Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

True, but with any high street shop, you are able to have a look at an item before you decide to buy. I'm certain I wouldn't have placed orders for a lot of the stuff I've bought from bid if I was able to see it, and handle it first. You rely so heavily on what the presenter tells you. I can see through most of the bullcrap I think, but I think if something is flimsy, I wish they could be a bit more honest. Either by putting the dimensions and weight in the text and using such words as fine, delicate, dainty, instead of stunning, beautiful, gorgeous - that tells the viewer nothing. The crappy necklace I bought was described as an investment piece - A downright lie, it's as much as an investment as a minuscule chip of a good piece of diamond is- worth sod all. Anyway, like I said lesson well and truly learned there!

It's a great shame but it does appear that Sit Up are the kind of company who are happy to meet the bare minimum requirements to comply with regulators and nothing more.

I was watching a sale on the V Channel recently for a pair of diamond earrings. They seemed to give a very detailed breakdown of the grading and it came with a certificate. I have no idea if they were worth the money but at least you got the information.

I was delighted there was little to no interest in Mason's Solitaire the other night. Nobody bought a really expensive 'Space Diamond' ring from Russell last night either, not one person.

I know he doesn't like us talking about it but does anyone know what was wrong with Peter last year?

Its been great to see him back to his old self this weekend having lots of fun, Its like the old days, now they just need to keep it up (Looks to other camera)

Also Peter's living arrangements have intrigued me for years but tonight he said I would be difficult to live with and then said about our Bet who is his soulmate and thanks for putting up with me or words to that effect, He also said about taking out a loan for new windows and now his house being compulse purchased for HS2 which Charlie thought was hilarious so Peter said can you just take your glasses off for a minute so I can poke you in the eye

Then at the end of the sell he got serious and said he had lived there for 30 odd years and wants to die there so he will be putting up a fight

Well I prefer to be entertained as I buy, guess that's why I don't watch any of the other shopping channels. But then, Bid isn't for everyone...

Well I prefer to be entertained as I buy, guess that's why I don't watch any of the other shopping channels. But then, Bid isn't for everyone...

Entertainment's nice, in fact I didn't realise how funny Paul Evers was till yesterday in the kitchen. Still wouldn't buy any of the tat off there though. If I buy off a shopping channel it's the more serious and informed QVC for me.

I know he doesn't like us talking about it but does anyone know what was wrong with Peter last year?

Its been great to see him back to his old self this weekend having lots of fun, Its like the old days, now they just need to keep it up (Looks to other camera)

Also Peter's living arrangements have intrigued me for years but tonight he said I would be difficult to live with and then said about our Bet who is his soulmate and thanks for putting up with me or words to that effect, He also said about taking out a loan for new windows and now his house being compulse purchased for HS2 which Charlie thought was hilarious so Peter said can you just take your glasses off for a minute so I can poke you in the eye

Then at the end of the sell he got serious and said he had lived there for 30 odd years and wants to die there so he will be putting up a fight

Not much of one. He was selling some storage bags the other night and said he was going to get some for when he moves.

Says the person whose main mission in life seems to be to convince us all that Bid are the epitome of fantabulousness? :wait:

Andy Hodgeson cracks me up! Peter Simon was doing a preview about what's coming up (Bs'ing as usual, calling it "Red Carpet Glamour" - haha whatever!). When he handed back Andy was pretending to be asleep and then said "has he finished yet?". He also said they allocate Peter 20secs for a preview while he takes about 6 minutes!

Hahaha we love you Andy- best at Bid by far!

Andy Hodgeson cracks me up! Peter Simon was doing a preview about what's coming up (Bs'ing as usual, calling it "Red Carpet Glamour" - haha whatever!). When he handed back Andy was pretending to be asleep and then said "has he finished yet?". He also said they allocate Peter 20secs for a preview while he takes about 6 minutes!

Hahaha we love you Andy- best at Bid by far!

Quite, did you see his puzzled face after Simon finished his second preview? Andy said 'it's like a home for the bewildered'. His bullshit took that long all Andy's Yonanas melted.

Now you know how we feel Andy :giggle:

Quite, did you see his puzzled face after Simon finished his second preview? Andy said 'it's like a home for the bewildered'. His bullshit took that long all Andy's Yonanas melted.

Now you know how we feel Andy :giggle:

I can empathise :wait:

Maybe Peter and 'Our Bet' is a bit like Norman Bates and his 'Mother' in Psycho?

Perhaps 'Bet' might demand handbags.

More like Peter, Our Bet and Kat Baker are alternate personalities of the same deranged person. :wonder:

The bag he is selling now is called the 'Mayfair'. What is it with all these ciggie brands?

Oh my word Peter, you are a Tom Pepper.

In respect of the 'Berkeley' purse 'what would you expect, £200, £220?' Piss off Peter, you are getting beyond a joke.

It went for £14.96 and they even had to do it on 3 easybuys :giggle:

Last edited:
He was getting very emotional doing the 'priscilla mojo' bag again. Started quoting from some show tune......'one singular sensation'!

He was getting very emotional doing the 'priscilla mojo' bag again. Started quoting from some show tune......'one singular sensation'!

He was also quoting a bit of Every Breath You Take by The Police, not really sure why.

He said he will probably get emotional when he sells the Kinkade masterpiece too.

Latest posts

Back