Bob Mackie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Had anyone heard of BM before QVC? I know my friends would be totally underwhelmed if I said I was wearing something of his.

Imagine a Bob Mackie print top, some Diane Gilman jeans and a Butler & Wilson dancing couple brooch!

Channel hopping tonight, was the guest on the Bob MAckie show Carla (or a name similar) the lady who use to sell an Italian range of handbags and at one time worked on Create and craft.

Had anyone heard of BM before QVC? I know my friends would be totally underwhelmed if I said I was wearing something of his.

Yes, he's a very well known designer in America. Although when I tell you that he is mostly associated with being the main designer for 'Cher', it doesn't sound so good.
Don't get me wrong, I love the woman, but in the 80's she wasn't known for wearing anything 'classy' or 'sophisticated' was she?

He is (or was) a designer for hundreds of women entertainers mostly in their professional world of TV, stage, nightclubs, movies in the '60s-'90s. Awarded nine Emmy awards and nominated 3 times for an Oscar and was apparently discovered by the great Edith Head. Often thought of as the Sultan of sequins when designing for nightclub acts in particular. So his style for high street fashion is probably not going to be found in the pages of Vogue.

Latest posts

Back