What is the TSv tomorrow Nov 30th??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mmmmm I wonder what market QVC are aiming at this week with some of the TSV's, magnifying mirror and tweezers, reading glasses- basically 40 plus ladies! (and as one with rubbish eyesight, both have been tempting) I went on waitlist last year for these glasses but they never came back in stock, since then I have changed to heavier prescription glasses so they are no good for me.

Thanks for that janie. I didn't know you could buy the sunglasses separately. I've had 2 sets of the Hummingbird glasses from QVC before. (Not the TSV pack.) Although they looked quite sturdy both sets had to be returned because one of the arms came off on both sets. So I got a refund. I would like a pair of the sunglasses so I will check in asda.

they're not on the shelf with the 99p readers. in my local asdas they're not actually in the george department but they have a george label - they're on one of those 4 sided twirly things that they plonk anywhere and are easy to walk past. clear ones and tinted ones.

just wanted to say, as someone waiting to have high pressures investigated and who's mum went blind with glaucoma, i urge anyone over 40 to get their eyes checked properly by an optician. get your eye health checked and a proper prescription. you don't have to buy your glasses there.

they're not on the shelf with the 99p readers. in my local asdas they're not actually in the george department but they have a george label - they're on one of those 4 sided twirly things that they plonk anywhere and are easy to walk past. clear ones and tinted ones.

just wanted to say, as someone waiting to have high pressures investigated and who's mum went blind with glaucoma, i urge anyone over 40 to get their eyes checked properly by an optician. get your eye health checked and a proper prescription. you don't have to buy your glasses there.
Totally agree janie. I get mine checked in the opitician and know my strength. I have a good pair , but they were nearly £300.00 what with lenses, scratch resistant, and goodness knows what else on them, and they're too good to wear in work. I keep taking them of and on to
do things, so the cheaper pairs are good to just put in my pocket, and not worry about them breaking. Some of the handles have snapped of
the cheaper ones, but i'm not precious with them, so probably my fault. And i agree getting eyes tested is always best, don't guess. Hope it
goes well for your hospital appointment. :bear:

My prescription reading glasses that I use for work cost £30 from spec savers and I got a free eye test. I wear them at least 8 hours a day 5 days a week. It is easy to be talked up and end up spending a fortune in the opticians. I would pay more if I had to wear glasses for walking around.

I wear varifocals but principally for short sightedness so I don't wear them at work, just for driving and walking around in. However, these look great for when I just need an extra bit of help for reading instructions on bottles (I'm sure the print has got smaller!) and the sunglasses will be good for when I sit out with a book in the summer (what summer?) so I've gone for them because I particularly liked the blue ones and the sunglasses.

another thing - readers are ok if both your eyes are the same. quite often you might be +1.5 in one eye and +1.75 in the other say. headfaches and eyestrain lie ahead if you guess at these readers and don't wear the right ones.

I had to give in to the months of trying to read menus, food labels and holding my book at arms length.The opticIan gave me a thorough eye exam and welcomed me to middle age!!!! I only need 1.5 but got them as verifocals so that i can shop without putting them on and off the whole time. These Will be useful to have as spare and dare i say a fashion accessory .

I had my eyes lasered about 5 years ago.Best thing ever....although this winter,for the first time ever,I find the glare of all the lights and cars is hard for me.I feel also my left eye has deteriorated somewhat.So I went to specsavers and got my eyes checked out.I now wear anti-glare specs for driving with a slight prescription.Frames cost me £25 and the lenses due to the anti glare coating £30.I'm quite happy with that and its made me a lot more confident driving at night.

I too would rather be checked out *properly*,although I realise QVC's specs are more for reading.

another thing - readers are ok if both your eyes are the same. quite often you might be +1.5 in one eye and +1.75 in the other say. headfaches and eyestrain lie ahead if you guess at these readers and don't wear the right ones.
Yes I'm 2.5 in one eye and 2.75 in the other and that is why I have a pair of prescription glasses for work. In the evenings I use 2.5 readers as the optician said to use the lower magnification as 2.75 which would be the compromise are not easy to find in the pound shops.

Latest posts

Back