Best Eye Cream/Serums

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

NIKKID

Registered Shopper
Have been using a combination of Decleor and Judith Williams for quite a while now and to be honest I'm not really noticing much difference. I have a few fine lines starting but my main problem is dark shadows. Any suggestions about what i should try next - don't care it its QVC or not and the cheaper the better!!!

Have been using a combination of Decleor and Judith Williams for quite a while now and to be honest I'm not really noticing much difference. I have a few fine lines starting but my main problem is dark shadows. Any suggestions about what i should try next - don't care it its QVC or not and the cheaper the better!!!

Have you tried Decleor Prolagene Gel yet? Its meant to be a Beauty Pick of the month this year, in an large size with pump. SBC collagen Gel mixed with arnica gel is another one you could try , mayb pick a small tube from Ebay .

The Clinique dark circles stuff gets good reviews. I bought some last summer and use it every night and every day under my make up. I didn't really think it was doing much so stopped using it. I noticed the dark circles seems to be worse so went back to using it and wouldn't be without it now.
I checked it out on Paulaschoice and there was nothing nasty about it to be honest though, one of the best things for dark circles is to drink plenty of water. They are a pain though especially if they are inherited

Okay, it depends on the actual cause of your dark circles?

Of course the people selling you cream will swear that their brand will work.

The skin is very thin under the eye and blood vessels cause the the darkness.

Some get them through tiredness which more sleep and a eye cream with a reflecting effect will help. Most brightening eye creams have a brightening effect they don't actually get rid of your dark circles. I would ask anyone on here who has used such creams, has your dark circles really totally disappeared? I bet not, they may look a little lighter nothing more.

Kidney and sinus problems can also cause them. I am the latter and laugh at SA who swear their cream will work on them.

Drink lots of water get proper sleep will do more for them.

Also use an under eye brightener such as Bobbi Brown Eye Brightener, it washes off at the end of the day but serves its purpose.

I recommend Touche Éclat, lol. I am happy with any Gatineau or Decleor eye product at night and use Prolagene in the day but that is mainly because of results for lines. I think dark circles are very hard to get rid of beyond an initial success and I always use TE when out and about.

I also use Touche Éclat.
My shadows are genetic, although can be made worse by lack of sleep etc.
I have not found any eye cream that works on them, yet.
The following don't work - Decleor, Liz Earle, Gatineau, Nivea, Linda Papodopolus (sorry about spelling), Boots. Have been trying Lulu's for the last week - haven't been blown away yet but is a nice consistency!

:mysmilie_17:Well I'm stupified at this thread because Alison Young said the Alpha H eye product would "peel off dark circles" You're not telling me this was a load of bollox are you? :mysmilie_11::tongue:

Seriously though, my dear friend Sue has dark circles and lids caused by the medical eye drops she uses (and stress from her dreadful family), and the only answer for her is to cover them, (I'll ask her what she uses). Now she focuses on targeting wrinkles because they're one thing that makes under-eye concealer look dreadful; I'm pretty sure she's tried every "dark circle remedy" on the market.

I use JW skincare but I think the eye cream may be causing irritation around the eyes, although I did think it performed well. I am currently using NSpa eye cream from Asda. I bought it when it was on offer, three products from the range for £10 and, as it is one of the few lines I can use with minimum adverse reaction, it was a bargain. The range also does a hot cloth cleanser (similar to LE but I don't use LE) and an absolutely brilliant facial serum. The scent is divine. I think the eye cream alone is £3, with a minute amount needed. The hot cloth cleanser and muslin cloth is £7 and the serum I think is £4. Sometimes, I think we can be mislead by 'named' products, and higher prices. Whilst I don't use bargain skincare, there are other ranges which do perform. As long as the products I don't want in are absent, and those I want to see as an ingredient are present and, absolutely essentially, no animal testing or by products - another reason I love JW - then I will consider it. An example : I have used my mum's eye cream when I have run out, cost about £2, and the smell and texture wan't the same, but it still felt to me as if I was doing something I should be. I do like elemis eye cream, but that isn't cheap. I would have thought - and I could be wrong, as I don't have this problem - the best product for dark circles, whatever the cause, would be a concealer product.

You are right about some of the eye creams having brightening ingredients added. I tried using Atkins eye cream only on one eye and whilst it felt cooling and the eye looked better, even after a few weeks there was no difference to the treated eye.

Thanks everyone. Umm Donna think i will have to blame the 10 month old for causing them - lack of sleep i guess.

I have a tube of prolagene so will give that a go first (didn't know it was suitable for eyes??) and perhaps invest in a brightener/concealer. Great at preventing stretch marks if anyone is interested!

Thanks everyone. Umm Donna think i will have to blame the 10 month old for causing them - lack of sleep i guess.

I have a tube of prolagene so will give that a go first (didn't know it was suitable for eyes??) and perhaps invest in a brightener/concealer. Great at preventing stretch marks if anyone is interested!

Well you can use that as a guilt trip later in live. "See these dark circles? It your fault I have them!!" :mysmilie_59:

I have a tube of prolagene so will give that a go first (didn't know it was suitable for eyes??) !

It is not officially marketed for eyes but when Fiona comes on to flog it she mentions all the other things you can use it on. I think she says you can mix it with moisturiser and body creams as well. It is terrific value as an eye product as you get about 15 times as much!!! I don't think it is necessarily right for a night eye cream but certainly as good as the Gale Hayman day gel one which is pricey. If this is a BPOTM it would be worthwhile watching a full presentation so you can see all the different uses.

I like the Avon Anew Ultimate Contouring Eye System, around £16...a waxy substance in the lid for the eyelids and a cream in the jab for under the eye...I swear it's lifted my left eyelid which had a more pronounced droop than the right one so I'm about to buy my second pot!

I have used Prolagene gel around my eyes with no problem. I find it cooling and often use it as an eye mask. I don't find it enough on it's own though and use an eye cream as well.

Latest posts

Back