Julia on 10pm Decleor show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had mine done about 25 years ago by a colour me beautiful consultant - I was an autumn apparently. Do you think that we change "season" as we age or stay the same always?

I had mine done about 25 years ago by a colour me beautiful consultant - I was an autumn apparently. Do you think that we change "season" as we age or stay the same always?
Never had mine done, but i'd say after 25 years you might be due
another, as im sure you're skin tone etc has changed. Treat yourself and get it done, never mind another kipling bag LOL :cheeky:

Never had mine done, but i'd say after 25 years you might be due
another, as im sure you're skin tone etc has changed. Treat yourself and get it done, never mind another kipling bag LOL :cheeky:
Yes, I wouldnt mind having it done again, however I have not seen it advertised in years so dont really know where to go - I'm off to google it! Oh and btw very cheeky!!!!!!!!!haha (cant I have both:sad:)

Is this the "colour me beautiful" system? I went to one of those parties in the 80s and the hostess was draping colour swatches over us and their was a book which I bought but have since lost. Cant even remember what colour Im suppossed to be now!

Yep..by Mary Spillane I think - never heard of a party, but a good system and prob cheaper than buying a whole day (even with lunch!)

Well I'm older but still wear my colours to good effect with silver hair - they bring me alive, as it were. I was told by my consultant (House of Colour) when I asked if I should now mute my hot pink lipsticks that once a colour suits you, it suits you, so I'm still with it - I can't do nude lipgloss I'm afraid, not without looking like a corpse!

This is my first post on anything to do with Julia - and maybe unrelated, as much as I did see the show, but she is stunning for a mature lady. She really is gorgeous. She seems to get better with age. And I am a woman! Can I say a young woman?! (don't feel it). She does trip up with some of her shoe choices and odd fashion choices though occasionally - makes me laugh! But still, if I look anything like her at her age, I'd be happy. Gorgeous lady.

This is my first post on anything to do with Julia - and maybe unrelated, as much as I did see the show, but she is stunning for a mature lady. She really is gorgeous. She seems to get better with age. And I am a woman! Can I say a young woman?! (don't feel it). She does trip up with some of her shoe choices and odd fashion choices though occasionally - makes me laugh! But still, if I look anything like her at her age, I'd be happy. Gorgeous lady.

Hello Seesee, its great that you admire Julia but have no fear, Im sure youll look gorgeous in later years yourself. I know several women in their mid 50s who are every bit as slim, and attactive and "young" looking, whatever that means, so she is by no means exceptional.

Oh I'm definitely yellow undertones. I'm olive skinned so really it's a bit more of a case of green undertones lol. I'll see if I can get a book. Just would be interesting.

I know I don't look good in muted greens. They make me look unwell. But I've never tried a zingy lime green.

I "think" I look best in quite distinct colours rather than washy colours. So black, white rather than grey or cream. Bright pink not baby pink. Purple not lilac. But of course I could be taking out of my hat.

Like most women who work in an office ... who come with a size 18 backside ... I wear a lot of black. But I can wear black head to toe and not looked drained or pale.

usually only winters who can get away with black head to toe, so you're unusual if you've yellow undertones - maybe you're a hybrid! Perhaps you're a spring if you need brights rather than muteds..my DD is a summer, so same colours as me, more or less, but muted, not bright..

I need to read this blinking book ... lol. Perhaps I've been wearing head to toe black for years and looking awful.

Tinks...it does of course depend on ethnicity too...people of Asian/African descent are usually always winters, even with a yellow undertone, I've been talking Caucasian as that's what I am..! And I hope I'm not going to be pilloried and called a racist now!

I has my colours done a few years ago and I am also a winter. To be honest I think that if you can afford it you should get them done by a professional as I had a book on it and I'd got it completely wrong. The lady that did my colours did say that I was quite tricky (but she may have been saying that to save me from feeling stupid) as she normally has a good idea about people as soon as they walk through the door but she had to actually see the colours on me.

I have to say I was always really sceptical and only went along because it was a present from my sister but it made such a difference. I always had what I thought was very dull discoloured skin, especially on my chin and I was always trying new exfoliators etc. Once the new colours were on the discolouration was gone and I actually appear to have very clear, bright skin. Best of all people thought I'd lost weight!

A friend had her colours done some years ago and was told that reds, particularly tomato-ey red, were perfect for her. She follows this advice blindly but, unfortunately, she has a very florid complexion - due to 40 years of playing hockey in all weathers and the usual refreshment in the clubhouse afterwards - and it really doesn't suit her.

i must be the only person who thinks it's another money making scam then.

i went to a colours party years ago so fortunately didn't pay for the pleasure. i almost didn't go because it was just as my divorce started and i'd cried all day and felt and looked a wreck but my neighbours persuaded me. the woman doing it prowled around looking for victims when she arrived. despite picking me out as her spring, she grabbed a chunk of my hair and said 'why have you got those AWFUL blonde highlights???' i felt humiliated and stupid - i'd had it done to try and cheer myself up and boost my confidence a bit. all knocked down in an instant by this vile woman. she sighed and decided she'd use me anyway. i said i didn't feel very well and would really prefer not to - there were about 30 people there so not exactly short of victims. she wouldn't have any of it and bullied me into sitting up the front with the other 'seasons' while she put bits of couloured cloth round our necks and everone oohed and ahhed. (obviously if i hadn't been young and vulnerable i'd have told her in no uncertain terms to sling her hook).

complete load of rot - i don't need to buy a book and a pack of cloth swatches to know if i like the pink or the red - i just look in the mirror.

I've had a quick look on the net but its a but confusing. I have no pink tones in my skin at all when it comes to make up but they're saying that if you're olive skinned you're most likely to be cool. And that absolutely makes sense because I am far better in crisp white than cream.

But I am always tanned so perhaps I need to be looking at a bit of skin that isn't tanned.

Janie I just think its a bit of fun. Although yours didn't sound much ****** fun. Downright unkind in fact. I'd have smacked her in the eye to see if the bruise was a good colour for her.

I has my colours done a few years ago and I am also a winter. To be honest I think that if you can afford it you should get them done by a professional as I had a book on it and I'd got it completely wrong. The lady that did my colours did say that I was quite tricky (but she may have been saying that to save me from feeling stupid) as she normally has a good idea about people as soon as they walk through the door but she had to actually see the colours on me.

I have to say I was always really sceptical and only went along because it was a present from my sister but it made such a difference. I always had what I thought was very dull discoloured skin, especially on my chin and I was always trying new exfoliators etc. Once the new colours were on the discolouration was gone and I actually appear to have very clear, bright skin. Best of all people thought I'd lost weight!

Glad you got sorted Charlie! As soon as DD and I walked in our lady would know I knew what I was, as I was dressed in a white/multi top in bright colours, and purple cardi, so I'd done her job for her really! DD tho was more like you, she took a bit more work to make sure she got her slotted into her right season. I too think it's worth having done, tho not perhaps the party idea in view of Janie's experience!

i must be the only person who thinks it's another money making scam then.

i went to a colours party years ago so fortunately didn't pay for the pleasure. i almost didn't go because it was just as my divorce started and i'd cried all day and felt and looked a wreck but my neighbours persuaded me. the woman doing it prowled around looking for victims when she arrived. despite picking me out as her spring, she grabbed a chunk of my hair and said 'why have you got those AWFUL blonde highlights???' i felt humiliated and stupid - i'd had it done to try and cheer myself up and boost my confidence a bit. all knocked down in an instant by this vile woman. she sighed and decided she'd use me anyway. i said i didn't feel very well and would really prefer not to - there were about 30 people there so not exactly short of victims. she wouldn't have any of it and bullied me into sitting up the front with the other 'seasons' while she put bits of couloured cloth round our necks and everone oohed and ahhed. (obviously if i hadn't been young and vulnerable i'd have told her in no uncertain terms to sling her hook).

complete load of rot - i don't need to buy a book and a pack of cloth swatches to know if i like the pink or the red - i just look in the mirror.

No not just you. I was about to post the same ss your last lime.

Latest posts

Back