Mike Mason, lies, lies and more lies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Andy just sold the car mirror, exactly the same price as when Mason sells it but his pitch was like night and day to Mike's fright night.

He sold well over a hundred. It's a shame Mr Hodgson can't be cloned, the ASA complaints would stop in a flash.

Andy just sold the car mirror, exactly the same price as when Mason sells it but his pitch was like night and day to Mike's fright night.

He sold well over a hundred. It's a shame Mr Hodgson can't be cloned, the ASA complaints would stop in a flash.

I know what you mean Wirral, Andy has an individual style and although he's a salesman he doesn't come across as pushy or aggressive and he definitely doesn't give a much BS as some. I like him.
I saw Mike sell that panoramic mirror and he stated a couple of times that he wasn't scaremongering then proceeded to talk about not seeing a child in your blind spot and perhaps killing them (amongst other scenarios that resulted in maiming, disability or loss of life!) no Mike that's not scaremongering at all!
I actually get the feeling that he reads these threads or someone feeds it back to him.

I know what you mean Wirral, Andy has an individual style and although he's a salesman he doesn't come across as pushy or aggressive and he definitely doesn't give a much BS as some. I like him.
I saw Mike sell that panoramic mirror and he stated a couple of times that he wasn't scaremongering then proceeded to talk about not seeing a child in your blind spot and perhaps killing them (amongst other scenarios that resulted in maiming, disability or loss of life!) no Mike that's not scaremongering at all!
I actually get the feeling that he reads these threads or someone feeds it back to him.

Doesn't seem to have made any difference to his scary sales patter though, does it?

I don't use it myself but I understand his Facebook page says this site is full of inaccurate comments.

Indeed, this site will certainly have some inaccurate comments. However, the person who runs Mike's Facebook page should remember that many Sit Up TV presenters make inaccurate sales pitches. If they are in any doubt about that I would politely refer them to our little weekly thread which details the regularly Upheld Advertising Standards Authority complaints, it's a weekly occurrence these days.

But deep down I doubt they are in any doubt, none whatsoever. But it speaks volumes that they attack a forum that openly discusses their shenanigans which I bet really irks them.

Mind you it could be worse, imagine if something like Watchdog took an interest :wink:

Last edited:
Accordng to the person who runs Mike Mason's Facebook page the people on this site are 'sad'.
What could be sadder than running a Mike Mason fan page?

Accordng to the person who runs Mike Mason's Facebook page the people on this site are 'sad'.
What could be sadder than running a Mike Mason fan page?

I believe it is run by his goddess.

I'll say no more.

:mysmilie_466: that avatar

Well, apparently Momma it says on his facebook page we are not to post pictures of him on this truly dreadful site.

Happy to oblige. Maybe Mike isn't quite the happy go lucky, cheeky chappie he portrays? Fancy that, a Sit Up presenter possibly putting on an act.

Whatever next?

Last edited:
Well, apparently Momma it says on his facebook page we are not to post pictures of him on this truly dreadful site.

Happy to oblige. Maybe Mike isn't quite the happy go lucky, cheeky chappie he portrays? Fancy that, a Sit Up presenter possibly putting on an act.

Whatever next?

Oh I see, here was me thinking it was Jason :wonder:

Whatever next?

I really didn't like what was posted on his facebook page by the owner/updater such as:

Hi all, sorry I haven't decided the competition question yet but I will soon, been rather busy. I just wanted to say that it has come to my attention that some people on here may also be on the truly awful 'shopping telly' site..

and

Mike truly doesn't give a monkeys what people think about him but in my opinion most of the comments on there are inaccurate and just plain rude. Please don't give those sad people ammunition. Thanks all. MJ :)

It really wasn't a professional & dignified response to a bit of criticism he has received. Whoever is doing that fan page really isn't doing him any favours.

Latest posts

Back