Attempt of refusal of refund if 50+% of product used under 30 day MBG !!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2        

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose if it is a large product which should last say 6 months and more than 50% is used in only a month they may ask questions on expensive items. However they should make the returns policy crystal clear for customers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boffy View Post
    as the recession gets worse companies are getting really cheeky. and thats cheeky imao. apple/ugg/miele are all brands that are top end and refuse to do the right thing by thier customers it will only get worse. puts one off spending full stop. very bad. suprised at qvc but then again....
    I've never had a single problem with Apple. In fact, if anything I have been very impressed with Apple's after sales service. About 18 months ago I dropped my iPhone 4 and cracked the screen. I had only had it a couple of weeks. I was going to make a claim in the contents insurance, so went into Apple for a replacement quote. The guy at the Genius Bar told me not to worry and just gave me a brand new one free. I originally got it from O2 so didn't even buy it direct from Apple. Their service is brilliant and what every other company should aspire too. I was also given a generous discount in-store when I purchased Apple Care for my daughter's MacBook. Apple have me as a customer for life. We have now switched all our tech stuff over to Apple as a result. 2 MacBook Pros, new iPad (awesome by the way!), 2 iPhones and an iPod Touch and no doubt the collection will grow.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Crazy how an earth can usage be worked out?

QVC sell products such as bath/shower, handwashes, shampoo's which could be purchased for families or students/flat/house share.

What about crafting products purchased for groups/clubs etc.

I recall years and years ago now, when I'd just started watching QVC, I'd started crafting and wanted to try out embossing powder.
    I rang CS as I'd heard the presenter say try it out for a month, and if you don't get along with it just send it back.
    I questioned if I used the powder was their a limit on how much I could use, before not being allowed to return for a refund.
    I was bothered I may use a lot to get the correct effect or make a mess, spill it and not get a lot back in the pot.
    The CS rep said their wouldn't be a problem if I wanted to return for a refund, if I didn't get along with it.

What about items such as clothing, footwear or bedding can you not use the items for a month then and return because they will have more than 50% wear?

Post Thanks / Like

So what happens with food items? If I ordered some Thorntons chocolates would I be allowed to eat half the box and return it for a refund?

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is terrible customer service.

Maybe when returning beauty stuff we should 'top up' the stuff with water/yoghurt/flour mix/whatever so it appears fuller - surely they bin it anyway?

Post Thanks / Like

My knee-jerk response to this is to advise beauty buyers to top up their pots with cheap handcream or any gunk that roughly resembles the original product, if they decide the moisturiser (or whatever) isn't for them and want to return it.

Missymiss (any buyer for that matter) pay by credit rather than debit card where possible, and at the first whiff of silly bugger behaviour from QVC raise a complaint with your credit card (which is jointly liable for the goods/services you buy). The CC company don't just step in when a vendor goes bust but can exert pressure to resolve any dispute. Even once QVC pay up it's worth contacting the CC to explain your dispute, particularly where QVC are relying on clauses that don't appear in the T&Cs.

I hope you get a full refund and an apology (not sure you'll get the latter).

Jude xx

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a question I've just had delivery of a garden cleaning product.
    Well I don't know if it's going to clear the moss etc. because some reviews are good and some not.
    So do I get hubby to do only half a job, just in case it doesn't work then I can return for a refund?

Post Thanks / Like

Well the fact it took them over 3 weeks to send it back, with no note wasn't clever.

Now I have to send them back again, to get a refund.

QVC have to display all t&cs that form part of the contract (i.e sale and purchase), between themselves and the consumer - then the consumer may may a decision upon which they either elect to enter into the contract and buy the item (with MBG terms) or not.

This is regardless of use, unless of course, it clearly states both on the TV presentations and published terms, on any restrictions to use during the 30 day period - as to attempt to enforce a term previously concealled would fail any unfair relationship test or court case.

This is similar to the 50% return policy, which IS now clearly published on their T&C site.

As I say, I have always championed QVC and their CS, and this has left rather a sour taste, although in this case they have agreed to a full refund.

As I say, I will only now order things that i ALREADY use and know, or items that don't have a quantity as such .....

Missy

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a good read of their terms and conditions and nowhere does it mention that you have to return at least 50% of the item, it only says that the items have to be clean and in their original packaging. This is something I feel should be brought to the attention of Trading Standards and the ASA. Shame on QVC.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, regardless of the fact that they have finally agreed to refund Missy "on this occasion".