Happy Birthday Ideal World and C&C!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
Happy Birthday Ideal World :cake:

OK so I don't often post on the IW board and it's rarer still for me to start a positive thread but I just wanted to wish Ideal World a v happy birthday. In spite of the negative feedback they receive they've managed to keep going and they're still a bit of much needed competition for the dinosaur that is QVC.

I've been lucky and have never had a problem with deliveries whereas QVC's deliveries have been very hit and miss. I like the fact they shift their ends of line during Monday Morning Madness with free p&p whereas some of QVCs Last Clicks have been stuck for years in the clearance section with reductions that don't even cover the p&p. Talking of postage, qvc could take a leaf from IW's book and cap the postage within an hour's items, charge only one p&p per item number regardless of different options ordered. Returns are easier and cheaper with their use of Collect+ as well as Royal Mail, so if I wanted to order 15 items from an hour it's possible it would only cost me £6.99 for delivery and only £1.49 with a collect+ label to return them all.

So has anyone got an item from IW over the years that they're really glad they bought? or happy memories of particular shows. I think QVC's attempt at "Anything Goes" shows was a failed attempt to replicate the old Whatter's consumer choice and crazeee Christmas vibe. Can we try and find something positive to say for a change, you have lots of other threads to contribute to if you have a gripe.

Jude xx

Happy Birthday Ideal World :cake:

OK so I don't often post on the IW board and it's rarer still for me to start a positive thread but I just wanted to wish Ideal World a v happy birthday. In spite of the negative feedback they receive they've managed to keep going and they're still a bit of much needed competition for the dinosaur that is QVC.

I've been lucky and have never had a problem with deliveries whereas QVC's deliveries have been very hit and miss. I like the fact they shift their ends of line during Monday Morning Madness with free p&p whereas some of QVCs Last Clicks have been stuck for years in the clearance section with reductions that don't even cover the p&p. Talking of postage, qvc could take a leaf from IW's book and cap the postage within an hour's items, charge only one p&p per item number regardless of different options ordered. Returns are easier and cheaper with their use of Collect+ as well as Royal Mail, so if I wanted to order 15 items from an hour it's possible it would only cost me £6.99 for delivery and only £1.49 with a collect+ label to return them all.

So has anyone got an item from IW over the years that they're really glad they bought? or happy memories of particular shows. I think QVC's attempt at "Anything Goes" shows was a failed attempt to replicate the old Whatter's consumer choice and crazeee Christmas vibe. Can we try and find something positive to say for a change, you have lots of other threads to contribute to if you have a gripe.

Jude xx

I didn't buy much from Ideal World but the few items I did purchase were all good buys. They were:

A Palson Grand Gourmet Multi-Cooker - Used regularly and still so easy to clean :clapping:

ProShine Car Wash - A great product, although I buy it elsewhere now :wink:

Dave Bradford's Jewellery Cleaner - Very good results, even on tarnished silver :nod:

Phew! Thanks for replying I was worried this might be an embarrassing tumbleweed thread! Mr Akimbo likes his Karcher pressure washer and multi-ladder thingy.

What I really remember with fondness was watching those early lovely amateurish shows in the early days. They made visits to the out-laws almost tolerable (they had sky and IW wasn't on Cable in the early days).

Jude xx

Akimbo. What a lovely thread. When I saw the title on the menu I was really happy. I love Ideal world, just as much as I do qvc. I have bought quite a lot of things and am happy with most of them. I do have a few grumbles. The call centre is diabolic. Very poor command of English, in fact, so bad that its a rather long process just placing an order over the phone, hence why I order online with Ideal but when a problem has arisen, calling the customer services has been a nightmare.

Im also unhappy with some of the newer presenters, Hayley Green was fine as a guest presenter where she was alongside a main presenter but on her own she is terrible and why Ideal made Zoe, who started the same time, and Lottie redundant and kept Hayley seemed a bizarre thing. Also we still have the appaling Jaqui Joseph whi still has not improved and has all the charisma and personality of a dungbeetle and is as dull as ditchwater. Again why Jaqui is kept and Lottie was let go, was another bad idea.

I used to watch the Jerome Alexander presentations. Not my kind of thing, very old fashion make-up line but the most amusing thing on TV; a sixties relic almost stabbing at the models faces with chalky looking powder and sometimes missing the mouths entirely with orange lipstick. No one lost an eye but they sure came close; his eyesight was worse than mine. I was tempted by the Elizabeth Grant spring beauty box with a vitamin c serum, wrinkle pen and lash treatment. Hurry someone talk me out of it!

I like Ideal World and have had very few problems with them. Any I had, have been sorted quickly. I've had lots of good buys, delivered quickly. Bissell, cooking stuff, love my Karcher window vac, winter boots,halogen oven, loads of stuff. No complaints from me about anything. I will certainly order something over the Birthday weekend.
Nice thread xx

Happy Birthday to IW........:mysmilie_858:

Must admit, rarely watch the channel these days because the last couple of orders I placed with them were messed up big time and it took weeks and weeks to sort out. Over the years I have had some good buys including Zhuzh! Tan Accelerator (still miss the late SW, he was great), Karcher Pressure Washer, Karcher Window Vac, many plants in the early days which were all fab and I have to thank them for introducing me to Woodland Leather as it really is 'buttery' soft!

I wish they would vary their products more because it has got rather monotonous now but nevertheless it's good to see they've survived, especially in recent years.

I will continue to shop with them. I would sure not want to loose them. Prices are usually quite good too and I love the longer demonstrations you get with Ideal, which is great when you are buying a more expensive item.

I enjoy watching Iw and CC, never had any problems with them. My favorite buys were some black eyed susan plants and the derma wand :up:. Happy 13th Birthday :clapping:

Ideal World is my favourite shopping channel, i no the amount of items they sell isnt that varied, but i dont no, the channel has a more friendly atmosphere, they way involve the backstage crew at times, when they shout out like Free P&P, or if they do card making, and they put the emails in the pot, nice touch, question does Dawn, give her cards away, as i remember at QVC, she didnt like to.

Ooh I remember them selling the dermawand you must have bought that a few years ago Autumn, is it still doing what it's supposed to?

I gave up buying plants from QVC but most of the plants I've had from IW are still alive! (I really like Black Eyed Susans :flower:)

They have always stuck to 5-8 or so items to air periodically throughout the day and it does get a bit monotonous but QVC seem to have adopted this approach in recent years so once you've seen one hour you've seen everything that's likely to be shown for that brand (except maybe an occasional OTO).

Jude xx

Happy Birthday to IW, I don't watch it now but use to buy lots and again have had no problems. Just ordered showroom shine duo.

Was going to order Dave Bradford's jewellery cleaner but looks like he has left IW!

I have in the past bought lots of craft items, plants, makeup, fleece, knives, jewellery, magnets, air purifier and few others

Ooh I remember them selling the dermawand you must have bought that a few years ago Autumn, is it still doing what it's supposed to?

I gave up buying plants from QVC but most of the plants I've had from IW are still alive! (I really like Black Eyed Susans :flower:)

They have always stuck to 5-8 or so items to air periodically throughout the day and it does get a bit monotonous but QVC seem to have adopted this approach in recent years so once you've seen one hour you've seen everything that's likely to be shown for that brand (except maybe an occasional OTO).

Jude xx

First Dermawand i bought lasted 2 years and i dropped it :sad: that was about 7yrs ago, but few years ago Iw opended an outlet store( since closed :( ) and i bought another one for £8 and thats still going strong havent used it for a while, i really should thou lol. Hardly anywhere sells Black eyed susans , so i grow them from seed every year :flower: love them!!!

Wow £8 what a bargain, shame they didn't keep the outlet shop going. I've seen them on ebay for 60!

Jude xx

Wow £8 what a bargain, shame they didn't keep the outlet shop going. I've seen them on ebay for 60!

Jude xx

I know i was really happy about it, i think my first one was about £40 as a POTD. Had loads of bargains there including Easyio and the chillo, i think the outlet was open about a year and they closed.

Mainly Iv bought steam. Yello, Polti Bissel, karcher, again and again. Iv had so many plus all the steam irons and steam stations. Please Ideal, never run out of steam!

I enjoy watching Iw and CC, never had any problems with them. My favorite buys were some black eyed susan plants and the derma wand :up:. Happy 13th Birthday :clapping:

Dermawand, I forgot all about that. I found it really good and loved the ozone smell from it. I will find it this weekend and start using it again. Thanks for the reminder

Latest posts

Back