmas decorations on the website and would like to see them on TV, but its just feasible. They would have to sell so much more of these per hour, at a much lower profit margin. In a normal shop, this isn't a problem, but the cost of TV means they go for the high money makers time and time again. For example, on one hour show there are 3-4 camera crew, a floor technician, a floor manager, a presenter, a guest, a producer, an assistant producer, a graphics operator, a sound operator, a racking operator. That's without the general running costs of lighting a TV studio etc. This is just the tip of the ice berg with costs regarding TV and therefore, the higher profit products keep coming out.

    And the presenters used to always say how shops on the High St have higher overheads than them :giggle:

  11. #10
    TimeForTheTruth Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mommabear View Post
    Do you think Loen is a bit bossy with Andy? :smirk:
    It's just Loens character on screen. Off screen between shows they are very much normal and are very much equal. They get on very well and look after each other. :)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •