General ridiculousness thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes I saw that!
hold on to your hat Pola, James is going to show us his dongle soon!

Nice to know it's not just my imagination :grin:

I've seen his dongle before :sleepy: :grin:

Nice to know it's not just my imagination :grin:

I've seen his dongle before :sleepy: :grin:

and he told me I was the only one he's shown his dongle to
what a tart
I feel used and violated!! :mysmilie_483::mysmilie_61:

Peter Simon has just claimed he uses Blue Magic cleaning solution on his TV Screen....:thinking:

Assuming he has a plasma or LCD i cant imagine that was a good idea whatsoever....

Peter probably has a massive, anologue, Ferguson TV set from a good 20 years ago in the hope if he tunes to BBC One long enough he'll appear on it.

"pinnochio" moment of the year - By courtesy of Sally "Pinnochio" Jacks

"London Treasures bracelets have gone for more than £50 on these channels in the past!" ...When Sally? 'cause I don't think I've ever seen them go for over a tenner!!!

Here's something ridiculous that may not have been mentioned elsewhere. It's the video clip they play in the background when someone like Mikey Mason's selling a telescope (as seen this evening), namely a repeating sequence of a planet followed by solar flares and a star exploding, etc.; irony being that you can't use a telescope to directly look at the nearest star (namely, the sun) because it's far too bright and you would damage your eyesight if you tried. Although galaxies, etc., were formed out of massive explosions millions of years ago (or so the theory goes), prospective stargazers will be bitterly disappointed if they expect to see anything as dramatic as what's shown in this video when they look through their new telescope :grin:

(Even though just seeing a fuzzy blob of Uranus should be a thrill in itself.)

Perhaps yet another one for the ASA, Trading Standards or whoever can be bothered to compile an ever-growing list of deceptions relating to these channels.

Even though just seeing a fuzzy blob of Uranus should be a thrill in itself.

I really wouldn't wanna see Mike's through any telescope. :puke:

Thanks Peter Sherlock for another boost to the general ridiculousness thread. He's demo'ing a handheld steam cleaner, and is telling us quite rightly that you can clean every room in the house with this, but then went onto say that we're being conned into buying separate bathroom and kitchen cleaning products 'cause bathroom dirt and kitchen dirt's the same, right?! I'll remember that when I'm next having a cr*p in the kitchen sink!!!! Seriously though, I'd say there's a hell of a difference, wouldn't you? lol!

OK, a quick bit of ridiculousness

Peter Simon was selling a chandelier (a lampshade with dangley bits!) tonight and he was giving us a insight into his childhood, 'perfect for a hallway, dining room, front room' etc. He said he comes from the days of big front rooms (eh??) and he remembers his front room was big with a door and a handle............astounding!!

OK, a quick bit of ridiculousness

Peter Simon was selling a chandelier (a lampshade with dangley bits!) tonight and he was giving us a insight into his childhood, 'perfect for a hallway, dining room, front room' etc. He said he comes from the days of big front rooms (eh??) and he remembers his front room was big with a door and a handle............astounding!!
#

Is he Alice in Wonderland in another life? :thinking:

Didn't know where to put this...

Mike is selling Miracle Vanish pens. He did a live demonstration where he scratched a car door with a Stanley knife and then used a Vanish pen on the scratch. However, his scratch was a bit too deep and was still quite visible after the pen had been used. They showed the before and after screen grabs a few times - each time with the scratch still visible on both grabs.

He then carried on talking. When they showed the before and after grabs the next time - the exact same screen grabs - the scratch had miraculously competely vanished.

Clearly some sort of basic computer wizzadry like Photoshop had been used to remove the offending scratch from the screen grab.

Last edited:
The ever annoying Andrea Maclean just came out with some garbage, she is selling a 3pc Cast Iron Cookware Set for £14.46

Quote 'you're going to come to me and get these because £14.46, well, that's better than a penny deal on cast iron'.

Not sure how she works that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back