Alison Young on Bobbi Brown show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Way too much shimmer on the cheeks,have actually gone off this range.
Lynn
I agree, it used to give that lovely, healthy Ive just been for a walk in the country (or done any other vigorous activity!) look but lately just looks like any other range and very expensive. Maybe its cos Paul isnt doing the demos.

I've gone off it too. I prefer Mally eyeliner and have just thrown my eyeliner pot away. The mascara gave me panda eyes by the end of the day. The lipgloss is just "meh", the lipsticks are drying and smell like wax crayons. The only thing I kept is the foundation stick. The shimmer bricks are overrated, and variable in the finish depending on the shade.

I only have 1 make up bag containing 80% Mally. Apart from that I have just 4 Laura Geller products, 2 Avon, 1 YBF, 1 Chanel and 1 Bobbi Brown.

AY looks like she has a suntan do something must have gone badly wrong.

AY Overcooked

I cant remember which genius forumite likened AY to Brian Connolly from The Sweet but tonight more than ever....

image.jpgimage.jpg

And how much slap as she got on? She looks like a lobster in a wig.

I too have switched to Mally. The BB gel eyeliners have gone, I have kept the cream blusher and the moisture rich foundation (best I've found) but the rest has gone. I just dug out a red lippie for the weekend and it's so wishy washy :-( Am in love with Mally's eyeliners and lip gloss pencils -much better quality in my opinion :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Is that model Frankie? She has the shimmer brick on in bronze. It looks truly awful when the camera does a close up. What's that cheap bronzer called that they sell in superdrug (the one they did in the 80's). It looks like that. Bugging me that I can't remember!

I still love my Bobbi Brown, but i don't plaster it on like they are doing on the demos. Don't forget folks, Allison has a new BB guest to impress tonight, quite a glamorous one too.

The Shimmer brick is the thing I don't like and its the one thing that Allison seems to trowel on.

AY goes on about the Bobbi philosophy of less is more. Then she comes on air like that!!!!!!

I will say Urban Decay 24/7 Glide eyeliners, soft easy to use and they really stay on.

I too have switched to Mally. The BB gel eyeliners have gone, I have kept the cream blusher and the moisture rich foundation (best I've found) but the rest has gone. I just dug out a red lippie for the weekend and it's so wishy washy :-( Am in love with Mally's eyeliners and lip gloss pencils -much better quality in my opinion :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Do the Mally eyeliners stay on all day? I find pencils never seem to last on me and prefer gel type ones or liquid ones, was going to try BB but these comments have put me off. Any recommendations would be appreciated, I don't like bare minerals one either, thanks

Hello ladies and gents - I assume men come on here too?! I'm brand new to this but have been watching and reading for ages, but finally got off my aXX as decided to add my pounds worth. I watch QVC since becoming unemployed, and it has become by guilty pleasure! And boy do I have my opinions on those presenters..... Jesus! Ally Y did look made up, and Frankie too. They both look like they have been severely over bronzed. And whats with Ally Y being so rude to Georgie of Bobbi Brown? She is a snidey one is that Ally - reminds me of the funny school bully though! Shouldn't laugh.. But....

Nice to meet you all x

Do the Mally eyeliners stay on all day? I find pencils never seem to last on me and prefer gel type ones or liquid ones, was going to try BB but these comments have put me off. Any recommendations would be appreciated, I don't like bare minerals one either, thanks

Yes they do. I won't say bulletproof. Bugger, I just did.

Me too. I've kept my BB gel eyeliner - have just bought Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer (I tried my daughter's and its the best eye primer I've used because it works!) - in the hope that it lasts better with a primer underneath. I sold a job lot of (used) makeup on Ebay over the weekend including 2 shimmer bricks. Can you believe that people will buy used makeup? (I had listed them as used and stated they were scrupulously clean, but still...) They might look great on a teenager or young woman but they look awful on my forty-something skin. They make me look shiny, pores look bigger and I've decided that shimmer is over for me now. Have to say AY not only looks like a tranny (and a badly done one at that) but she's so shiny she like a beacon in the night. Not a good look.

It was Tanya the make up artist from BB who did AY's make up!!! :cheeky:

I can't remember who (sorry). but someone once said AY looked like Rick Parfait from status quo. Hilarious!!
Who said it?

Latest posts

Back