How much does a watch weigh?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Itchy

Registered Shopper
I don't have any interest in Skagen watches, but £5.95 for P & P seems very high for the TSV. Do they arrive in really heavy boxes?

The Skagen watches do come in boxes but they're not the big chunky boxes you get with some of top end high street watches. Those boxes would warrant the postage prices.

Nearly six quid for postage is pretty high in my opinion, especially if you say the boxes are not thick and chunky. What a swiz!

Royal Mail prices for 2nd class for any small packet weighing up to 750g is £2.20. The watch and its box is unlikely to exceed 750g. So p&p of £5.95 seems a tad excessive.

Very unlikely to be delivered by a bliddy Viking. As much as they bang on about Denmark, Skagen is and always has been a US company. They were bought by Fossil earlier this who shut down the Skagen offices in Nevada and moved the lot to Texas.

So it could be delivered by pony express

ah, that explains why I found a Skagen store in a Florida "Outlet" mall. Prices seemed approx dollars for pounds (e.g. £100 would be $100).

How did a company set up in Nevada and then moved to Texas ever become associated with a cold and wet part of the world such as Denmark ?

I wondered why the guests and the voice-over in their ad have american accents. My illusions are shattered ! I'm obviously very gullible because time after time I believe all the guff these companies come out with on QVC until suddenly I realise they're talking a load of bullox and i feel let-down (I'm a sensitive soul !)

The people who set it up are from Denmark but moved to the US before starting Skagen. So there is a link but its not quite as it seems.

A bit like Cornish people moving to Newcastle to sell Cornish Pasties then ????

Like Erics Mum, not knowing, but grateful for this information, I feel annoyed with myself for being gullible enough to swallow the marketing ploy about 2 seas meeting and all that guff - more like 2 deserts overlapping with a lot of hot air in between !

I feel there must be a Trades Description 'thing' going on here, because for all intents and purposes we are being fed the whole Danish 'bit', but the product has nothing to do with Denmark if its US owned.

I ordered (and returned) the last Skagen TSV and it arrived in a padded envelope.
Surprised me a little as they make a big thing out of the "beautiful packaging" - i.e. the Skagen boxing, then chuck it in a envelope so it arrives with the box bashed about.:taphead::doh:

I've bought a couple of Skagens, and I fell for the Denmark hype hook line and sinker. When I first saw them, I thought the guest had a Danish accent. She kept explaining that the trademark was the meeting of the two Danish seas.

It doesn't make any different to the watches, but I feel quite cheated now. It's like finding out that a Swiss watch is made in China.

Most people selling Cornish pasties round here most certainly aren't Cornish. Although I most certainly am. And no I don't mean I'm selling pasties!!

ah, that explains why I found a Skagen store in a Florida "Outlet" mall. Prices seemed approx dollars for pounds (e.g. £100 would be $100).

that often seems to be the case. definitely on ebay and qvc - what their price is in dollars, we get in pounds. then the american guests gasp at the price and say 'ohhhhh, this is soooo much more expensive at home!!' um, yeah right......

Latest posts

Back