Miceal Murphy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Never really took to him but, as is my want, thought I'd give him a chance to settle in, and grow on me. Well, I think he's had plenty of time to know whether or not this is 'his bag'. I used to just ignore his voice, if the item on air was something I wanted to see. Now both his voice and his reactions to the ingenious products, annoy me so much because he sounds so insincere and fanciful, his claims are bordering on the mendacious. It's a personal opinion, and I'm sure others love him, but I cannot stand the guy; he is on a par with Anne Dawson. And when he started wearing those glasses and wearing a handkerchief in his jacket pocket. He seems to have what can only be described as a phony character.

He doesn't seem to understand the words "shut up" at all. I'd put at the top of the irritation scale. Agreed: unwatchable and can't stand hearing him. But a flashy dresser - I'll give him that.

Didn't you know he is a Chocolatier and he is training to be a QVC fashion stylist gawd help us hence he efforts to look very swish.

I wasn't sure what style he's aiming for but today it hit me:

Attachments

• CURTISsome-like-it-hot-21.jpg
    CURTISsome-like-it-hot-21.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 238
Sorry, don't agree, I like Miceal and I like my fellow Scot Anne, alth0ugh to be fair she does squeak a bit. Much worse presenters IMO, Charlie, Jill etc.

CC

I like Miceal I don't find anything about him annoying, unlike Graig the spiv Rowe. I can't see Miceal as a fashion guru, but then again I am sure he knows as much about fashion as our Glen C does. LOL

I think he's wasted on QVC, selling "fabulous" items brings out the annoying in him, whereas the longer interviews he's done when they've had a Z list celeb flogging and book or CD have shown him to be a far better presenter. I hope he's using QVC as a springboard into UK daytime TV because I think he'd do better in that format.

He doesn't cause me to switch off if he's flogging a product I'm interested in but I'm not sure selling is where he should stay.

TBH I'm not keen on all but one of the male presenters - they are too smarmy, insincere and over-exaggerate. My one exception is Charlie because a lot of his presenting "style" is tongue-in-cheek.

I quite like Miceal - I can watch shows he presents - which is more than I can say of some of the presenters. I find Craig very hard to watch, well actually I don't watch, I just switch off.

I like Dale and Charlie, even better together. The rest I usually turn off, unless I am desperate to see a presentation (never!!)

How old is he? He seems to be dressing too old or too conservatively (small c) for the age he looks (iykwim).

I like him,he doesn't bother me at all.

Charlie is a different matter though,after all these years I still have to switch him off after a few minutes.

Watching the Kim & Co outlet today was no different,he said he is useless at DIY & once had his other half's father drive 100 miles to fix a gate!!

I find him pretty inoffensive to be honest.
I don't hate him but I don't particularly like him either. I don't switch channels when he's presenting (cough, Craig Rowe, cough), but he wouldn't convince me to buy any old $hite like Julia probably could.

Latest posts

Back