Julia on 10pm Decleor show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

One of my tutors did Colour Me Beautiful and a few years ago at a charity event she needed volunteers.

They no longer do the Spring etc, I was classed as Soft Warm. My eyes change colour depending on what I am wearing bright blue or blue/green or blue/gray. She classed me as having multi toned eyes. My family history is Viking via the Orkneys and Kent. I was a natural blond as a child and darkened to a dark blond in later years.

I remember getting the Colour Me Beautiful book in the 80s and could not figure out what I was.

Don't suit white or black but winter whites and browns.

Your hair colour and eyes that can be bluey or green depending sound like me Donna. Self diagnosed myself via the above article earlier and came to the soft, warm option. Cant remember what season I was told in the 80s but think I was told pastels which I ve never liked wearing. That was wrong obviously as I choose colours from the soft warm palette instinctively.

Bright blue?? I used to know through work/drool over a guy with dark hair and bright bright blue eyes. Stunning creature what he was!

No, he was a Deputy Headmaster.
My mother said the blue eyes/ dark hair combo was Irish, but I don't know if that's fact or her observations.
An aunt (my mother's sister in fact) had dark brown eyes and very fair hair. Another combo that is striking.

yeh..think Georgie Best in his heyday, typical Celtic colouring I always thought!

There is flipside to that Bauble. I've got dark brown eyes with lots of visible eyelid and I can't really wear eyeshadow at all. My eyes look best with a flick of eyeliner and a bit of mascara. Too much eyeshadow looks wrong. its a bit boring!

I've got lots of visible eyelid too Tinks, which, if I wanted to wear eyeshadow, I would think better than having no visible lid, more like my DD!

Perhaps it's just me that can't wear eyeshadow lol. It's really only pale colours that work. I can wear darker colours in the crease but if I put them on the lid it doesn't work.

And I wasn't drooling over George Best either! I like 'em prettier than that.

No, he was a Deputy Headmaster.
My mother said the blue eyes/ dark hair combo was Irish, but I don't know if that's fact or her observations.
An aunt (my mother's sister in fact) had dark brown eyes and very fair hair. Another combo that is striking.

Yes you're right there minim, we have a saying here, an Irish beauty is black hair and blue eyes. Not me LOL ( Like George Best indeed)

A boy I was in school with had the most peculiar colour I'd ever seen. They were the colour of marmalade, I kid you not!

Would like to see him min.

Amber Eye Color
Amber-colored eyes are often called "wolf eyes" because they resemble the pigment of those in wolves. This eye color consists of a golden or yellow pigment with a bit of copper and rust tint. Lipochrome, the name of the yellow pigment, is extremely rare and as a result few people have this eye color.

Interesting about Lz Taylor's colouring:

Violet Eye Color

There are a couple different situations that lead to eyes appearing violet. When there is not enough pigment in the iris to cover blood vessels, the light that reflects off these vessels make the eyes appear violet. This can also occur if a person with blue eyes has reddish bloodshot eyes from irritation, making the eyes appear violet. If this second situation is the case, the violet color in the eyes is temporary.

ok ok, shades of blue but they still covered every colour. i never believed the violet eyed thing personally. she can't be the only person to have ever had purple eyes! i really like very pale blue eyes like kara tritton's. i know a lot of people don't like them and call them snake eyes but they do it for me.
Oh janie - she was famous for her violet eyes!
Dame Elizabeth Rosemond "Liz" Taylor, DBE (February 27, 1932 – March 23, 2011) was a British-born American[2] actress. From her early years as a child star with MGM, she became one of the great screen actresses of Hollywood's Golden Age. As one of the world's most famous film stars, Taylor was recognized for her acting ability and for her glamorous lifestyle, beauty, and distinctive violet eyes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Taylor

One of my tutors did Colour Me Beautiful and a few years ago at a charity event she needed volunteers.
They no longer do the Spring etc, I was classed as Soft Warm. My eyes change colour depending on what I am wearing bright blue or blue/green or blue/gray. She classed me as having multi toned eyes. My family history is Viking via the Orkneys and Kent. I was a natural blond as a child and darkened to a dark blond in later years.
I remember getting the Colour Me Beautiful book in the 80s and could not figure out what I was.

Don't suit white or black but winter whites and browns.

Your colouring sounds very similar to mine Donna. Like you my eyes can look blue/grey or green but I've also got flashes of yellow too - the she-wolf in me Himself says .... fearfully lol
I thought maybe I had Saxon in me as most of my lot came from England to Wales.
I tend to live in black.

Last edited:
Perhaps it's just me that can't wear eyeshadow lol. It's really only pale colours that work. I can wear darker colours in the crease but if I put them on the lid it doesn't work.

And I wasn't drooling over George Best either! I like 'em prettier than that.

Ooh, I liked him in his (and my!) younger days..I like 'em a bit rugged!

Eye shadow doesn't really work on me at all now, it just shows up the crepey lids, so I just apply the Laura Geller eye spackle to lighten them up - ah the joys of getting old..!

Latest posts

Back