Pulling the wool

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
OPI 10 piece discovery collection. Twice I have watched a presentation of this set, split it for separate gifts, Secret Santa, blah blah blah. Close ups of the bottles but not with a hand or fingers on them. Just how small are these bottles that they won't show them in detail?

Tiddlers. I'll check the ml in the morning but I was moaning the other day that I could only get two or three manicures out of the minis. Cute gift and the wee avoplex is fab. I'm glad I tried the ChipSkip as it does get me an extra day or so.

OPI mini sizes are 3.75ml!!!

The new guest for OPI clearly needs more training as she got the Nail Envy regime wrong, said you put two coats on, then one coat every other day and do that for fortnight and then take it off..................erm no, it is a week not two!!! :wonder:

I have used the OPI minis before but to me they are more of a tester. After 2 manicures the wee brush doesn't reach the polish left in the bottle, rendering them useless! It's a good way of seeing if you like a colour on your own nails, and can then decide if you want the full size. I have went on and repurchased the full size once before (Brand New Skates, the perfect pewter) after being given a collection of minis as a gift.

I have used the OPI minis before but to me they are more of a tester. After 2 manicures the wee brush doesn't reach the polish left in the bottle, rendering them useless! It's a good way of seeing if you like a colour on your own nails, and can then decide if you want the full size. I have went on and repurchased the full size once before (Brand New Skates, the perfect pewter) after being given a collection of minis as a gift.

Same here for me. I bought this 10 piece specifically to try the Germany colours. Have repurchased Don't Pretzel My Buttons since as Emma loves it. The other colours are ok. I would have repurchased the Nein Nein one but have since bought Live and Let Die which is similar but has a bit of sparkle added to it.

Tiddlers. I'll check the ml in the morning but I was moaning the other day that I could only get two or three manicures out of the minis. Cute gift and the wee avoplex is fab. I'm glad I tried the ChipSkip as it does get me an extra day or so.

I tried the chipskip, it's rubbish my nails chipped the next day! :sad:

I think the full size bottles are 15 ml so the minis are less than one-third the size, which is really tiny.

I know it's naughty of me to compare their prices with USA prices, but I couldn't help doing just that when I was in Florida in Nov. The sets of 4 minis (incl the James Bond and Germany ranges) were approx £7.80 and regular size bottles £5.30. QVC are adding one full size lacquer to the 4 minis and charging £24 plus £3.95 p&p. £27.95. So much for their buying power.

I just cannot bring myself to buy OPI from QVC for this reason.

How can ThePresenters get away with saying you can get 10 manicures out of the minis? Out&out lie. Tweet 'em. Facebook 'em. LiarLiarPantsOnFire! x ImmatureSnarly

Latest posts

Back