Mike Mason, lies, lies and more lies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I really didn't like what was posted on his facebook page by the owner/updater such as:

Hi all, sorry I haven't decided the competition question yet but I will soon, been rather busy. I just wanted to say that it has come to my attention that some people on here may also be on the truly awful 'shopping telly' site..

and

Mike truly doesn't give a monkeys what people think about him but in my opinion most of the comments on there are inaccurate and just plain rude. Please don't give those sad people ammunition. Thanks all. MJ :)

It really wasn't a professional & dignified response to a bit of criticism he has received. Whoever is doing that fan page really isn't doing him any favours.

It's his lady/goddess who is doing his fan page but apparently it's closing.

It's his lady/goddess who is doing his fan page but apparently it's closing.

Thanks I thought it may have been her (Medina I think she's called?), It's hard to gauge if she is usually as judgmental and rude as her quoted comments are as I see the site is also run by a guy called Ryan. Maybe she was just having a bad day.

I can't say I blame them for their reaction, nobody likes to hear themselves and their famlee being "dissed". I can't imagine he'd ever say something like " Yeah, I know I'm a Bullsh*tting, conniving, scaremongering git, but everybody's gotta make a living!" If it were me, I would like to believe that I'd try and retain a dignified silence.

Truth hurts

Indeed, when I found out about this I was amazed he would even have a fanpage but the mere fact it is administered by his partner kind of gives us an idea of the size of egos in play here. Often people like that just cannot take criticism and let's face it there's plenty to criticise about Mike Mason's on air persona, not to mention his employer

Silly gits, get over yourselves. If you cant take the heat cut the bullshitting, Andy Hodgson dosen't get any stick on here does he?

I really didn't like what was posted on his facebook page by the owner/updater such as:

Hi all, sorry I haven't decided the competition question yet but I will soon, been rather busy. I just wanted to say that it has come to my attention that some people on here may also be on the truly awful 'shopping telly' site..

and

Mike truly doesn't give a monkeys what people think about him but in my opinion most of the comments on there are inaccurate and just plain rude. Please don't give those sad people ammunition. Thanks all. MJ :)

It really wasn't a professional & dignified response to a bit of criticism he has received. Whoever is doing that fan page really isn't doing him any favours.

Thank God for that! :whew:

Don't you need fans to have a fan page. Him and the goddess must be delusional. He reminds me of those dodgy guys who used to sell towels and pots on the markets years ago. Del boy without the charm

He should never have given up the barrow.

That is terribly unfair Hillary, do please reconsider your comments.

In February Peter Simon said that although he wouldn't tell you himself (more proof if you needed it of his modesty) Mike Mason was once up for a Variety Club of Great Britain award. He didn't go into any further detail as obviously this would have embarrassed Mike. That, for me anyway, is confirmation that Mike Mason is definitely not an egomaniac.

And even if he was with a talent like his he has every reason to be.

Last edited:
That is terribly unfair Hillary, do please reconsider your comments.

In February Peter Simon said that although he wouldn't tell you himself (more proof if you needed it of his modesty) Mike Mason was once up for a Variety Club of Great Britain award. He didn't go into any further detail as obviously this would have embarrassed Mike. That, for me anyway, is confirmation that Mike Mason is definitely not an egomaniac.

And even if he was with a talent like his he has every reason to be.

Is he mixing Mikeyboy up with Billy Butlin?

Is he mixing Mikeyboy up with Billy Butlin?

Again more unfair comments, I have to say i'm very disappointed in you Momma.

What people should consider is when someone has a really rare talent, a gift, it's not unknown for them to occasionally go off the rails. This can manifest itself in several ways. Some gifted people have even been known to exaggerate, some have even told the odd untruth.

But in my opinion this is a small price to pay for the privilege of being able to see a true master at work.

Again more unfair comments, I have to say i'm very disappointed in you Momma.

What people should consider is when someone has a really rare talent, a gift, it's not unknown for them to occasionally go off the rails. This can manifest itself in several ways. Some gifted people have even been known to exaggerate, some have even told the odd untruth.

But in my opinion this is a small price to pay for the privilege of being able to see a true master at work.

:blush:

Bliddy Nora what's happened to ya Wirral? :giggle:

:blush:

Bliddy Nora what's happened to ya Wirral? :giggle:

I'm just humble enough to acknowledge excellence when I see it.

Speaking of which I would draw everyone's attention to the 3pm show on Bid today. Not quite as outstanding as Mike Mason but certainly a worthy understudy.

Does anyone know why Ladyslashgoddess closed down the Facebook fan page and opened a fresh one?

I'm not on Facebook, but did see her mention it on her Twitter.

Edit:

(I know about the unwelcome comments she'd had on it, but why close one and open another?)

Last edited:
Does anyone know why Ladyslashgoddess closed down the Facebook fan page and opened a fresh one?

Edit:

(I know about the unwelcome comments she'd had on it, but why close one and open another?)

Maybe because their ego demands it Pola?

Seriously though I believe the new fanpage is a closed group which I understand.

Now if only Sit Up was a closed group :grin: Only joking, i'm thinking of setting up an alternative fangroup, one where people can openly discuss issues surrounding Sit Up presenters without fear of monumentally paranoid and egotistical censorship.

Oh, I've just realised. That's what ShoppingTelly.com already is, happy days!

Last edited:

Edit:

It's like doors, one closes and another one opens but you often find yourself in much the same room :wink:

Ah, OK, that makes sense.

Anyway, Ladyslashgodess made me giggle. She asked for "all 744 fans to join the new page".

Latest posts

Back