SBC Guest - Telling Porkies???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Whatsgoinon?

Registered Shopper
Just flicking channels and caught the SBC lady (sorry can't remember her name) saying that they are not about fancy packaging, why the recent change to the awful new bottles and dispensers...read the reviews, the new dispensers are terrible...you have to tilt the 1ltr bottles with wet hands to get product on sponge otherwise it dribbles down the side of the bottle.

She also said that they haven't re-formulated, why then do I have an email from QVC Customer Service stating that there has been an ingredient change in SBC Arnica Bath Soak and to check the ingredients with my GP??? If that isn't re-formulating, what is...doh!

Catherine was discussing a set of 5 gels £33.14 + £5.95 postage. She was trying to convince us that, although we are paying the postage, we are getting 5 products and, if we had to pay postage individually..... Reality check, Catherine : SBC's own website offers free standard delivery! Didn't tell us that, eh? Good job we eagle eyed forumites are savvy shoppers.

I love SBC and swear by it however I don't like the new bottles, its impossible to read the instructions on the back and the plastic the bottles are made out of is very thin compare to the old design. Haven't had any problems with the pumps as of yet. Qvc are 90% of the time cheaper to buy SBC products from than elsewhere , even when you add on the p&p.

I miss Lorraine as the SBC guest , she was brilliant and knew the products well , haven't been able to warm to Adele :(.

I use SBC because I can't bear creams which take ages to soak in. However, I'm no fool, I am well aware that the main ingredient of most of the products is AQUA or just plain water.

Lorraine went off and started her own range. It even appeared on IW, but I believe it was only once or twice and she disappeared again.

I sure her own range which was like SBC is still going, though I cannot remember the name of it. Someone on here will.

Lorraine went off and started her own range. It even appeared on IW, but I believe it was only once or twice and she disappeared again.

I sure her own range which was like SBC is still going, though I cannot remember the name of it. Someone on here will.

The range was called 'Love Your Skin'.
The website is still live, so I'm assuming they are still trading.

http://www.lys-london.com/

Funny how the SBC new packaging is identical to Lorraines, apart from the artwork/labelling...SBC obviously thought Lorraine was on to a winner. They say copying is a form of flattery, don't they?

I totally agree, Lorraine was a far better guest and I remember seeing her on IW with her own range, will definitely give her range a try when I run out.

Lorraine also appeared as the beauty expert on Ideal worlds Sister channel, The Deal Channel, sadly the channel was axed :(, I remember Lorraine being on Ideal world with her own range, pretty sure she only appeared twice , that was a few years back when Ellis was still there.

The last I heard, Lorraine was in negotiation with QVC to take LYS on there.

Interesting , I know someone asked Lorraine on FB, why she didn't bring her own brand on Q and she replied saying they wouldn't allow her to appear with any other brand on Qvc , even though there are other guests that front more than one brand.

Love your skin is a fantastic range I cannot rate it highly enough the moisturiser being my fave product the collagen gel also runs rings around the sbc gel . and Lorraine really knows her stuff . LYS is really on the up and up

Catherine was discussing a set of 5 gels £33.14 + £5.95 postage. She was trying to convince us that, although we are paying the postage, we are getting 5 products and, if we had to pay postage individually..... Reality check, Catherine : SBC's own website offers free standard delivery! Didn't tell us that, eh? Good job we eagle eyed forumites are savvy shoppers.

I wanted to watch the hour as I like some of the products and always like to see if there is any new stuff but as soon as I saw it was CH presenting I switched over. I can't stand to hear her endless BS about p&p. Not to mention her constantly telling us qvc were the "original shopping channel" and talking about herself the rest of the time. I have to really really want to see a show of she is presenting. I know many on here love her, but I just always feel like tearing my hair out when watching her.

...the main ingredient of most of the products is AQUA or just plain water.

... and alcohol :mysmilie_10: But I have at least 3 of their gels on the go.

I don't like the fact that you can't find out anything about SBC as a company. Or you couldn't the last time I looked and asked on here about it.

I am a new convert to SBC although my husband has used the propolis after shaving and I put the Arnica on bumps and bruises for years now. I got the last TSV and am now hooked on pretty much all of them especially the collagen. I am terrible at moisturising the skin on my body. I find the gels super quick after a shower and therefore suit my lifestyle. I now only bother with lotions and body butters if I have time (hardly ever) or inclination (even less). I dont have a stockpile of body lotions for this reason-I just have the one bottle of l'occy shea.

I have extremely sensitive skin, which can react to anything. I recently got an anti hystemine from the doctor and decided I would only use my SBC wardrobe of gels. They have been a life saver. I use the collagen shower gel, on my hair as well. Instead of a body lotion, I use either the propolis or jasmine or lavender gel. In fact, they are all multifunctional, and can be used as an alternative to body lotion, one of the reasons I love the range. Plus, they are suitable for my boxers, especially the propolis and arnica. Wouldn't be without them. I ordered the set of 3 shower crèmes 205283 on waitlist, at £22.55 and when I checked a day later, the IP was removed and they were at the QVC price of £27.50. Can't recall it being mentioned it was the last showing at IP when they were aired.

Latest posts

Back