Peony flowers lady so annoying

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wornoutcreditcard

Registered Shopper
Every time the peony flowers lady comes on to do the little 30sec show promos I reach for he remote because of he way she says "faux fla-hars" BUT she goes on to say "peony flowers" without he horsey intonation has anyone else noticed? Or is it just me being too finickity?

If you love Peony Flowers, and would like to treat yourself to some without watching the Peony guest, or paying QVC prices..... there were lots of beautiful Peony flowers, orchids and arrangements in Homesense yesterday - at super prices ;)

Its strange how ONE word can drive you nuts ! Yes, the flaaaaaaars is a big irritation, but equally when I hear Eammon Holmes or Maxine Mulwhinney (news channel) saying 'house' or 'no' and it comes out as 'hice' and 'ny', I don't hear anything else only the pronunciation. Yes I was married to an Irishman so I was well used to the accent, but hearing it on the tv I find irritating.

Oh her pronunciation of flaaaaaaaaaaars has garnered much discussion. You are quite right in that she pronounces the same word in two totally different ways in that advert! I have noticed that many people (including newsreaders who should know better) pronounce the word "hour" as "ower" and the word "flower" as "flour," of flaaaaar!" I particularly hate it when they put an extra syllable in that is not required: "handelling" instead of "handling," and "Wemberley" instead of "Wembley." Traffic reporters are the worst for doing it! "The RAYED is KLAYZED" (as in Jay Louise Knight on London's LBC drives me to despair! English isn't my first language, yet I have a very crisp, clear diction!

Last edited:
As a former poster mentioned, that 'flaaaaaars' word is so annoying, I agree.
Much more annoying than the lady who does the Bibi Bijoux jewellery whom absolutely cannot pronounce 'Swarovski' and The Lola Rose ladys' 'Crysanthemum' pronunciation.

I have seen these flaaaars in TKMaxx, and, yes, some are quite convincing BUT its. just. me. I just cannot think of fake flowers without thinking of dust, fading, and the 'fake water' in their vases turning a glorious shade of urine yellow after a few years. (yes, they really do!)

Back to the guest presenter... hmm pass.. however, Jilly looks really gorgeous is that beautiful peach melba blouse of hers, she is ageing so well

I think my idea of hell would be lunch with Miss Bates, including that lady who presents the New CID cosmetics, actually they could be sisters IMVHO.

Yes the woman is annoying and her fake flowers are over priced , but she's harmless.

It would be interesting if Jilly could tell the flaars woman to dictate the following sentence

'Today I spent hours, picking flowers, then I went to QVC Towers, got caught in a shower, went home, on my return bought some flour, and some sugar for my cooking apples, that were too sour'

Today I spent aaaaaaaaars picking flaaaaaaaaaaars then I went to QVC Taaaaaaars, got caught in a shaaaar, went home, on my return bought some flaah and some sugar for my cooking apples that were too saaar!
It would be interesting if Jilly could tell the flaars woman to dictate the following sentence

'Today I spent hours, picking flowers, then I went to QVC Towers, got caught in a shower, went home, on my return bought some flour, and some sugar for my cooking apples, that were too sour'

Latest posts

Back