Thorntons TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

Spooky

Guest Shopper
Has anybody received their Thorntons TSV yet please? I ordered mine on the 22nd November and they say its still in the warehouse at Thorntons "in processing". But today is the 1st December!!!!!!!!! for goodness sake.

Nothing here either yet I ordered it soon after midnight. I did receive the usual automated email two days ago saying it had been despatched but it's not trackable so no way of checking where it is en route......I'm only in the next county too!!

yeah I ordered mine in the midnight hour too, I'll will let you know when it arrives.

I've just rung up CS and they said I have to wait until Tues for delivery, but quite how I can expect to get it through by Tuesday when its still sat in the warehouse and hasn't even been packed, let alone despatched, is anyones guess. After all I cannot see Thorntons are going to despatch on next day delivery when it was free P&P!

I ordered something on the 15th that only arrived yesterday, when I rang CS at the beginning of the week to query why it was still showing in process way after the 3-5 working days I was told that when items are dispatched direct from the manufacturer they show in process till they'd been delivered.

yeah I ordered mine in the midnight hour too, I'll will let you know when it arrives.

I've just rung up CS and they said I have to wait until Tues for delivery, but quite how I can expect to get it through by Tuesday when its still sat in the warehouse and hasn't even been packed, let alone despatched, is anyones guess. After all I cannot see Thorntons are going to despatch on next day delivery when it was free P&P!

Is it coming direct from Thorntons? If so they do send out for next day delivery, think it is Fed Ex they use when they do. Whether or not that is how they are sending the TSV I don't know but it is possible if it is sent today or Monday it will be with you by Tuesday.

ooh fab, thanks that Sazza, I will look out for a FedEx van then, I was assuming it would be Royal Mail as it' be cheaper.

But guess this I had an email from QVC about half an hour ago saying it was "despatched" on the "28th" Nov, hmmn! weird that, I chase, and then suddenly it goes from being in processing in Thorntons warehouse to having been despatched 3 days ago. But from that I would deduce it is not coming next day FedEx as it would have been two days ago lol. S'pose it is the start of the funny season where deliveries are concerned but you do start to feel that everybody is making it up as they go along. LOL

I'm just niggled as I wanted part of the order for a birthday treat that was today, so off to the shops I go instead.

Last time I ordered direct from Thorntons (a big order actually - about £60 quids worth) it was delivered by Hermes.

Hope it is Hermes as then at the same time they can take away my EMU slippers, who have been sat in the hall for the last week waiting to be collected! All the sheepskin is wearing away on the inside already, only had them a fortnight!, for £40+ I don't think so! Will buy myself a pair of slippers from Marks in a bit when I get my alternative Thorntons birthday gift - what joy shopping online is! hee hee

Mine says shipped yesterday and I ordered it in the afternoon of the TSV day. Royalmail has already delivered my amazon prime stuff ordered yesterday afternoon

Thank goodness, I am not the only person waiting for my Thorntons chocs - I thought it was just me! Hermes deliveries have been a nightmare just lately, I often have to wait well over a week and it's a different driver everytime, I have no idea how long I would have to wait if I still worked full-time and not at home most of the time. On a positive note though my Cozee Home TSV arrived yesterday, currently in the washing machine having the pre-use wash.

Mine was delivered today by the usual woman-in-a-car-for-a-bit-of-pocket-money-but-haven't-told-the-insurance-company-I'm-using-it-for-parcel-delivery. Ordered it on the midnight showing but since I've been busy, its not been a problem.

Oddly it had a Thornton's tape seal, not exactly I would call secure, rather than the wonderful and much cheaper QVC clear sellotape you need a knife to open.

Mine was delivered today by the usual woman-in-a-car-for-a-bit-of-pocket-money-but-haven't-told-the-insurance-company-I'm-using-it-for-parcel-delivery. Ordered it on the midnight showing but since I've been busy, its not been a problem.

Oddly it had a Thornton's tape seal, not exactly I would call secure, rather than the wonderful and much cheaper QVC clear sellotape you need a knife to open.

Yes, I must admit the packaging did leave a lot to be desired. Thankfully none of the boxes of chocolates were damaged as there wasn't enough internal packing to prevent them moving around and the tape seal across the top just pulled away easily. All looked like a rushed job to me!

Latest posts

Back