Smaller sizes not catered for.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

:mysmilie_849:

Bet they never said a word about that & yet the one time they had an OTO that was only available in the smaller sizes, Debbie Flint was virtually grovelling on the floor alopogising (repeatedly!) to her 'larger ladies' (her words!) & saying (repeatedly!) how terribly sorry she was that there was nothing available for them!
Err, hello, so I don't count then? In QVC's eyes, basically no, not at all, sure showed where they think their target audience lies size wise; normally I couldn't really give a stuff about feeling 'undervalued' by a poxy shopping channel as they don't actually give a flying whatsit about any of us really but on that occasion, I have to admit to feeling more than a little miffed tbh!

Charmed I'm sure QVC! :mysmilie_849:

:bear: I was saying that on OTO, they should bring sizes for all and not just one size.

I'd say extremes at both end of the size spectrum are not catered for unfortunately, you don't tend to see high street size 6 or smaller and you don't tend to see a high street 26 or larger. I've seen OTO only available in smaller sizes as well as only larger sizes. I think we tend to only notice what affects us so if you are a size XS and the OTO is in that size you wont necessarily register that it's not available in 3XL for example. You will notice if the OTO is not in your size though.

I sympathise but it's tough if you're over a size 20 on the high street. Your options are really limited. At an 18/20 I can shop pretty much anywhere other than the teen shops.

I'm not complaining. I'm just saying that QVC caters more for larger ladies than the high street but it should also cater more for petites. Perhaps that's the influence of the US centric fashion brands.

Size 18/20 probably is petite to the US market ....

:bear: I was saying that on OTO, they should bring sizes for all and not just one size.

Of course they should, the miserable turnips! lol

Generally however, there is nuffin' for us lickle people.....that's partly lickle as in height wise btw! (I'm only 5 foot 1!) lol Unless you want Kim from Montreal's offerings in petite....which I don't!

Half the time it's like we don't exist, us shorties, especially in the smaller sizes - good job I think that 99.9999999% of QVC 'fashion' stinks away! LOL

Hurray for Next, sitting here in my perfectly fitting (as in not falling off the shoulders or gaping at the back of the neck 'cos too wide, not so long it's like a dress, not with sleeves so long it looks like I have no arms, etc. etc.!) 'petite' size 10 tunic........& New Look leggings that are supposed to be ankle length & are just right on me to cover my ankle bones so I don't get chilly! LOL

Mahoosive sizes aren't catered for either. Due to a mixture of mental and physical health issues, medication, and just plain overeating, I am a size 28 and can't get any "fashion" from the Q. Not that there's much I'd get even if I could squeeze my big gut in it lol.

:mysmilie_5::rock:

Mahoosive sizes aren't catered for either. Due to a mixture of mental and physical health issues, medication, and just plain overeating, I am a size 28 and can't get any "fashion" from the Q. Not that there's much I'd get even if I could squeeze my big gut in it lol.

:mysmilie_5::rock:

Similar problem then, though I think we'd both agree that 'QVC fashion' is something of an oxymoron anyway! lol

I do sympathise at not being able to find stuff, the amount of times I've tried on umpteen items in shops, only to turn round & see a huge gape at the back of the neck because it's ridiculously too wide on the shoulders, it piddles one off something rotten so it does!
One of the DDs is also a petite framed (as in genuinely in proportion to her small height, not just scrawny! lol) short ar$e like me & has the same problem, even brands that do have a petite range often have a very limited (or non-existent!) selection in their actual shops, you have to order online & they only ever seem to have about 3 of anything on there.....if you're lucky! Arrgghh!

A few times I've put things in my QVC basket, only to take them out again having taken a second look at the model & realising, that compared to me anyway, said model had shoulders like an Olympic swimmer, so not a hope in hell of it fitting me!
Pretty sure the Kim & Co. Petite range would fit, I just can't face (or literally wear!) the blasted poly stuff she insists on making everything out of! (Yeah, peeps mock the designs but I like some of 'em & as I hardly ever leave the house anyway, nobody would actually see me! lol)

Similar problem then, though I think we'd both agree that 'QVC fashion' is something of an oxymoron anyway! lol

I do sympathise at not being able to find stuff, the amount of times I've tried on umpteen items in shops, only to turn round & see a huge gape at the back of the neck because it's ridiculously too wide on the shoulders, it piddles one off something rotten so it does!
One of the DDs is also a petite framed (as in genuinely in proportion to her small height, not just scrawny! lol) short ar$e like me & has the same problem, even brands that do have a petite range often have a very limited (or non-existent!) selection in their actual shops, you have to order online & they only ever seem to have about 3 of anything on there.....if you're lucky! Arrgghh!

A few times I've put things in my QVC basket, only to take them out again having taken a second look at the model & realising, that compared to me anyway, said model had shoulders like an Olympic swimmer, so not a hope in hell of it fitting me!
Pretty sure the Kim & Co. Petite range would fit, I just can't face (or literally wear!) the blasted poly stuff she insists on making everything out of! (Yeah, peeps mock the designs but I like some of 'em & as I hardly ever leave the house anyway, nobody would actually see me! lol)

The only thing I wish I could get in was some of the Carol Hochman PJ's...they look so cozy!

Clothes sizes are all out these days due to vanity sizing. 15 years ago size 12 was 34" bust and 26" waist. Thats probably a size 8 now. Im still a size 12 but my waist is now 30".

Of course they should, the miserable turnips! lol

Generally however, there is nuffin' for us lickle people.....that's partly lickle as in height wise btw! (I'm only 5 foot 1!) lol Unless you want Kim from Montreal's offerings in petite....which I don't!

Half the time it's like we don't exist, us shorties, especially in the smaller sizes - good job I think that 99.9999999% of QVC 'fashion' stinks away! LOL

Hurray for Next, sitting here in my perfectly fitting (as in not falling off the shoulders or gaping at the back of the neck 'cos too wide, not so long it's like a dress, not with sleeves so long it looks like I have no arms, etc. etc.!) 'petite' size 10 tunic........& New Look leggings that are supposed to be ankle length & are just right on me to cover my ankle bones so I don't get chilly! LOL

I buy a lot from Zara although their sizing is all up the pole. Up to a year ago I was a size 16 and even XL wouldn't go anywhere near me. I'm now an 8 in most ranges but a small/sometimes even medium in Zara. Trousers are out of the question though, way too long for me.

I buy a lot from Zara although their sizing is all up the pole. Up to a year ago I was a size 16 and even XL wouldn't go anywhere near me. I'm now an 8 in most ranges but a small/sometimes even medium in Zara. Trousers are out of the question though, way too long for me.

Ya for me too They are 34 size available and I need smaller.

i don't know if they're any good becaus ei'm not petite but asda george have quite a big petite range.

i don't know if they're any good becaus ei'm not petite but asda george have quite a big petite range.

Thanks i do buy lot from Asda . Walls also have a good petite range.
Its Q who have no concept of what petite means.

Trouser lengths are an issue, but my biggest problem is sleeve length.

My arms don't seem particularly short but I'm sick of turning jumper cuffs two or three times, and my seamstress friend must be equally fed up removing cuffs from shirts, coats etc and shortening for me.

There seems to be lots of ¾ sleeves around at the moment, so I'm very happy at the moment! :sun:

My arms don't seem particularly short but I'm sick of turning jumper cuffs two or three times, and my seamstress friend must be equally fed up removing cuffs from shirts, coats etc and shortening for me.

There seems to be lots of ¾ sleeves around at the moment, so I'm very happy at the moment! :sun:

same here but i think that's partly due to that weird fashion of wearing 'em to your knuckles.

I'm 5'4 and last summer decided I could get away with wearing a dress from Long Tall Sally that everyone told me looked so nice. Well, after I saw the photos of me in it I am never wearing it again. I made the mistake of thinking it is mainly the hemline that is longer on tall clothes but it is everything, waist etc...gosh those photos were a shock, you know those days when you thought you looked really nice at that time :mysmilie_516:

Latest posts

Back