Easiyo

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
QVC offers two jars and four lunch takers, at £12.00+£3.95 postage, £15.95 in total. The equivalent at Holland and Barrett would be £8.98 and no postage! £7.00 isn't an inconsequential sum of money.

Yes.
H&B often have excellent deals.
I always work out the individual cost of the yog sachets on the Q, including p&p.
Some are over £3/litre!
H&B can be nearly half that.

The only thing that Q have good prices on are the One Time Only and Try Me kits. Some of those are worth getting.

When the postage was cheaper I use to stock up through QVC and a couple of years ago when the postage was 12p I ordered a lot and I am still using it. It might have an official 12 month life, but 2 years later I am still using it and it tastes and sets the same.

Since then it seems that the reduced postage on anything only applies to the UK as I have gone to order something and have been quoted the normal postage cost which seems a bit mean.

I use the low fat Greek (which I make into cheese) and Greek and Coconut and I shall be stocking up on it when I go to London later in the month. Does anyone know if Holland and Barratt also sell the ice cream sachets as well?

When the postage was cheaper I use to stock up through QVC and a couple of years ago when the postage was 12p I ordered a lot and I am still using it. It might have an official 12 month life, but 2 years later I am still using it and it tastes and sets the same.

Since then it seems that the reduced postage on anything only applies to the UK as I have gone to order something and have been quoted the normal postage cost which seems a bit mean.

I use the low fat Greek (which I make into cheese) and Greek and Coconut and I shall be stocking up on it when I go to London later in the month. Does anyone know if Holland and Barratt also sell the ice cream sachets as well?

I'm still using some older than that! I think JJ mentioned that the date is a best before date, which doesn't mean it is not edible. I haven't found any deterioration at all. I made up a berry smoothie - delicious - had it for years and years, and I loved it. I just wish they would do a mixed set of smoothie mixes, and a smoothie jar. I only have one smoothie jar, and could do with a spare.

You often get the maker at 1/2 price at Lakeland.

Many of you may know that I make THOUSANDS of litres from just one Easiyo sachet (plain) and there have been several past threads on how to do this.

You often get the maker at 1/2 price at Lakeland.

Many of you may know that I make THOUSANDS of litres from just one Easiyo sachet (plain) and there have been several past threads on how to do this.

I only just spotted this thread... I was given an easiyo maker and jar a while back. I bought some sachets at the time and was fairly pleased with the results but certainly not blown away and just very expensive so I'd love to know who you use a base sachet to make so much yoghurt...

Do you know where I could find previous post where you explain the process? And does it turn out thin/ sour? (I'm thinking of the yogurt mum used to make when I was little in her electric maker!

Thanks so much if you see this.

I only just spotted this thread... I was given an easiyo maker and jar a while back. I bought some sachets at the time and was fairly pleased with the results but certainly not blown away and just very expensive so I'd love to know who you use a base sachet to make so much yoghurt...

Do you know where I could find previous post where you explain the process? And does it turn out thin/ sour? (I'm thinking of the yogurt mum used to make when I was little in her electric maker!

Thanks so much if you see this.

TLL, this is how I make it, successfully. Not exactly how Jilly recomends, but it works for me.
1. fill jar with approx 1/3 cold TAP water
2. add full sachet
3. replace lid, shake hard
4. fill to about 1" from top of jar with same cold tap water
5. fill yoghurt maker with boiling water until it comes through the hole in the middle of the baffle. replace lid
6. leave for NINE hours
7. check - you don't need to remove the lid of the jar - and it will probably be a bit runny
8. leave another NINE hours
9. the consistence should be almost solid - again you shouldn't need to remove the lid to know this
10. if it is still runny leave it for another few hours
11. after yoghurt is ready as you like it give it a stir with a spoon
I know this may sound patronisingly simple, but I know how easy it is to get it wrong, if you follow the on air / easiyo instructions. They may work for some, but not me. If you are into healthy eating, try mixing a couple of teaspoons in with the yoghurt - my fave is greek and honey - of linwoods mixes - flaxseed, cocoa berries, hemp et al. (google linwoods or check holland and barrett website). This really bulks the yoghurt up. I used to breed boxers and the dad and son I have now, could be classed as seniors, and they get easiyo, and love it.
Let me know how you get on - hope this helps.

I live really thick yoghurt so love the Greek with coconut bits best.

I haven't had much success with the low fat ones, they seem to go grainy or split. Perhaps it is just my excuse to keep on with the Greek!

Thank you 'Louise66' for that. Really useful for next time I get a sachet of easiyo - will print out your instructions! However, I do find it too expensive to make often (def cheaper to buy bio yoghurt from supermarket sadly!) but love idea that you can 'personalise' your yoghurt with seeds or berries etc for health benefits... :)
What I was really after was info on how 'stratobuddy' manages to make litres of yoghurt from a single sachet?! Any ideas?
Thank you again x

See page 1 on this link. I have now lost count, at over 1500 litres made from one sachet, I'm eating some now.

I forgot to say that I sterilise the pot with boiling water before use. Fill it with boiling water, leave a few minutes, then pour back into the kettle to bring back to the boil for making the yogurt.

PS be careful with the boiling water, I have 3 pots on the go, one sterilised, one to use, and one full. This means I never run out, and can let the sterilising water cool down a bit before pouring back into the kettle, meanwhile preparing the next batch in the pot I sterilised the day before.

It is probably not essential to sterilise, I am just playing safe, but occasionally make one without sterilising.

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/foru...e-before-I-start&highlight=easiyo+stratobuddy

See page 1 on this link. I have now lost count, at over 1500 litres made from one sachet, I'm eating some now.

I forgot to say that I sterilise the pot with boiling water before use. Fill it with boiling water, leave a few minutes, then pour back into the kettle to bring back to the boil for making the yogurt.

PS be careful with the boiling water, I have 3 pots on the go, one sterilised, one to use, and one full. This means I never run out, and can let the sterilising water cool down a bit before pouring back into the kettle, meanwhile preparing the next batch in the pot I sterilised the day before.

It is probably not essential to sterilise, I am just playing safe, but occasionally make one without sterilising.

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/foru...e-before-I-start&highlight=easiyo+stratobuddy

How have you used 1 sachet 1500 times?

You make a 1 litre pot from the sachet.

Then you use a spoonful of that pot to make the next one, etc, etc, etc.

In fact, you don't even need a sachet to start with, just use a spoonful of a shop-bought live yogurt.

Slightly off topic, does anyone remember a "friendship cake" which was very popular a few years ago? It was based on the same idea as Stratos in as much as you basically passed a sample live culture on to a friend who used it and passed some of their live culture on and so on.

Thanks SO much for replying Strato ;)
I shall cut and paste your tip from here and from the link and do me a little experimenting.
Thanks again!

Also yes I do absolutely remember the friendship cake. We used to make one when I was little. But the more recent one was called 'Herman the German friendship cake' (I kid you not!) here is a website dedicated to it...
http://www.hermanthegermanfriendshipcake.com/
x

You make a 1 litre pot from the sachet.

Then you use a spoonful of that pot to make the next one, etc, etc, etc.

In fact, you don't even need a sachet to start with, just use a spoonful of a shop-bought live yogurt.

I recall purchasing an electric yoghurt maker from the Q, back in the day pre easiyo. My fiance did try his best, but couldn't eat it. It was horrible. The procedure for making this was to start with a dollop of shop bought yoghurt. But even then, you had to do that each time you made a batch, so I still can't comprehend how one would get 1500 litres, out of 1 litre of yoghurt. It certainly won't taste as good as easiyo, and the health benefits, which is why I eat it, will be absent. I have said previously, my boxers are fed an holistic diet, and easiyo is an essential part of it. They love it, so there is always at least one lot, mostly two, in the fridge. Also, it is a good way to get them to take their medication.

I'll be totally honest, in my opinion it tastes much better than from an Easiyo sachet, which tastes artificial to me.

Of course, I only make plain normally, but I've tried adding milkshake flavour now and again.

You could also add real fruit.

But I really like the plain. I used to write the number on the lid, but forgot one day and lost count at about 1500.

But I kept the sachet with the date on it, and made the first batch YEARS ago.

I was just about to tell you the exact date, but the date I wrote on it has faded away :(

I make it every day unless I am away, so 1500 divided by 365 is well over 4 years of yogurts from one sachet :)

There is an easiyo purple yoghurt maker, with one sachet of greek n coconut, priced at £17.50 + £5.95 postage, £23.45 total. Without the sachet, and a white maker, available at yoghurtdirect.co.uk, a brilliant site for customer service, for £9.99. Even with postage, it will be under £15.

Latest posts

Back