Julia on 10pm Decleor show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julia mentioned in the Decleor hour about the bags under her eyes being hereditary! Anyone else hear that?

I didn't hear that but I remember a conversation Ali Young had with Lulu when Lulu was trying to flog her eye cream.
Lulu said that she was shocked at one of the presenter's eye bags and Ali said that the presenter was surfactant (a foaming agent) sensitive.

I didn't hear that but I remember a conversation Ali Young had with Lulu when Lulu was trying to flog her eye cream.
Lulu said that she was shocked at one of the presenter's eye bags and Ali said that the presenter was surfactant (a foaming

Lulu's got a ****** cheek. One thing to think it but to say it on air!!!

I like purple eyeshadow too Tinks, and being a "winter" it is one of my colours..however, on my eyelids, it's a definite no-no! I save it for scarves, bags, tops, but not on eyes!

Ooo wonder what season I am? How did you find out?

I can't really wear heavy eyeshadow of any colour. You can see quite a lot of eyelid on me. And quite a lot of brow bone too. So too much eyeshadow looks funny. Purple would make me look like I'd had a whack in the eye. A quick wash of colour is all I can manage. Still ... saves time and money. :eek:)

Lulu said that she was shocked at one of the presenter's eye bags and Ali said that the presenter was surfactant (a foaming agent) sensitive.

Proof,if it were needed, that Lulu is a cow.

Min ... does the surfectant issue cause eye bags?? That's a bit ****** rough if it does.

I personally hope Julia never reads this forum.

Lulu said that she was shocked at one of the presenter's eye bags and Ali said that the presenter was surfactant (a foaming

Lulu's got a ****** cheek. One thing to think it but to say it on air!!!

Well naturally, Lulu wants you to buy her eye goop above anyone elses.

On another occasion, Julia was the presenter on with Keeley (Elemis).
Bells & whistles - new eye gel! Had Julia used the sample she was given?
Sadly, Julia had not explaining she had to be very careful with what she used around her eyes.
Lol - one huffy, puffy, sulky Keeley who just could not imagine why Julia had not used it

Keleey does tend to get very huffy and puffy if anyone dare question the magical properties of her products.

Min ... does the surfectant issue cause eye bags?? That's a bit ****** rough if it does.

I personally hope Julia never reads this forum.

I would say 'Yes'
It caused allergic conjunctivitis (pink eye). I looked a bit like Christopher Lee in 'Dracula' lol
My eyes watered more by the day and became very puffy. I had no idea it was a long term allergic reaction. The skin around my eyes deteriorated dramatically and I tried no end of gels/ creams (as you do) not realising that I was contributing to the problem because not only am I allergic to SLS/ SLES but also certain plant oils and fragrances. The bummer was when the doctor prescribed anti-histamine tablets and eye drops - I was allergic to the bluddy preservative in the eye drops!

Personally I admire Julia for NOT going under the knife. She seems to be confident in herself and why not. She's an attractive lady. And I'm going to stop kissing her bum now as believe it or not I'm actually not keen on her as a presenter.

Jac xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I admire Julia for NOT going under the knife. She seems to be confident in herself and why not. She's an attractive lady. And I'm going to stop kissing her bum now as believe it or not I'm actually not keen on her as a presenter.

Jac xxx

She said yesterday that she's 56. I reckon she's had some kind of intervention. Unless she is very lucky and has inherited some and
antisag genes from a relative

I think she does what a lot of women do, wear the make up they did 20 years ago assuming it makes you look younger.

Personally I think both Debbie G and Kathy look much younger than Julia and i think they're around the same age. I think this is because they seem comfortable with how they look. Julia always seems to try a bit to hard in order to look younger.

This isn't a criticism of her as I don't mind her, just an observation.

I think Kathy and Debbie G are nearer the 50 than mid 50s mark so she probably has a few years on them.

I must admit I recently changed my eye make-up having worn and liked the same colours for years I actually realised when i tried somethig else that what i had been using doesn't suit me lol what a fool :) and was a bit ageing too

RE Julia I know she talks about sensitivities but she uses all manner of things that I wouldn't go near due to the fear that my facial skin will combust and then fall off such as some of the the decleor, elemis items and now loccitane divine cream she uses . i do think she has been looking even better than usual recently and she says she is using the loccitane divine cream but it's full of fragrance, silicones, alcohol (i tihnk) and is not really very natural so she must be ok with those ingredients, essential oils in decleor and so on. I don't doubt her issues I'm just not sure what they are as she only refers to very sensitive skin and i think she has referred to eczema in the past. To be fair to her too it's none of my bloomin business I guess and lathough she does talk about patch testing and says if something is OK for her she does always emphasise that everyone is always different and should patch test for themselves.

Last edited:
Ooo wonder what season I am? How did you find out?

I can't really wear heavy eyeshadow of any colour. You can see quite a lot of eyelid on me. And quite a lot of brow bone too. So too much eyeshadow looks funny. Purple would make me look like I'd had a whack in the eye. A quick wash of colour is all I can manage. Still ... saves time and money. :eek:)

I had a book first of all Tinks and I was soon sorted - I've always loved purples and hot pinks and teals and in a lot of cases people do gravitate towards the colours that suit them - obviously there are exceptions! :cheeky: Look at the palms of your hands - pink or yellow undertones? Pink and you'll most likely be winter or summer, yellow would be spring or autumn. My step DD paid for me to have my colours done professionally for my 60th and it was a nice day - lunch thrown in, and I would thoroughly recommend to anyone who fancies it...if you're not already wearing "your" colours you'll be amazed at how much better you can look in them.

Is this the "colour me beautiful" system? I went to one of those parties in the 80s and the hostess was draping colour swatches over us and their was a book which I bought but have since lost. Cant even remember what colour Im suppossed to be now!

I'm a spring...yellow based skin, my sister a summer pinky...we had ours done in Canada about 25 years ago, I think with a "colour me beautiful" consultant. Mind you when I dyed my hair dark brown and auburn I gravitated towards more Autumn colours.

You can probably order a CMB book at your library and do it yourself.

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back